Hearts Of Oak

I'm still TR (though very turned off right now by behavior of BH, maybe I'll be banned too for saying that). But I feel that it's TRs large number that is making it untenable. A large SG like AO works because it's actually made up of many smaller chapters that get together for larger events. When something is so large there is little accountability for bad behavior, it's not like the other 1,700 people really know you or might even remember you. If your in a group of 20 or so that show up to the same bar all the time, you might not get too drunk or start a fight, or act like a dick online to fellow members.

Just conjecture, but I feel that might be what HoO's questionare and smaller numbers are about. But I'll let them explain better if they care to.
Untenable is a bit strong IMO, definitely more difficult though. I can't say I was impressed with his actions either so you are not alone there. But I am conscious of taking this thread off topic so no need to go into detail.

The only reason there's a shitstorm because it's NYCFC related. Some dude with NYCFC flair "exposed" them on reddit and that's where it started.

Reactions: LostAnvil
I'm trying to stay out of all the mudslinging here, so I'll try and be brief.

First off, I'm part of the TR. Not a super active member, but I have been to a meeting or two and there are lots of great people. Is it a perfect group? Of course not. But there are a lot of people TRYING to steer a ship that has grown well outside of expectations. I like the group, but it's not like I'm going to drop the gloves and fight for them. I'm very new to nyc and don't really know anyone. The only thing I want to get out of an SG are a few like minded people that I can have a beer and watch a game with. That's pretty much it.

When HoO first post here last week or so, I was pretty interested. Great name. Great logo and some cool tie ins with New York culture. It had a slightly mysterious vibe to it (kind of like NYC Ultras months back). So I emailed about what their deal was and they kindly sent back their entrance requirements (pretty much what's been posted everywhere by now). There were a couple of head scratchers and I pretty much decided it really wasn't for me. There was no judgement, just not my thing. That's all. Like NYCFC_Dan said above, I didn't feel the need to post their private info here. Because I respect all SGs and what they do/stand for. We are ALL NYCFC. No matter how we do it.

I was seriously embarrassed when Billy Howl posted that screenshot on the FB page. I mean, I expected it to be posted some way or another (this is social media. Did people seriously not think that it would be seen everywhere?), but certainly not by one of the TR board guys. Pretty gutless in my opinion. I was embarrassed for ALL MLS SGs after it did it's rounds on reddit and every asshole from here to Seattle had to dump on it. Certainly not deserved.

That said, I certainly don't see HoO a completely innocent victim here. Talking about wanting a good relationship with other SGs and then taking a swing IMMIDATELY at TR was just hypocritical. Then to come here to the forum and pretend like what you said "wasn't about them" is, frankly, a crock of shit. Just own up to it and move on.

In the end I have love for all the SG's. I'm trying to get to banter today to watch the game with the Brown. Bag crew for the first time. I think some HoO people are going to be there, and I want to meet you guys. I'm serious.

But this CONSTANT battling between SGs, complaining about the way things SGs do things and all that has already worn me down. I'm not nearly as interested in being a part of any of these communities as I was when I moved out here. Not one of us has even stepped foot in the god damn stadium and we are already irreparably divided. Damn shame.

I look forward to meeting with all of you guys at some point this season. Let's have a beer, sing a song and march alongside NYCFC.

When HoO first post here last week or so, I was pretty interested. Great name. Great logo and some cool tie ins with New York culture. It had a slightly mysterious vibe to it (kind of like NYC Ultras months back). So I emailed about what their deal was and they kindly sent back their entrance requirements (pretty much what's been posted everywhere by now). There were a couple of head scratchers and I pretty much decided it really wasn't for me. There was no judgement, just not my thing. That's all. Like NYCFC_Dan said above, I didn't feel the need to post their private info here.

I had the exact same experience. Like you, I decided it probably wasn't for me and it didn't even cross my mind to post the application to social media.

Last edited:
Like others, I took interest in this group at first. I poke fun but I mean no harm to those in the group HoO. I said it before, it sounds like a country club to me, just in Mario's world. I mean no disrespect by it, hope it wasn't taken in that way. I follow this thread/group with interest. I wish this SG the best, as well as any other groups. I will follow up on you guys because maybe in the near future I will apply, who knows. I joined the TR recently, who knows how that will go. But I would eventually like to join a group of people who I believe I would fit in with who both support not only the club, but the sport as a whole.

Reactions: Brooooooklyn2015
Like others, I took interest in this group at first. I poke fun but I mean no harm to those in the group HoO. I said it before, it sounds like a country club to me, just in Mario's world. I mean no disrespect by it, hope it wasn't taken in that way. I follow this thread/group with interest. I wish this SG the best, as well as any other groups. I will follow up on you guys because maybe in the near future I will apply, who knows. I joined the TR recently, who knows how that will go. But I would eventually like to join a group of people who I believe I would fit in with who both support not only the club, but the sport as a whole.

