Is Hudson River Blue For Nycfc Fans Or Not?

They are certainly entitled to their opinion on things. I try to run my blog with a bit more balance, or at least acknowledge the varying viewpoints.

I do find it frustrating the constant fear-mongering, it wears you down as a fan. Not every move by CFG is part of some vast conspiracy to undermine nycfc. They are owners, they do good stuff, they do bad stuff, I struggle with issues when there is no middle ground acknowledged. Usually on any issue the truth is in the middle. I wish they would go there sometimes. I hope I do it myself, though I'm sure I'm not always successful.
I know I hyped them up a lot in the beginning because the are an SB Nation Blog, but I have been let down a lot by them.

There was also the total freakout/meltdown on the HRB twitter feed about the George John situation - trying to turn it into the second coming of the Lampard fiasco. It was completely ridiculous. Not sure if it's just the site trying to stir up controversy to get page views or what, but they lost my follow with that.
The problem with the George John take is that it's much ado about nothing, and yet HRB and EoS make it out to be the soccer equivalent of Deep Throat. Big deal that it's now been discovered that John was never on contract - nothing has changed. So what if his situation was muddled in the media - he was never counted on the Cap, he never took up a roster spot, NYCFC isn't on the hook for anything - not then and not now. NYCFC still has his "rights" and if he recovers they can offer him a contract, but other than that, the only thing they gave up was a pick to select him, and that's not worth much based on their picking strategy last year. But hey - those two blogs found a great and secret piece of information to disseminate that has saved the collective NYCFC fandom by coming to light..... next thing we know, they'll both post a grainy picture of a CFG white paper that explicitly says that NYCFC is a farm team for MCFC.....

The problem with the George John take is that it's much ado about nothing, and yet HRB and EoS make it out to be the soccer equivalent of Deep Throat. Big deal that it's now been discovered that John was never on contract - nothing has changed. So what if his situation was muddled in the media - he was never counted on the Cap, he never took up a roster spot, NYCFC isn't on the hook for anything - not then and not now. NYCFC still has his "rights" and if he recovers they can offer him a contract, but other than that, the only thing they gave up was a pick to select him, and that's not worth much based on their picking strategy last year. But hey - those two blogs found a great and secret piece of information to disseminate that has saved the collective NYCFC fandom by coming to light..... next thing we know, they'll both post a grainy picture of a CFG white paper that explicitly says that NYCFC is a farm team for MCFC.....
Well put...it's not worth the energy to actually write a post on my end, for this very reason.

I don't even think it was that much of a secret. He was never on the player's union wage list. I posted last August that I didn't think we had signed him to a contract.

It's not a secret just because you are too stupid to figure it out from the ample evidence at hand.

I knew I shouldn't have clicked on ignored posts. Since we're so awful and red bull is so much better, why don't you just go be a red bull fan. Or even better a f.cosmos fan. Then you can root for a team that the MLS/us soccer circlejerker crowd likes.
Don't bother responding, you're back to being ignored.

Reactions: dannd23 and Gavin23
Thank you, Gavin. Another fantastic post from you.

Gavin is also a strong Donald Trump supporter it should be noted.

I applaud HRB's brutal honesty about our situation. It's a shame some here would rather bury their heads in the sand and bitch about the articles for being truthful than just coming to terms with said truth.

The truth is Red Bull are part of a big family of international clubs and they aren't seeing developmental players coming in and out of the line-up as their corporate overlords please. They aren't seeing their coach fired to be replaced by a developmental coach with no experience coaching senior professionals. They aren't seeing their big DPs ripped away for 75% of the season. They're treated like their own professional club, a promise we heard but yet to see delivered.

Kick and cry and scream that HRB are trolls because they don't bow and heap praise on the infallible CFG but I thank them for their service.

Can someone ban you please? Your easily the most ignored and hated person of this forum...for good reason.

Also I would never vote for Donald Trump you schmuck. Great non sequitur though..

