General MLS Discussion

Forsberg. Come from Europe. Ghost your wife and kids until they leave you. Score all the goals for New Jersey.

What a loser.

Also, if there’s no weather delay I don’t know if Charlotte concedes like that.
In September we play the Union at home, Inter at home three days later, and then we cross the river to play Red Bull a week after that.

I want to beat the tar out of all three of those teams so bad. Grrr.

How is DiMaria going to Miami? They must be paying people off the books they have no DP spots left.

If we win our two games in hand, we're two points behind Miami.

If we win our one game in hand, we're four points behind Cincinnati.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
if he's really going to miami then it's cause he'd be coming in as a non-dp and taking a big pay cut, like bale. at this point, these guys just want to play together and have fun off the field together in miami.
It sucks that it's someone else's team, but it's kind of what salary capped league fans have asked of stars for ages. You already have more money than you know what to do with. Isn't playing together and winning worth more than maxing out your next contract?

For these guys (and with Messi as the draw), it seems it is.

In September we play the Union at home, Inter at home three days later, and then we cross the river to play Red Bull a week after that.

I want to beat the tar out of all three of those teams so bad. Grrr.

i really dislike that they schedule rivalry games like that so back to back or farily close to each other like two weeks ago with toronto philly RB all in one week.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
i really dislike that they schedule rivalry games like that so back to back or farily close to each other like two weeks ago with toronto philly RB all in one week.
It's a challenge. But if we keep on this trajectory, there's every chance we'll be downright fearsome by then. We're 70, maybe 80, percent of what we can become. And I mean this season.

Reactions: Sabo
I think our league is drunk tonight. Bonkers.

Drunk Like A Boss GIF

I know that at some level the answer is simply "MLS," but does anyone know why Miami has played 18 games and New England only 14? The average is 16. It makes sense that Columbus has played just 14 because of CCC.

Would never have guessed but, 5-1 wins for both my teams makes me happy man for the week. Apparently that was my score line for the weekend. 😁 I love this game so much sometimes

I know that at some level the answer is simply "MLS," but does anyone know why Miami has played 18 games and New England only 14? The average is 16. It makes sense that Columbus has played just 14 because of CCC.
I believe this is a case of Miami requesting time off during copa america cause of Messi and MLS happily agreed. By the end of June, everyone should be caught up except for Columbus.

On a personal level, I'm thoroughly enjoying the 2024 season.

A typical Saturday night for this FOG is to watch a 7:30 match and then tune into the 9:30 match. If it's a good one, I'll watch it to its conclusion then catch the 2nd half of the 10:30 game. If it's a stinker I'll bail and watch the 10:30 game from the start.

The $80 I gave my daughter for Apple+ was money well spent.

On a personal level, I'm thoroughly enjoying the 2024 season.

A typical Saturday night for this FOG is to watch a 7:30 match and then tune into the 9:30 match. If it's a good one, I'll watch it to its conclusion then catch the 2nd half of the 10:30 game. If it's a stinker I'll bail and watch the 10:30 game from the start.

The $80 I gave my daughter for Apple+ was money well spent.
Same here. I'm totally locked in on our league, and I couldn't be happier with the value I'm getting. And I'm sure some of the kinks will get worked out on MLS 360 as we go along. (Not for nothing, but it's been weeks since the branding change and most of them still say NYCFC instead of New York City FC or simply New York City. Do your homework, people.)

Some of the content on AppleTV+ is really good, too. I watched the Tom Hanks flick Greyhound over Memorial Day weekend. Really good flick, and the picture was phenomenal. Apple's technology can't be beat.

Reactions: JayH and Gene
😬😬😬
That music rankles me. I'd rather listen to Kars 4 Kids
Why do they punish you for turning a game on 2 minutes early?

i don't mind it for a few minutes and kinda think it builds suspense somehow? but i certainly don't enjoy it enough to listen to it for an hour.

i'm actually surprised that they don't have enough advertisements to play during these breaks or lead ups to games instead of filling gaps with this stuff.