Keep an eye on our events. You might be surprised at the diversity of our group. Swing by, grab a beer, and see if it's for you.

Reactions: CTNYCFC and Mario

First off, I'm part of the TR. Not a super active member, but I have been to a meeting or two and there are lots of great people. Is it a perfect group? Of course not. But there are a lot of people TRYING to steer a ship that has grown well outside of expectations. I like the group, but it's not like I'm going to drop the gloves and fight for them. I'm very new to nyc and don't really know anyone. The only thing I want to get out of an SG are a few like minded people that I can have a beer and watch a game with. That's pretty much it.

When HoO first post here last week or so, I was pretty interested. Great name. Great logo and some cool tie ins with New York culture. It had a slightly mysterious vibe to it (kind of like NYC Ultras months back). So I emailed about what their deal was and they kindly sent back their entrance requirements (pretty much what's been posted everywhere by now). There were a couple of head scratchers and I pretty much decided it really wasn't for me. There was no judgement, just not my thing. That's all. Like NYCFC_Dan said above, I didn't feel the need to post their private info here. Because I respect all SGs and what they do/stand for. We are ALL NYCFC. No matter how we do it.

I was seriously embarrassed when Billy Howl posted that screenshot on the FB page. I mean, I expected it to be posted some way or another (this is social media. Did people seriously not think that it would be seen everywhere?), but certainly not by one of the TR board guys. Pretty gutless in my opinion. I was embarrassed for ALL MLS SGs after it did it's rounds on reddit and every asshole from here to Seattle had to dump on it. Certainly not deserved.

That said, I certainly don't see HoO a completely innocent victim here. Talking about wanting a good relationship with other SGs and then taking a swing IMMIDATELY at TR was just hypocritical. Then to come here to the forum and pretend like what you said "wasn't about them" is, frankly, a crock of shit. Just own up to it and move on.

In the end I have love for all the SG's. I'm trying to get to banter today to watch the game with the Brown. Bag crew for the first time. I think some HoO people are going to be there, and I want to meet you guys. I'm serious.

But this CONSTANT battling between SGs, complaining about the way things SGs do things and all that has already worn me down. I'm not nearly as interested in being a part of any of these communities as I was when I moved out here. Not one of us has even stepped foot in the god damn stadium and we are already irreparably divided. Damn shame.

I look forward to meeting with all of you guys at some point this season. Let's have a beer, sing a song and march alongside NYCFC.

While alot of this might be true, the part about "taking a swing at TR" is inaccurate. Read our mission statement. Check out our social media links. Most importantly, drink with us. You'll notice a bunch of Brown Bag members in HoO.

You'll also probably be happy to know that the image that's been widely circulating is out of date. Those were our initial, private guidelines to build a strong core. We're beyond those rules now, as we've achieved our goal in that regard.

Have fun with the boys, and come back and let us know what you think!

I blame the Front Office.

Fights over supporters groups and supporters culture and which fans are real fans are just the worst. Absolute worst. Whether it between fans of the same clubs or different clubs, it's all bullshit. So what, you're a better fan of a freaking sports team? Get over yourselves.

Not saying anybody here did that, but just like the internet reaction and stuff. If people want to be TR, if people want the small tight knight of Heats of Oak, If people want the much less formal Brown Bag, or if people just want to bring their families away from the SGs who cares? As long as they don't stand for something genuinely evil (like being racists), let people enjoy the team they best way they know how.

/rant.

Interesting. I like a lot about this SG (what little there is to go on haha) but it's just SO close to the season now, we are already pretty committed to our seats in 236. Maybe we'll sneak over to 238 a couple of times and see what all the hubub is about :cool:/QUOTE]

Oh!Surprised to read the some of the stuff.

Tabasco does things to your mind you can't possibly believe. Trust me; I live in the state that makes the dang stuff
I'm assuming it's something along the lines of what happened to homer when he ate the ghost pepper at the chili cookoff...
homer+simpson.jpg

So all you've heard about these people is true!! First they welcome you in...THEN they make you feel like you're FRIENDS..UGH. After that they show genuine interest in you as a person. Just when you think that you've had enough they joke around, hate on Lampard and plan future get-togethers. What Communists!

AND FOR THAT I'M IN!!! Thanks for the fantastic welcome ladies and gentlemen. Proud to be a NY'er, an NYCFC Fan, and member of the Hearts of Oak!