Home - March 11 - Tigres - CCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I suspect we'll see a lot of Tigres this time...

yes but not to the level of chivas ( or america for that matter ). tigres has following but even within mexico out side of their home city they dont have huge amounts of fans. in the US houston area is where most of them are, they could technically all fly over here but it wont be massive, at least it doesnt seem that way so far.

there may be a few fans of other team in liga mx that may go just to see Gignac but again i dont think it will be much, that being said even if the amount of tigres fans could be small they will be loud all game.

They're already answered this. The field is laid, but they feel it's too new and playing back-to-back games might not be good when the field is so new. Cop-out answer? probably. Still a legitimate answer, though. (not like a week is gonna make much difference but what do i know?)

Anyone with more expertise on grass-pitch relations wanna chime in? lol

Reactions: mgarbowski
They're already answered this. The field is laid, but they feel it's too new and playing back-to-back games might not be good when the field is so new. Cop-out answer? probably. Still a legitimate answer, though. (not like a week is gonna make much difference but what do i know?)

Anyone with more expertise on grass-pitch relations wanna chime in? lol
New sod takes 14 days to take hold. Would assume that once that threshold has been met, the 3 day turnaround isn’t an issue since it’s not one during the regular season.

I’d put $ on Concacaf not approving YS and this is the cop-out answer from the club. There’s no reason that the sod couldn’t have been laid on Feb 26th and been ready.

New sod takes 14 days to take hold. Would assume that once that threshold has been met, the 3 day turnaround isn’t an issue since it’s not one during the regular season.

I’d put $ on Concacaf not approving YS and this is the cop-out answer from the club. There’s no reason that the sod couldn’t have been laid on Feb 26th and been ready.

We don't know what snow does to the field. Does snow kill the grass? Do freezing temperatures kill it? It's very possible that they want to wait into March to avoid cold temperatures.

(Yes, this was a warm winter, but most winters aren't this warm)

True, but there could also be the Yankees not wanting to take any risks and ease into it - especially with the yankees also starting not long after that. I guess we won't know until next year.

We don't know what snow does to the field. Does snow kill the grass? Do freezing temperatures kill it? It's very possible that they want to wait into March to avoid cold temperatures.

You’re kidding right, because snow is not a brand new phenomenon that teams around the world haven’t had to deal with and figure out.

There is technology out there that can protect sod from both snow and freezing temps.

True, but there could also be the Yankees not wanting to take any risks and ease into it - especially with the yankees also starting not long after that. I guess we won't know until next year.

The Yankees are definitely not the club’s friend, but Concacaf was never going to allow a game at YS when they have the ability to force the match to RBA.

You’re kidding right, because snow is not a brand new phenomenon that teams around the world haven’t had to deal with and figure out.

There is technology out there that can protect sod from both snow and freezing temps.

There's a reason the team has never opened its home schedule before March 15 (give or take two days). Yankee Stadium clearly has decided it can not make the field available before that.

Reactions: mgarbowski
There's a reason the team has never opened its home schedule before March 15 (give or take two days). Yankee Stadium clearly has decided it can not make the field available before that.
March 12 vs March 14/15 is disingenuous to argue - there is no difference between them as far as weather is concerned. Concacaf was never going to approve YS and the FO will never admit that to the fans. The only way NYCFC doesn’t play future rounds at RBA is if RB already has a match the same day. I’d bet Concacaf will push for Met Life before allowing YS or Citi Field.

I remember a tweet from Kaminski before our first home opener that showed giant plows pushing snow off the sod.

ETA - some tweets below from 2015 and 2016, but I am not sure either are the one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulrich
View attachment 10673
Two more sections opened up and already selling! I'm thinking by wednesday we might see the entire lower ring filled, then we can start working on the second level. Let's go!

i'd be shocked if they felt the need to open the second level other than for away supporters. would be great to have the entire lower ring packed tight. the atmosphere will be electric... so long we outnumber and outsing/cheer the tigres supporters who show up.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
i'd be shocked if they felt the need to open the second level other than for away supporters. would be great to have the entire lower ring packed tight. the atmosphere will be electric... so long we outnumber and outsing/cheer the tigres supporters who show up.
We've no idea who is buying these tickets right? I'd like to think they are NYCFC fans, though!

Reactions: moogoo
they are down to about 200 tickets left in the open sections... about 8K sold. Also about 550 lower bowl seats left to open up if they want. (this is lower bowl only not counting away section in upper bowl) Does anyone know how many sections and which they opened up top for away?

Reactions: moogoo
they are down to about 200 tickets left in the open sections... about 8K sold. Also about 550 lower bowl seats left to open up if they want. (this is lower bowl only not counting away section in upper bowl) Does anyone know how many sections and which they opened up top for away?

we're still a few days away. definitely a good chance that the entire lower bowl will get sold out and maybe even some "home" team sections in the upper bowl. lol. would be so funny if we sold out RBA when NJRB can't even come close to doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.