Home - RBNY 05/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get those ponchos ready, Weather.com has rain at 75% between 2pm and 7pm tomorrow.

On the lineup, I hope PV doesn't stray from what's been working. We're lucky their back line is a bit broken at the moment -- they really ate out lunch last year. Collin we've had a good look at with OCSC and have torched him plenty of times, and with Villa in peak form, we might be able to out-class them.

It sounded as if NJ had a tough time with Chicago, who is on a historically bad road run, winless in their last 30, but NJ did play a bunch of their starters, too, so there's a lot that could possibly go awry for them fitness-wise. I think that if we continue to do well with possession (at home, at least), we could really break them down. I feel so much more confident in our squad than that hodgepodge lineup Kreis threw out every game. Wasn't the last home game vs. NJ the one where Wingert came on as a sub, then had to leave because he got injured? Classic Wingert.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
I love this. I hope it went well... If there were no or few takers it would look like a petty move but if it went well it's a pretty hilarious slap at NJ.

I don't think the goal was to actually get people to swap shirts: that would be crazy. I think it was more of a trash talking stunt than anything. At least that's the consensus over at /r/MLS.

I just had a dream last night that during the match we're going to get fouled in a great position on the field. Pirlo will step up. The boos from the upper deck of Red Bull fans will be echoing across the stadium. The NYCFC supporters are chanting away. Pirlo takes his free kick and scores a beautiful strike. The Reds are silences, the Blues are cheering.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOAL NEW YORK CITY! THAT NEW YORK CITY GOAL SCORED BY NUMBER 21 ANDREA!

PIRLO!

PIRLO!

Just a reminder that Lampard said this:

You say it's a serious place but I did see you have a chuckle when the New York Red Bulls' fans held up the banner of you and Andrea Pirlo with walking sticks...

"That was nice. I looked at Pirlo before the game and we pointed at the big banner there. I was gutted because I went clear through early in the game but hit my shot wide. I was desperate to score and do the old man with the walking stick celebration."
So as much disdain as I have for the man, it's less than my disdain for Red Bulls and their supporters. I'd love to see this.

I'm feeling good about the weather. Right now there is only a 75% chance of rain at 3pm tomorrow. And the weather forecast is only correct about 25% of the time. A 25% chance of a 75% chance ain't so bad, right?

I'm feeling good about the weather. Right now there is only a 75% chance of rain at 3pm tomorrow. And the weather forecast is only correct about 25% of the time. A 25% chance of a 75% chance ain't so bad, right?

I guess as long as it doesn't downpour, we can deal with it. It does suck though.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Bringing my Red Bulls supporting mate to the game - should have a hell of a time in the supporters section!

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Status
Not open for further replies.