Hearts Of Oak

I would suggest emailing them for more information.

Or you can check just about any MLS related twitter account, Facebook account or MLS subreddit. An angry NYCFC supporter posted it on reddit and it quickly lost control.

This whole thing turned so ridiculous so fast. What a bunch of clowns with nothing better to do.

Nice car lets key it
Nice wife lets hit on her
Got Money lets take some of it
BADDEST TEAM IN MLS lets BASH THEM
Greatest Fans in the Universe lets knock em down

To quote the bard Taylor Swift...Haters gonna HATE!

I think the flashpoint in all of this is the portion of Bullet 5 on the Membership Application that states, "we ask that you no longer participate in other Supporter Group functions". To me, that feels a bit divisive IF I'm interpreting it correctly. As I stated before, I totally get all of the other parts as the HoO have specific goals and are taking a very defined path to get there. Some clarity on that portion could be helpful, IF HoO deemed it necessary to calm the SoS (StormofShit) on the interwebs. Does it mean SG's of other teams or is it inclusive of NYCFC SG's? Not an issue for @BxFSC as we're a Social Club :cool:

One of the TR guys basically called out HoO on the NYCFC Supporters Group FB page. Turned into a huge thing with a couple hundred comments of people bashing/defending HoO. Totally bush league for one of the TR guys to call out another SG like that. But then again, HoO sort of needlessly bashed TR, so I guess it was his retaliation.
Interesting... thanks for the details. Is this the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NYCFCsupporters/

It's a closed group, but who runs it?

Reactions: SFphoto
One of the TR guys basically called out HoO on the NYCFC Supporters Group FB page. Turned into a huge thing with a couple hundred comments of people bashing/defending HoO. Totally bush league for one of the TR guys to call out another SG like that. But then again, HoO sort of needlessly bashed TR, so I guess it was his retaliation.
I think his whole beef with it was that HOO explained that his group would not work to ruin the integrity of other groups and instead work with them. Then someone took offence to some of the 'subtle' digs at TR. Like the whole 'merchandise' line and denouncing other SGs etc. I mean it got really out of hand quickly on that group and I realized (again) how much I hate the 'NYCFC supporters fb page'

I think his whole beef with it was that HOO explained that his group would not work to ruin the integrity of other groups and instead work with them. Then someone took offence to some of the 'subtle' digs at TR. Like the whole 'merchandise' line and denouncing other SGs etc. I mean it got really out of hand quickly on that group and I realized (again) how much I hate the 'NYCFC supporters fb page'
This is exactly it.

This is what I don't understand - so the Third Rail came first and as time went on, some people weren't happy with the direction they were going - which is only natural when you have a group of people with various opinions - that caused some people to feel that it was time for there to be other SGs - and now here we are with a number of options available to us, apparently all quite different from one another, and still everyone is up in arms - just pick the one that suits you, for Pete's sake - and who the heck is Pete anyway? Now as I type this, I think I understand - the internet is never happy

Interesting... thanks for the details. Is this the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NYCFCsupporters/

It's a closed group, but who runs it?
That's the group. It just opened recently. TR announced that they were going to close their FB group when they open their forum. Then they announced they were starting this new FB group which would be "Closed" but open to anyone, not just TR members. And to be clear, "Closed" in this context means what FB says it means, only members can post or see posts. It was supposed to be open to anyone who wanted to join. But almost immediately they banned the HOO folks. I don't know everyone who runs it or if they are all TR people, but Billy Howell, who is TR, took "credit" for banning the HO people.

That's the group. It just opened recently. TR announced that they were going to close their FB group when they open their forum. Then they announced they were starting this new FB group which would be "Closed" but open to anyone, not just TR members. And to be clear, "Closed" in this context means what FB says it means, only members can post or see posts. It was supposed to be open to anyone who wanted to join. But almost immediately they banned the HOO folks. I don't know everyone who runs it or if they are all TR people, but Billy Howell, who is TR, took "credit" for banning the HO people.
Man, how many FB pages does the Third Rail have? :confused:

Yeah i dont quite understand the whole banning thing, I thought it was very dumb, but i do know BH started that group in March of 2013 way before the TR was ever formed.

Yeah i dont quite understand the whole banning thing, I thought it was very dumb, but i do know BH started that group in March of 2013 way before the TR was ever formed.
Oh, the announcement I saw gave me the impression it was new, but I might have misread it.

Just the one lol, which is getting shut down ...for the betterment of mankind
I count 4:
I joined TR in November and just got access to the Closed page for members and now they're ditching it - was it something I said? do I smell? o_O

Reactions: Drainyoo