Home - Montreal 08/01

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 37-year-old Drogba starting in NYC would be like playing 10 men for Montreal. Let's hope they do that. Expect a full lineup.

Reactions: Kjbert
4-5-1 on Saturday.

----------Saunders----------
Iraola-Facey-Hernandez-Angelino
--------------Pirlo------------
Mix----Jacobsen----Calle
--------------Poku-----------
-------------Villa-------------

And I think we see Lampard late for Poku.

Reactions: Gavin23
Good shifts today from Calle and Poku and suddenly it's hard to see where minutes are going to come for Mullins and TMac. And that's before Lampard (assuming Lampard).

Good shifts today from Calle and Poku and suddenly it's hard to see where minutes are going to come for Mullins and TMac. And that's before Lampard (assuming Lampard).

And we're going to need at least 70% possession every game to that Pirlo, Villa, Poku and everyone else gets all the time on the ball they want.

Even at 37 with way too much mileage on his wheels, Drogba is going to be a significant upgrade over Dom Oduro and Jack McInerny. Lets get the 6 point swing before Drogba is ready to put significant minutes in.

We haven't seen Shelton since May 30, that's pretty crazy didn't realize he's been out this long. Hope our super sub is back next week

Reactions: The Toe and Kjbert
all must win from here on out. Brutal schedule to finish the year.

Reactions: Kubah
What? TMac earned his money straight up today. I'd take his game over Calle every time based on today.

Eta: if there's one thing any NYC fan can be damn sure about it's that you never, NEVER EVER EVER assume Lampard.

Edited for drunj spelling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mack and The Toe
Hey, I'm definitely looking at this through my sky blue glasses, but after yesterday we just might be inching towards territory where other teams have to start worrying about us.

Reactions: 413Blue
Too bad this isn't a Sat night game.

Wondering how much of a bump in tix sales after yesterday for this game. You look at every Instagram and Twitter post about NYCFC and you'll see tons of people talking about getting to a game...even people that state they never watched soccer before but want to be apart of this. It's pretty cool.

I was thinking about how bad it must suck to be a Red Bulls fan right now lol.

I was thinking about how bad it must suck to be a Red Bulls fan right now lol.
A good example is my close bud who is a die-hard Metro Stars/Red Bulls fan, but an Italian who has always had one and only clear favorite soccer idol - A guy named Pirlo. He's apoplectic. Like seriously pained by all of this. It's pretty funny. He just texted me a few minutes ago something along the lines of, "You got Pirlo, we got BWP's freakin' brother. FML."

A good example is my close bud who is a die-hard Metro Stars/Red Bulls fan, but an Italian who has always had one and only clear favorite soccer idol - A guy named Pirlo. He's apoplectic. Like seriously pained by all of this. It's pretty funny. He just texted me a few minutes ago something along the lines of, "You got Pirlo, we got BWP's freakin' brother. FML."

Your friend needs to get real and support us not some stupid team in jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.