Reactions: dannd23
I don't even think it was that much of a secret. He was never on the player's union wage list. I posted last August that I didn't think we had signed him to a contract.

It's not a secret just because you are too stupid to figure it out from the ample evidence at hand.
That moment when you feel comfortable describing those that didn't use "evidence" to deduce who's actually on the team roster as the "stupid" ones...

Can someone ban you please? Your easily the most ignored and hated person of this forum...for good reason.

Also I would never vote for Donald Trump you schmuck. Great non sequitur though..
Shhh...

I'm figuring out who's actually on our team for next year.

a81FuEU.jpg

Just your average sports fan, not being stupid....

My point being ANYONE can claim to be a soccer "journalist"
Every blogger claims to be a journalist, but they don't know the difference. EoS hides behind their "just reporting the facts" statement when they throw so much editorial & slant into their pieces its nauseating. Now there's nothing wrong with being a blogger, unless you're HRB, just own it and don't try to pass yourself off as being part of a higher threshold of news writing.

oh wow NYCFC a farm team? Must we go through this again? Does anyone know what a farm team is, serious question. The Tampa Yankees are a farm team to the New York Yankees. Meaning they develop players to hopefully join the big league club some day, so the big club can benefit from. I hate to break it to these great "journalists"....ERRRRRR...wanna-be journalists aka bloggers. The whole MLS is a farm league for European clubs. Its just the world we live in today. MLS is taking that next step in their history which is to become a league that develops talent, puts on some good soccer on the pitch, and the best young talent get scooped up by bigger clubs in Europe.

Someone mentioned the Redbulls as a prime example of how a club should be. Really? I think that was you NYCFAN10, your a dipshit for given that as an example when you want to make a point that NYCFC is a farm team. If any team, organization, is a farm team, it is the NY REDBULLS. They share the same colors, same NAME, same logo, as 4 other teams in the world. Their kit's are a fucking REDBULL CAN for crying out loud. They are perennial losers that have won NOTHING in 20 years existing in this league. They used to have the most turnover, and in fact have had the most coaches over the last 10 years more so then any other club. Before this year they have had the most turnover in players, and fired their most successful coach in history after a trip to the ECF. They have developed the most young players that have been sold to European teams out of any other team in MLS such as Tim Howard, Jozy Altidore, Michael Bradley, Juan Agudelo, and most recently Matt Miazga. Miazga has not been sold yet but he is on his way, and two years ago he was being considered for a position with RB Leipzig. Thats right Leipzig was going to take him FULL TIME, and at that time all redbull fans were bitching and moaning about how they feel shitted on by the organization, and rightfully so. Not to mention another one of their academy players just got scooped up by Man United, or about to be.

Now who really is a farm team? The whole MLS, sans NYCFC, who develop young players and sell them overseas, or NYCFC who get sent some of the best young players in the EPL development league to play here. Or NYCFC who get sent one of the better up and coming coaches in Europe. Who is benefiting the most here????????? Oh my god, it was absolutely awful to have Angelino last year. Bloody awful mate!!!! GTFO.

You fucking idiots should be thankful that a company like CFG owns our team. What the fuck did you expect, a stadium, MLS CUP, in our first year? The worst part about it, you have morons who call themselves "journalists" who actually believe this crap. I got news for all of you, NYCFC is the team that best represents NYC and the 5 boroughs. No one else was knocking down Garber's door to put another MLS team within the 5 boroughs, and CFG came through. Have some respect, be patient, and watch them develop this team into the envy of this up and coming league. Idiots!

I knew I shouldn't have clicked on ignored posts.
This could have been written by any number of people. I used to do this. I've now gotten pretty good at not doing so.

Life is better this way.

So I'm going to make a request to all the people on this board whose ideas and writing I enjoy and respect. Please don't respond to trolling. It feeds the troll. It clutters our forum. And it makes people like me end up reading the troll I've ignored by way of your response to his/her ridiculousness that I was trying to ignore.

Ladies and Gents, long time no post.

