Home - Orlando 05/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orlando City finishes with costly 2-2 draw against Philadelphia

Midfielder Cristian Higuita received his fifth yellow card of the season and defender David Mateos was handed a red card in the final minutes, triggering suspensions for both in the Lions’ next match at NYCFC Sunday. Orlando City already had a depleted roster with midfielder Darwin Cerén (ankle) and defenders Seb Hines (knee) and Rafael Ramos (hamstring) out with injuries.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...do-city-draw-philadelphia-20160525-story.html

Midfielder Cristian Higuita received his fifth yellow card of the season and defender David Mateos was handed a red card in the final minutes, triggering suspensions for both in the Lions’ next match at NYCFC Sunday. Orlando City already had a depleted roster with midfielder Darwin Cerén (ankle) and defenders Seb Hines (knee) and Rafael Ramos (hamstring) out with injuries.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...do-city-draw-philadelphia-20160525-story.html
seinfeld-thats-a-shame-coffee.gif

Here's my preview of Sunday's match. OCSC is decimated by injuries and suspensions, plus had the mid-week game. We could not ask for a better set-up for getting a win. Well, other than the fact that we just got blown out.

Two tickets in Section 206 secured. And if anyone gives a fat rats ass, this morning my Ticketmaster account finally got around to changing from that new look monstrosity back to the original format.

Two tickets in Section 206 secured. And if anyone gives a fat rats ass, this morning my Ticketmaster account finally got around to changing from that new look monstrosity back to the original format.

Lucky dog! Mine just made the opposite switch!

Reactions: Gene

Higuita was an excellent DM in Orlando's 1-0 win earlier this year. If Orlando does their parking the bus routine again, him being out is a big negative.

Reactions: Viewfrom226
Higuita was an excellent DM in Orlando's 1-0 win earlier this year. If Orlando does their parking the bus routine again, him being out is a big negative.
Yup, him plus Ceren plus at least half of their usual starting back line (more info on that bel0w). Maybe we can hang seven spot on them? :)

Seriously, I don't think we've ever won a match by more than two goals. In a league where you get results like Houston beating FC Dallas 5-0, it is pretty astounding/sad that we've never blown anyone out.

Reactions: FootyLovin

We still have to worry about them getting one lucky shot in the first minute, probably directly off the kickoff, and Saunders failing to save it, and then Orlando parking the bus for 89 minutes with 11 guys in the box.... this results in NYCFC not being able to break down their team even though we take 36 shots that are all off target and into the supporters section.

Reactions: Jock
Seriously, I don't think we've ever won a match by more than two goals. In a league where you get results like Houston beating FC Dallas 5-0, it is pretty astounding/sad that we've never blown anyone out.
Correct. Last year 6 of our 10 wins were by 2 goals; the remainder by 1 goal.
This year3 of 4 wins by one goal, one game by two.

Have to think OC fans are none too thrilled either.
Maybe Orlando fans are the ones commenting.

I wonder if this means he 100% is not playing on Sunday. I suppose it is possible he doesn't report until Monday as Brazil doesn't play until the following Saturday. Still, I think it is highly likely that this is a second trip where Kaka doesn't make an appearance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Christopher Jee
I wonder if this means he 100% is not playing on Sunday. I suppose it is possible he doesn't report until Monday as Brazil doesn't play until the following Saturday. Still, I think it is highly likely that this is a second trip where Kaka doesn't make an appearance.

MLS reports "Kaká is expected to join his countrymen immediately at their camp at the StubHub Center in Los Angeles, which means he would miss Orlando City's match at NYCFC on Sunday (4:30 pm ET, ESPN)."

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/05/26/kak-called-brazil-national-team-copa-america-centenario

Just hear that Kaka won't be available for the match. I, for one, think that's gonna help us a lot. I'd enjoy hearing the thoughts of the collective!

Status
Not open for further replies.