Home - RBNY 05/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
RB beat CHI last night after a goal from Grella. BWP is still in a slump. They played the possession game against CHI - will be interesting to see two teams who want the ball this SAT. Recently, when we play teams who also want possession, we tend to concede it (Portland), but since our side seems pretty comfortable on the counter, it might not be a bad thing. I thought a counter attacking team would be more fun to watch, but once we take control and do get some possession, my heart rate settles a bit more, and we look good.

Where do we put Bravo? If we have him smother Grella, SK will take over. If we have him cover BWP, Grella and Sam will have a field day. I think we let Hernandez deal with BWP, have Bravo cancel out SK, and hopefully our fullbacks/Lopez can contain Sam and Grella.

The genius PV has gifted us a mostly rested A team against a shitty RB team who just barely squeaked by with a win against the worst team in the league. COME ON CITY

I have zero confidence in Lampard having any sort of fitness right now to play in a game.

In Vieira's post-match presser, he said there's a good chance that Frank will have a role to play on Sat. Either that's his standard packaged response, or he's suddenly gone off the deep end. Not only is Frank not fit, but as far as we know he's had barely any time training with the team. The cohesion would disintegrate the minute he steps on. At this point I think I can say I'd rather start Mikey over Frank, if only just for the overall cohesion of a group that has been clicking.

On a side note, PV was also asked about Poku and Mullins' performances in TO (in the same question). He praised Mullins, who I thought was crap, and completely ignored the half of the question about Poku.

No bueno, Patrick.

In Vieira's post-match presser, he said there's a good chance that Frank will have a role to play on Sat. Either that's his standard packaged response, or he's suddenly gone off the deep end. Not only is Frank not fit, but as far as we know he's had barely any time training with the team. The cohesion would disintegrate the minute he steps on. At this point I think I can say I'd rather start Mikey over Frank, if only just for the overall cohesion of a group that has been clicking.

On a side note, PV was also asked about Poku and Mullins' performances in TO (in the same question). He praised Mullins, who I thought was crap, and completely ignored the half of the question about Poku.

No bueno, Patrick.

I think we see Lampard in the 18 given those comments, but he only comes on if we need a goal. PV isn't going to play him just to play him. He's already sat Pirlo twice and Villa for most of a game.

Forecast looks like it's improving a bit -- local TV saying the bulk of the rain will be in central Jersey, we might just be dealing with showers. Weather.com now has a 50% chance of rain during the day on Saturday. Much better than it was yesterday.

Reactions: Goodfella
Forecast looks like it's improving a bit -- local TV saying the bulk of the rain will be in central Jersey, we might just be dealing with showers. Weather.com now has a 50% chance of rain during the day on Saturday. Much better than it was yesterday.

That has to be some sort of a positive omen.

Maybe it was mentioned...but they're pissy that we cut their supporter section down to 600 tickets for this game lol.

Maybe it was mentioned...but they're pissy that we cut their supporter section down to 600 tickets for this game lol.
Maybe they shouldn't have been dumping beer over the mezzanine last year. Hell, they should be happy with 600 - that seems like a giant allotment of discounted tickets for a SG.

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
Taking my dad to his first game. Figured this would be the best match for his first MLS experience. Hopefully we finally get a win over these guys and Lampard's corpse stays away from the field.

Reactions: Goodfella
In Vieira's post-match presser, he said there's a good chance that Frank will have a role to play on Sat. Either that's his standard packaged response, or he's suddenly gone off the deep end.
I get the Frank hate, but I think recent run of play combined with PV's decisions generally turning out to make logical sense suggest that he deserves the benefit of the doubt. If PV is indeed expecting Lampard to play I suspect that he
  1. Is fit to play.
  2. Has the support of the team. (Remember, the players likely feel differently about him than we do.)
  3. Is believed by PV to give us the best chance of winning.
I'm willing to give PV plenty of slack, especially as we are in the midst of our longest ever undefeated streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.