I wrote a rebuttal piece to Raf's "New York City FC is a farm club" piece, it's almost done in forum form in my piece as I address several of his most important premises/conclusions (including the post-publish tweets he made to address criticisms as well) one by one. It makes it a long piece, but it also organizes it based on common, various accusations reasons for the "farm club" accusations.

New York City FC is NOT a Farm Club:
http://soccernewsday.com/usa/a/2181/new-york-city-fc-is-not-a-farm-team-

I'd like to see what you think. Even if don't want to read the whole thing, I'd ask you to at least skip down to my rebuttal of this part, which is a major crux of his argument, and my rebuttal, a major crux of mine:

“What's CFG's incentive to treat New York City FC differently from Manchester City in the future, given the centrality of Manchester City FC to CFG?”

I think there is plenty of incentive (and that CFG have vision for it, as I explain why directly above that part) to treat NYCFC like a very important club, and in many ways already have and certainly will improve in this direction. I think it's obvious why, but I explain why in details, because it's clearly not obvious to everyone out there.

Please let me what you think. Am I crazy? Am I an apologist? Or does this stuff make sense to you? For me this is all clear as day, but maybe I'm just in denial/delusional? You be the judge, but I ask you to leave your emotion/preconceived notions at the door and give it a fair read if you have the time. And please share it if you agree! Appreciate it!

Last edited:
Ladies and Gents, long time no post.

I wrote a rebuttal piece to Raf's "New York City FC is a farm club" piece, it's almost done in forum form in my piece as I address several of his most important premises/conclusions (including the post-publish tweets he made to address criticisms as well) one by one. It makes it a long piece, but it also organizes it based on common, various accusations reasons for the "farm club" accusations.

New York City FC is NOT a Farm Club:
http://soccernewsday.com/usa/a/2181/new-york-city-fc-is-not-a-farm-team-

I'd like to see what you think. Even if don't want to read the whole thing, I'd ask you to at least skip down to my rebuttal of this part, which is a major crux of his argument, and my rebuttal, a major crux of mine:

“What's CFG's incentive to treat New York City FC differently from Manchester City in the future, given the centrality of Manchester City FC to CFG?”

I think there is plenty of incentive (and that CFG have vision for it, as I explain why directly above that part) to treat NYCFC like a very important club, and in many ways already have and certainly will improve in this direction. I think it's obvious why, but I explain why in details, because it's clearly not obvious to everyone out there.

Please let me what you think. Am I crazy? Am I an apologist? Or does this stuff make sense to you? For me this is all clear as day, but maybe I'm just in denial/delusional? You be the judge, but I ask you to leave your emotion/preconceived notions at the door and give it a fair read if you have the time. And please share it if you agree! Appreciate it!

Nick, very well said my friend. See the problem with a lot of fans both NYCFC and non-NYCFC fans is that they don't understand how business works. These people, as I said earlier posts, are folks that reply with a "YEA" instead of a "YES".....as I said "YEA" will get you minimum wage at Micky D's. "YES" will get you a nice career or have your own business. In other words, most fans are so irrational they can't see more then 2 feet in front of them.

To me, other then having a local NYC billionaire buy New York City FC and one who is a big fan that does everything perfectly, CFG owning our team is the next best thing. They have a proven track record of turning teams around and are one of the most respected soccer entities in the WORLD. Would you rather be owned by CFG or Redbull? It's not even a contest. Would you rather be owned by CFG or any other owner in MLS? Ask how the Revelution fans feel about Mr. Kraft. Ask how the Fire fans, Union fans, Rapid fans feel about their situation. As the Dynamo fans about being owned by the same owners that own the LA Galaxy, up until recently now that they have sold the Dynamo. The only current teams that can truly be happy with their owner ship group at this current stage are the following:

Portland, Seattle, Crew, Maybe the Quakes, maybe TFC, maybe MTL.....and guess what, in due time CFG will surpass all of them because of the resources available to us. The level of stupidity by some folks is amazing to see.

Reactions: Nick Chavez