Home - Orlando 05/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I don't see all 11 starters seriously fired up and giving it 100% with their first touches and tackles*, I will be seriously pissed. They owe it to us.

Us, on the other hand, owe it to them to get 100% behind the team and shout and chant louder and harder than before. We both need to put the debacle behind us.

Onward and upward!
NYCFC!!

*(thankfully, Mikey's not starting otherwise we could/would see a red in the first minute)

Last edited:
Exactly. Getting so sick of this. Complained at the beginning of the year that he could move down the field but then didn't know what to do with it. Was hopeful because he shows potential. Now just getting frustrated that he's not really getting better.
While I agree that Shelton's bad behaviors are very frustrating, I think it is important to balance this with the fact that he is tied for most assists (4) (in 2 fewer games than TMac who also has 4). He's 3rd in goals scored, granted with just 2.

He has potential. He's shown improvement. I'm not saying it is enough or that others don't deserve a crack at his spot in the XI, but he deserves recognition for leading the team in a key category.

We can't spect Shelton to wake up and be the player we all know his talents would allow. All we can ask is steady progress, and that will involve some setbacks where he struggles (RBNJ) and some breakthroughs where he performs brilliantly (DCU). The important thing is that he get on the pitch, because that is what is going to Allow him to improve. I think he can be our Zardes - and hopefully even better.

He is only 22.

You could also say he is already 22, having wasted four development years in NCAA, and the most apt comparison to Zardes is his brutal first touch. Matarrita is 21 and is light years ahead of Shelton.
True true! I have no idea why American players have such bad first touches - it makes no sense that they cannot weigh the stopping force needed when receiving a pass especially since they pass the ball every day of their lives.... it's baffling.

You could also say he is already 22, having wasted four development years in NCAA, and the most apt comparison to Zardes is his brutal first touch. Matarrita is 21 and is light years ahead of Shelton.
Isn't this more or less exactly the argument Pirlo put forward in that interview the other day, except maybe covering more years than just college ball. For which he got hammered here, I might add.

OK, it's settled then. we're all going to need to buy jerseys with the number 50 and have the name be Team 50.

Gonna need proof of age first though. Don't want any youngsters slipping in.
I've been there since January. It's not so bad!!!

Reactions: Goodfella
Here are some stats:

Minutes when NYCFC allows goals:
1-15: 4
16-30: 2
31-45: 6

46-60: 5
61-75: 2
76-90: 5

A look at the minutes in the game when NYCFC scores goals:
1-15: 4
16-30: 4
31-45: 3

46-60: 3
61-75: 3
76-90: 1

We come out hot but then turn to shit. We also can't seem to get our act together in the first or the last 15 minutes of every half. Coach needs to improve this.

Reactions: FootyLovin and Jock
Here's another stat showing who's clearly not liked by Vieira.

Minutes played since April 27:
Mena: 0
Taylor: 0
Rawls: 0*
Gomez: 0
Johansen: 0*
Martinez: 66
Poku: 74
Mullins: 90

*Goalkeepers

Reactions: FootyLovin
Our game on Sunday will be officiated by Referee Jorge Gonzalez, Assistants Jeff Muschik and Claudiu Badea, and Fourth Official Rubiel Vazquez.

I was able to find 5 games that Gonzalez has refereed this season. He awarded a total of 24 Yellow Cards in those games, including a double yellow to Brad Evans for dissent in Seattle's loss to Colorado.

The referee from last Saturday's game, Chris Penso, will be the fourth official in the SKC-DCU game on Friday.

Reactions: Madz
Auburn vs. Arizona in the NCAA College Softball tournament is the lead in for this match on ESPN. Will that game run long too and move the match to ESPN2 or EPSNNews until it ends or delay our kickoff, again?!?!?!

Auburn vs. Arizona in the NCAA College Softball tournament is the lead in for this match on ESPN. Will that game run long too and move the match to ESPN2 or EPSNNews until it ends or delay our kickoff, again?!?!?!
ESPC has more flexibility to move things than Fox Sports so it could move rather than delay the game. Fox can pretty much only delay the start or just pick up in the middle. I would prefer no delay since it's a home game and I'll be there and selfishly don't care about it being on a different channel for part of the beginning. . But I don't think we can count on that.

Our game on Sunday will be officiated by Referee Jorge Gonzalez, Assistants Jeff Muschik and Claudiu Badea, and Fourth Official Rubiel Vazquez.

I was able to find 5 games that Gonzalez has refereed this season. He awarded a total of 24 Yellow Cards in those games, including a double yellow to Brad Evans for dissent in Seattle's loss to Colorado.

The referee from last Saturday's game, Chris Penso, will be the fourth official in the SKC-DCU game on Friday.
In MLS, is the 4th official the equivalent of telling the fckups to stand on the sideline to be harassed by the coaches and watch how the game is supposed to be officiated ?

If it is, then the guy at the RedBull Wedding was taught a ton of bad habits by this dipshit Penso.

Status
Not open for further replies.