Home - RBNY 05/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents, Here is an update to my Tix inquiry. First, many thanks to all of you for the great info and quick response. Footy was gracious enough to offer me his tickets in section 136 which I accepted. I am super excited to go to my second NYCFC game, the first was in Orlando last year week 1. I have never been to the new YS so I am excited for that as well.

Once again I greatly appreciate all of the suggestions and prompt reply to Rox, Gotham, Lasker, and Gene. I am proud to be part of this community. Cheers.

Ha! Not according to this guy and his cronies. Let him tell it, TR is the bad guy in this situation and we're dead wrong for rejecting his generous offer so negatively.
nah, you guys got it right. If you're selling to general public, sky's the limit. But when you putting it to your own people only 2 acceptable prices: Face value or a beer!

Gents, Here is an update to my Tix inquiry. First, many thanks to all of you for the great info and quick response. Footy was gracious enough to offer me his tickets in section 136 which I accepted. I am super excited to go to my second NYCFC game, the first was in Orlando last year week 1. I have never been to the new YS so I am excited for that as well.

Once again I greatly appreciate all of the suggestions and prompt reply to Rox, Gotham, Lasker, and Gene. I am proud to be part of this community. Cheers.

You'll be just in front of me. I don't know what you look like so please make sure that I see you.

Really sweating this forecast, been checking it every few hours like a maniac. Rain or shine I'll be there, but man a glorious sunny Saturday would be the perfect setting for a W.

At least it won't be cold -- 65 isn't terrible. It's only water -- hopefully doesn't thin the crowd out too much.

There is a chance of rain on saturday?

A pretty good chance of rain, depending on which weather service you depend on. Weather.com is 70%, though local CBS says most of the rain will be focused south of the City. So, still a bit up in the air.

Reactions: Goodfella
A pretty good chance of rain, depending on which weather service you depend on. Weather.com is 70%, though local CBS says most of the rain will be focused south of the City. So, still a bit up in the air.
Thanks. Here is hoping we have a rain free window during the game.

Mike Grella after the Red Bull win versus Chicago: "It's another test for us away from home, even though it's just here." Here?!?! There's a river and state line between here and there. Enjoy the bridge/tunnel traffic again on Saturday.

So if the theory is that Vieira played a B team tonight against Toronto with the expectation that beating NJ is more important (which, okay), doesn't that maybe mean that the derby is *not* the game in which to reintroduce Lampard to the squad?

From a marketing standpoint the derby is the perfect match for Frank to show his face, but it may be totally wrong from a footballing standpoint.

Barring an unknown injury, I think we can say with near 100% certainty, that the starting lineup is:
Saunders
Allen-Brillant-Hernandez-Matarrita
Lopez-Bravo-Pirlo
Shelton-Villa-McNamara

Anyone disagree? Bench is harder to predict for me...

A 93' minute sub after we're winning by a HUGE margin. A huge margin. We'll have the biggest margin. We have many friends who know who big our margin will be.
Fully believe this to be a marketing statement. Chance of Lampard sells tickets. (I know. I know. Not to the likes of us, but to the public.) I trust PV to play the players who give us the best chance of a win.

Barring an unknown injury, I think we can say with near 100% certainty, that the starting lineup is:
Saunders
Allen-Brillant-Hernandez-Matarrita
Lopez-Bravo-Pirlo
Shelton-Villa-McNamara

Anyone disagree? Bench is harder to predict for me...
And really, this is how it should be. Someone brought up a good point that had been touched upon all throughout last year: Kreis' lineup was always unpredictable. We had different pairings in the back every game, it felt like, and that just isn't conducive to creating chemistry and consistency. And even when we did play well with one lineup, it was swapped out the next game, which is why we were so spastic with results last year.

I think the lineup gives us the best chance to use the pitch to our advantage. Having wing backs that can fly up leaves less space for the CBs/CDMs to cover, allows Mikey to break up counters and have opponent defenders make quick decisions, hopefully leading to a turnover, also allowing everyone to get back on defense; it also is an easily morphing lineup, where you can drop Bravo deeper, sub Mikey off for offense or defense, and have Pirlo protected at all times, able to ping balls to the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.