Frank Lampard Thread

I read on another thread today someone worried about the lack of American./Canadian players in mls teams this season .it looks like mls will go down the path of English football and become a global league,just pointing out your 3 star players arnt american
We spotted the rest of the world a century head-start....but now we're coming for you. It doesn't alarm me that there's better players elsewhere.

Also, our guys have had to go much farther to get where they are than the English who never leave England...

Reactions: roxfontaine
Mix plays for the USMNT.
Correct through his american mother.the op was pointing out that the English game was driving out English players I was quoting yourself saying us/Canadian players were being drivern out. And illustrated this with none of your star players being American

i7wC3q7rAvi6g.png

We spotted the rest of the world a century head-start....but now we're coming for you. It doesn't alarm me that there's better players elsewhere.

Also, our guys have had to go much farther to get where they are than the English who never leave England...

Yep i d put you ahead of England maybe we should get a German coach they usually win the world cup.!

Touche. Really no arguing with that... except for the fact that Dempsey (57) still has more EPL goals to his name than Toure (45), Dzeko (50), or Nasri (34).
Maybe more goals but I wouldn't start comparing what medals he's won with that lot who are a African cup winner,champions league winner ,and double EPL winners ,fa cup winners league cup winners etc

Maybe more goals but I wouldn't start comparing what medals he's won with that lot who are a African cup winner,champions league winner ,and double EPL winners ,fa cup winners league cup winners etc
No matter how good Dempsey is he could never win an African cup. Messi has never won an African cup.. Is Gervinho better than he is?

Reactions: The Toe
No matter how good Dempsey is he could never win an African cup. Messi has never won an African cup.. Is Gervinho better than he is?
Obviously not . Dempsey achieved nothing in English football and played for a piss poor team Fulham and an average one in spurs.to compare Dempsey to toure is beyond ridiculous. For dzeko think nemec .

Obviously not . Dempsey achieved nothing in English football and played for a piss poor team Fulham and an average one in spurs.to compare Dempsey to toure is beyond ridiculous. For dzeko think nemec .

Nobody is seriously comparing Dempsey to Toure, obviously Toure is the better player but Dempsey was and still is a pretty good player, to say he achieved nothing in the England is ridiculous.

Nobody is seriously comparing Dempsey to Toure, obviously Toure is the better player but Dempsey was and still is a pretty good player, to say he achieved nothing in the England is ridiculous.
Agreed Dempsey had a good career in English football but purely on winning anything he achieved nothing .think he broke some scoring records at Fulham and played in the Europa cup final.a good steady pro,from memory nearly went to Liverpool.

Agreed Dempsey had a good career in English football but purely on winning anything he achieved nothing .think he broke some scoring records at Fulham and played in the Europa cup final.a good steady pro,from memory nearly went to Liverpool.
Not that I'm saying Dempsey is as good as the players listed but winning things isn't exactly indicative of player quality anyway. Is Soloman Kalou (Premier League Champion, UCL Champion) better than someone like De Rossi?

You say England captain like they have done anything of note while Lampard has been there. Hasn't the United States basically out performed them at the most recent tournaments by a considerable margin?

The answer to that would be no.

While Uncle Fats has been at 3 world cups. England v USA has been

2006 England last 8 GS (7pts). USA GS (1 pt).
2010 England last 16 GS (5pts). USA last 16 GS (5pts).
2014 England GS (1pt). USA last 16 GS (4pts).

Both have had two progressions from the Group Stages but only England got to the last 8.
Points wise England 13-10 USA.

So no, USA have not out-performed, by any reasonable criteria, England in the world cup in the era of Uncles Fats.

MythBusters_title_screen.jpg