Is Zac MacMath the Solution for NYCFC at Goalkeeper?

by these analytics we should be contacting RSL for a saunders - rimando swap +/- come cash (and maybe not even due to age diff).

Sooooooo i don't think this guy found the magic forumula yet.

edit: wow, Saunders is older then i thought; I really meant to make a point that rimando is a retirement candidate so isn't worth money, but josh isn't too far behind.

Stat needs to be adjusted for shot quality but its an interesting comparison.

Honestly MacMath would be an amazing upgrade but we should focus on getting something more in reach like a lawn chair or something and I still think we win the cup.
I prefer Rosita - she's motivated and excited to play and who wouldn't want a friendly monster minding the net? Plus Villa told her she can play and paying her in cookies has a really low Cap hit.

I thought Rosita, the Sesame Street muppet, was starting in goal Saturday?

Reactions: adam
I think we'll get a solid keeper in the off season.

Reactions: JayH
Josh has 6 clean sheets. Tied for 3rd in the league. Y'all are telling me that our defense is that good?

Nah...

my big takeaway is when you adjust for number of shots taken, macmath goes from elite keeper to middle of the pack.
Yeah, I haven't been too impressed with MacMath and don't really think he would be much of an upgrade over Saunders. Definitely not enough to give up much for him.

I'm not quite certain how good MacMath is with distribution, so that could be a factor I'm not factoring in considering PV's persistence to play out of the back.

Josh has 6 clean sheets. Tied for 3rd in the league. Y'all are telling me that our defense is that good?

Nah...
As PV says, the whole team is responsible for defense. The best teams defend from the front. e.g. Chile. Fucking glorious to watch. Also you don't have to defend when you have the ball. Also our defense is a helluva lot better than last year.

I still think Saunders is sub-par. He makes spectacular saves when he can recover from situations that happen because his fundamentals are so bad. And when he can't...