Is Hudson River Blue For Nycfc Fans Or Not?

I mean, everyone has the right to say what they want and I would suggest (which you are already doing Gentile Gentile) is to avoid and move on. The second part is usually the hardest. I can only speak for "my" blog which has content created by fans and season ticket holders. There are way more entertaining articles/websites out there that's "indie work" which I'm hoping will soon become the norm. NYC is too large and diverse to always have the same people own a market. I'm sure you'll find your favorites soon.

Ok I can sum up all of the local blogs in this way.

Empire of Soccer - NASL Fanboys, its a NASL/Cosmos site first, then Redbulls
BigAppleSoccer - Cosmos/Redbulls
MetroFanatic - You don't need me to tell you which way they swing
HudsonRiverBlues - I thought it was a NYCFC blog/site but the OP is right. Top much negativity simply for the sake of getting hits and getting the site more recognized, just to be contrary.

Me personally, I get my NYCFC fan/blog fix from NYCFCFORUMS.com and MLS Reddit r/NYCFC.

On this site, we have very knowledgeable fans that can talk about things in a great manner, mostly respectful and we all care for the well being of the club and want to see NYCFC win every game, which is the main reason I love coming to this site.

Ok I can sum up all of the local blogs in this way.

Empire of Soccer - NASL Fanboys, its a NASL/Cosmos site first, then Redbulls
BigAppleSoccer - Cosmos/Redbulls
MetroFanatic - You don't need me to tell you which way they swing
HudsonRiverBlues - I thought it was a NYCFC blog/site but the OP is right. Top much negativity simply for the sake of getting hits and getting the site more recognized, just to be contrary.

Me personally, I get my NYCFC fan/blog fix from NYCFCFORUMS.com and MLS Reddit r/NYCFC.

On this site, we have very knowledgeable fans that can talk about things in a great manner, mostly respectful and we all care for the well being of the club and want to see NYCFC win every game, which is the main reason I love coming to this site.
Pretty much agree but I'll stick up for Empire of Soccer. Dave Martinez is as impartial as it gets with American soccer media even though they host a red bull podcast.

Pretty much agree but I'll stick up for Empire of Soccer. Dave Martinez is as impartial as it gets with American soccer media even though they host a red bull podcast.
I guess we have to agree to disagree. I don't know Dave personally but his site is full NASL and Cosmos more so then any other site.

First an article against signing Pirlo, then an article in favor... by the same person.

I'm fine with a publication having a negative viewpoint if it's valid. I'm just not sure about this place. I follow the Napoli SBNation site and it's awesome.

I guess we have to agree to disagree. I don't know Dave personally but his site is full NASL and Cosmos more so then any other site.

Just because it has alot of NASL and Cosmos stuff doesn't mean it can't also report on NYCFC stuff. Dave does a pretty good job at reporting things that are happening without clickbait - that gets a thumbs up from me.

I don;t remember specifics, but when I first started following the team I would check out EoS and there were a ton of articles about NYCFC clearly written for RB and Cosmos fans. Wrote them off then and not going back even if they've chanegd tunes one NYC got more popular than RB and LI combined.

I don;t remember specifics, but when I first started following the team I would check out EoS and there were a ton of articles about NYCFC clearly written for RB and Cosmos fans. Wrote them off then and not going back even if they've chanegd tunes one NYC got more popular than RB and LI combined.
Tom you said it perfectly my friend. Exactly right. Anything NYCFC related it is always geared to appeasing Cosmos and Redbull fans from EOS. That's fine, doesn't bother me none. That site is not a site I visit on a regular basis anyway.

Reactions: BxLio91
Just because it has alot of NASL and Cosmos stuff doesn't mean it can't also report on NYCFC stuff. Dave does a pretty good job at reporting things that are happening without clickbait - that gets a thumbs up from me.

Like I said, let's agree to disagree. I think Dave M and his site do a great job of catering to their crowd which is mostly Cosmos and Redbulls fans. By that I mean they don't write about NYCFC with a fair mindset but to me that's fine, they play to their crowd. I just don't visit the site much at all to really care.

Reactions: BxLio91
I read everything and take it for what it's worth. I have a some what neutral opinion on many of CFG's moves but I don't let it ruin my passion.

I wish some times some groups were less homers and other times I wish some groups were less critical of everything.

I'm just glad there is content like this forum to keep me involved.

I read everything and take it for what it's worth. I have a some what neutral opinion on many of CFG's moves but I don't let it ruin my passion.

I wish some times some groups were less homers and other times I wish some groups were less critical of everything.

I'm just glad there is content like this forum to keep me involved.

Couldn't agree with this more

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
There was also the total freakout/meltdown on the HRB twitter feed about the George John situation - trying to turn it into the second coming of the Lampard fiasco. It was completely ridiculous. Not sure if it's just the site trying to stir up controversy to get page views or what, but they lost my follow with that.

They are certainly entitled to their opinion on things. I try to run my blog with a bit more balance, or at least acknowledge the varying viewpoints.

I do find it frustrating the constant fear-mongering, it wears you down as a fan. Not every move by CFG is part of some vast conspiracy to undermine nycfc. They are owners, they do good stuff, they do bad stuff, I struggle with issues when there is no middle ground acknowledged. Usually on any issue the truth is in the middle. I wish they would go there sometimes. I hope I do it myself, though I'm sure I'm not always successful.