Home - Orlando 05/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, it's settled then. we're all going to need to buy jerseys with the number 50 and have the name be Team 50.

Gonna need proof of age first though. Don't want any youngsters slipping in.
LOL! that's awesome

Who plays for Mata at LB? Do we go Martinez? Or slide Allen over?

I doubt the front line changes, and I don't think it should. In midfield, the question is Frank or Mix. I think Mix deserves it, but I am going to guess Frank.
Slide RJ over, put Iraola on the right.

The real hope is that RB didn't wake up the rest of the league to the key to beat NYCFC. Because I have been shocked that teams are allowing us to try to build out of the back without pressing us incessantly. Its not like we consistently punish teams if we break the press.

My keys to beating us:
press the defense with 3 guys
Did you get turnover? Yes? Score easily. No, Go back to normal defense.

Did they kick barely to midfield with keeper? Yes, get the 50/50 ball that was kicked to no one.
Did it go out of bounds? Yes? Yay, our ball.

Did they successfully get the ball to a forward? Yes? Is it Villa? Yes? uh oh. No? Allow Shelton to run really fast into nowhere then kick a low cross towards three defenders and ultimately turn it over.

Seattle gave a refund to season ticket holders for an "embarrassing, humiliating" performance, but then we don't have a history of winning at home

And Seattle only lost 4-0 at home in that game.
Chance that CFG does similar? "ZERO!"
Given the FO's tone-deaf timing, I wouldn't be surprised to see "new next year's pricing" come out this week with big increases across the board.

I think we'll see a reaction from the NJ game - hopefully a bit more fire in the belly and (whisper it) maybe a game plan.

I've done the Lampard boos, doesn't need to continue if he is now back in the team and starts to play well. What we'd love more than anything is Lampard on the field, playing well for 90 minutes and helping us win.

For me, Johansen should start, Harrison if fit, Fat Frank if he is willing to try hard and that's about as much as i've got.

Given the FO's tone-deaf timing, I wouldn't be surprised to see "new next year's pricing" come out this week with big increases across the board.

I asked my rep about this on Thursday or Friday and they said it would come out sometime in June.

The real hope is that RB didn't wake up the rest of the league to the key to beat NYCFC. Because I have been shocked that teams are allowing us to try to build out of the back without pressing us incessantly. Its not like we consistently punish teams if we break the press.

My keys to beating us:

Did they kick barely to midfield with keeper? Yes, get the 50/50 ball that was kicked to no one.

Did they successfully get the ball to a forward? Yes? Is it Villa? Yes? uh oh. No? Allow Shelton to run really fast into nowhere then kick a low cross towards three defenders and ultimately turn it over.
I don't remember choose your own adventure books being such a bummer.

My keys to beating us:

I really don't think they cracked the Da Vinci code in deciding to press us as we played out of the back.

The bigger concern is whether they figured out something we are doing wrong on set pieces. Our set piece defending to start the season was pretty bad. Then we had a stretch after Montreal where it seemed to be improving. Then Saturday...

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I really don't think they cracked the Da Vinci code in deciding to press us as we played out of the back.
I admittedly don't completely trust my eye for this, but it seemed to me that before Sunday, Portland did the most to press us deep. It disrupted our play and held us to far lower than our usual possession level, and we overcame it with outstanding CB defense and two beautiful goals. Then it seemed to me that NJRB committed more people to the press than Portland did, and we were overwhelmed. So I am concerned that we have seen a blueprint being created that others can follow. Maybe not as well as RB because they do it so much, but others can follow it still.
The bigger concern is whether they figured out something we are doing wrong on set pieces. Our set piece defending to start the season was pretty bad. Then we had a stretch after Montreal where it seemed to be improving. Then Saturday...
My hope on this is that this is an easier problem to address, and that some part of the failure was concentration and effort.

The Coop is in Section 206, but it is bleeding over to the adjoining sections. Believe me, if you sit in 207, you will be a part of things. Had a great time there for the Vancouver game.
I'm in 205 and we definitely have some Chicken Bucket bleeding over our way.

The MLS preview for the game said that Mikey was the only player suspended after his next yellow. Bravo needed two yellows.
Yeah, I thought that was the case. Bravo just sat for yellow card accumulation, and think this is the 1st since then.

I am SO FRIGGIN HAPPY that Mikey finally has to sit. He's no good.

The bigger concern is whether that they figured out something everything we are doing wrong on set pieces. Our set piece defending to start the season was pretty bad. Then we had a stretch after Montreal where it seemed to be improving we were lucky. Then Saturday...
FIFY

Yeah, I thought that was the case. Bravo just sat for yellow card accumulation, and think this is the 1st since then.

I am SO FRIGGIN HAPPY that Mikey finally has to sit. He's no good.
I think Bravo got a card against Toronto. This would be #2 new card (#7 total). #8 (against Orlando) results in another sitting.....

Allow Shelton to run really fast into nowhere then kick a low cross towards three defenders and ultimately turn it over.

Exactly. Getting so sick of this. Complained at the beginning of the year that he could move down the field but then didn't know what to do with it. Was hopeful because he shows potential. Now just getting frustrated that he's not really getting better.

Reactions: Ulrich
Exactly. Getting so sick of this. Complained at the beginning of the year that he could move down the field but then didn't know what to do with it. Was hopeful because he shows potential. Now just getting frustrated that he's not really getting better.

He's getting better. He's had some good game recently in that regard. It's not going to happen overnight.

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2016/05/22/five-reasons-see-nycfc-take-orlando-city-sc

They should have had some fun at the team's own expense with this. Some comic relief would have been a nice touch.

I would have preferred:

1. Well, it sure can’t be worse than Saturday.

2. As a result of significant returns, we now have extra balls to distribute to the crowd after the game.

3. At least there is no Game of Thrones "Purple" Wedding. Well, um, uh oh.

4. Tough day at the office, issues at home, financial stress? There is no need to take it out on the dog. Instead, boo our very own Super Frank Lampard.

5. Take part in a productive and insightful pre-game roundtable discussion on what it means to be a supporter/fan, moderated by the Forums’ own FootyLovin.

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2016/05/22/five-reasons-see-nycfc-take-orlando-city-sc

They should have had some fun at the team's own expense with this. Some comic relief would have been a nice touch.

I would have preferred:

1. Well, it sure can’t be worse than Saturday.

2. As a result of significant returns, we now have extra balls to distribute to the crowd after the game.

3. At least there is no Game of Thrones "Purple" Wedding. Well, um, uh oh.

4. Tough day at the office, issues at home, financial stress? There is no need to take it out on the dog. Instead, boo our very own Super Frank Lampard.

5. Take part in a productive and insightful pre-game roundtable discussion on what it means to be a supporter/fan, moderated by the Forums’ own FootyLovin.

Thank you for this JayH JayH top class trolling of our own club/forums; much needed and appreciated. Things have been a bit dire around here.

I want to know why it's near impossible for him to pass in the air? If there are three guys between him and his teammate, the ground isn't the way to go, but over may work which was how the play began last week that TMac finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.