Jack Harrison to Manchester City - Official

You mean conception? Because if they have Leo involved in the draft, I may watch next year.

I have an irrational love of that man. Probably because he too likes to get fat and buy donuts at the same Dunkin’ I used to visit when I lived in Nikita.

No, inception. The idea to join a team was planted in their mind in the draft.

Yeah, conception. Whoops.

Why young player should move to MLS video :videocamera:

Check out what Bradley Wright-Phillips said about Jack Harrison and what he recommended JH should do. I agree with BWP.

Last edited:
Why young player should move to MLS video :videocamera:

Check out what Bradley Wright-Phillips said about Jack Harrison and what he recommended JH should do. I agree with BWP.

7:01

"And they'll rate you. If you're banging goals, they'll treat you like a Villa." - Bradley Wright Phillips

The Red Bull knows to respect the MVillaP

Reactions: TonyLikesBologna
So, Harrison may be staying in New York this season after all. Would much prefer it that way. All out roster push for the 2018 MLS Cup then a sale in the winter where we get 2/3 since the r/MLS community is saying we'd only get 1/2 now since he's a SuperDraft pick (even though we didn't pick him...)

Moved on to Markovic who once sold for about $28 million (but isn't remotely worth that), who is presumably extremely available.
Happy to have another year of Jack just hope he's accepted how things played out and ready to go for us.

Moved on to Markovic who once sold for about $28 million (but isn't remotely worth that), who is presumably extremely available.
Happy to have another year of Jack just hope he's accepted how things played out and ready to go for us.
It's fake news. Navix has been putting out bullshit MLS rumors all week like Andy Carroll to DC United.

Gotham Gator Gotham Gator - to be clear, I’m not disagreeing with your decision. I’m disagreeing with your logic.

It’s like being a little pregnant. Either the rule is interpreted as an MLS acquisition via draft or it isn’t. If the latter, milliseconds or millennia shouldn’t matter.

Well, the real logic was that Chicago couldn't pass on more than it actually had. The milliseconds vs. weeks was just to point out the absurdity of thinking trading a drafted player made a difference.

Well, the real logic was that Chicago couldn't pass on more than it actually had. The milliseconds vs. weeks was just to point out the absurdity of thinking trading a drafted player made a difference.
It does make the difference. Either you acquired the player by draft or you didn’t.

Reactions: JGarrettLieb
“Harrison, a native of Stoke-on-Trent.” Well then if that’s the case, gosh he will be playing for his childhood home team. Thats obviously must have been a dream growing up. And I have absolutely no issue with that, go for it.

That’s why get my jersey personally customized. If you get suckered and buy into these crazy short term players, here today gone tomorrow. O’ well.

As long as (CFG) take that 4.5 million :moneybag:and puts that into a goddamn killer stadium, that works for me.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/01/25/vieira-possible-jack-harrison-remains-new-york-city-fc

Last edited:
That’s why get my jersey customized. If you get suckered and buy into these crazy short term players, here today gone tomorrow. O’ well.

I would have absolutely no problem wearing a Jack Harrison jersey 10 years from now. Hell, I have a David Villa jersey which I'll wear to every NYCFC game for the foreseeable future, even long after he's gone. Nothing in the fan code says I have to wear the jersey of an active player.

It does make the difference. Either you acquired the player by draft or you didn’t.
How the rule it published on the league's page, I completely agree with you and it shouldn't matter at all.

I have a feeling though that MLS wouldn't see it that way.

Can people stop calling Jack a stoke boy. He lived in Bolton almost his entire life, attended the Man United Academy, and supported Liverpool. His only relation to Stoke is that his father still lives there but I've never heard shit about him.

Reactions: JayH and Kjbert
I wonder if this feeding frenzy, and possibly even a record fee, broadens the MLS 3.0 young DP or allocation signing horizons beyond LA to England. I know that English academy kids have big dreams of EPL and beyond. But what if you are a Harrison rather than his old buddies Marcus and Jesse. Maybe playing in the states (bonus, for a PV, and/or a CFG) is in some cases a better, more creative route to the EPL than EPL development squads, loans and the lower leagues. This may have originally been a one-off wise decision by Mumsi (in fact, with even greater foresight at the stage of life she moved Jack) but these recent developments make this a possibility, even if it’s a small one. I understand some of the flaws in my reasoning, but this has to be a positive development for the league.

$8.5M from Middlesbrough! The rumors continue!

I've had to amend the title of the thread.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...s-New-York-City-news-Jack-Harrison-Tony-Pulis
It’s the Daily Star, so take it for what it is.

Also, it’s Middlesbrough, which isn’t in one of the promotion playoff spots, so it’s a beyond risky move to make for Harrison. If he wasn’t interested in Leicester, a club not dropping from the EPL, then it’s hard to imagine he’d be keen on a mid-table Championship club.

Reactions: Kjbert
I wonder if this feeding frenzy, and possibly even a record fee, broadens the MLS 3.0 young DP or allocation signing horizons beyond LA to England. I know that English academy kids have big dreams of EPL and beyond. But what if you are a Harrison rather than his old buddies Marcus and Jesse. Maybe playing in the states (bonus, for a PV, and/or a CFG) is in some cases a better, more creative route to the EPL than EPL development squads, loans and the lower leagues. This may have originally been a one-off wise decision by Mumsi (in fact, with even greater foresight at the stage of life she moved Jack) but these recent developments make this a possibility, even if it’s a small one. I understand some of the flaws in my reasoning, but this has to be a positive development for the league.

This is very insightful, Jay.

And I am not pointing this out just because you independently came up with something very similar to what I've posted previously.

Also, it’s Middlesbrough, which isn’t in one of the promotion playoff spots, so it’s a beyond risky move to make for Harrison. If he wasn’t interested in Leicester, a club not dropping from the EPL, then it’s hard to imagine he’d be keen on a mid-table Championship club.
Wouldn't it be riskier to go to an EPL team and have no clue what loan situation you will get put in vs. knowing the playing time situation for a Championship club.

Hopefully the reports of him not being interested in Leicester were, if true, based on a belief he wouldn't get much playing time there.

Signing with a team in a relegation battle that will play him regularly, and potentially getting a full year in the Championship next year would, IMHO, be the better option for his development.

Reactions: SoupInNYC

At his age, I don't think it's the final transfer of his life. Perhaps the challenge of trying to help get a team into the Premier League is appealing. Or he stays there for a few years, then transfers into a Premier League team.

Reactions: Kjbert