Jack Harrison to Manchester City - Official

Hopefully the reports of him not being interested in Leicester were, if true, based on a belief he wouldn't get much playing time there.

Signing with a team in a relegation battle that will play him regularly, and potentially getting a full year in the Championship next year would, IMHO, be the better option for his development.
Typically teams in relegation battles don’t play their untried players as readily as their vets. They may be paying a fee for him now, but it won’t guarantee minutes when they’re desperate for points, and being a mid-season acquisition leaves little wiggle-room for developing chemistry.

Never say never, but a mid season move is the riskiest for a young player.

Reactions: Kjbert
I hope to God he doesn’t go to Middlesborough. Tony Pulis is their new manager after being fired from West Brom (my EPL team)

Pulis’ football strategy is to win matches 1-0 or tie them 0-0. He believes in counterattacking football period. It’s not uncommon for a Pulis side to have 25 to 30% possession. He will start a game with three defensive midfielders and a four-man back line.

Jack would be miserable there

The latest news is that City is buying Jack and loaning him to Boro. If there's no fee I'm done with this ownership.
I thought (way, way, way back when the team was announced) that MCFC (or any other CFG club) was not allowed to purchase players from NYCFC because it was potentially a way to transfer crap players out for more than they’re worth resulting in a hugely cash-positive (max GAM) situation.

The latest news is that City is buying Jack and loaning him to Boro. If there's no fee I'm done with this ownership.
I thought (way, way, way back when the team was announced) that MCFC (or any other CFG club) was not allowed to purchase players from NYCFC because it was potentially a way to transfer crap players out for more than they’re worth resulting in a hugely cash-positive (max GAM) situation.
My understanding/assumption/inference is that this is not a concern and no special rules are necessary because MLS owns the contract and NYCFC can't sell him to any team without approval. Especially after they just received offers for specific amounts from other clubs, the league should simply block selling him for any amount less than that as a matter of course. Even if this sale were to an unaffiliated club, accepting a significantly lower offer raises red flags of undisclosed side deals at least. And accepting a similar, even minimally larger offer with MCFC, raises suspicions. I just don't see it happening that MLS would let MC buy him for anything less than a materially better offer. Materially doesn't have to be huge, but more than de minimis.
OTOH, MLS, so who knows.

My understanding/assumption/inference is that this is not a concern and no special rules are necessary because MLS owns the contract and NYCFC can't sell him to any team without approval. Especially after they just received offers for specific amounts from other clubs, the league should simply block selling him for any amount less than that as a matter of course. Even if this sale were to an unaffiliated club, accepting a significantly lower offer raises red flags of undisclosed side deals at least. And accepting a similar, even minimally larger offer with MCFC, raises suspicions. I just don't see it happening that MLS would let MC buy him for anything less than a materially better offer. Materially doesn't have to be huge, but more than de minimis.
OTOH, MLS, so who knows.

Exactly. I am not concerned at all. He won't go for anything less than the best offer that's come in.

What I find interesting is that Man City apparently rates Harrison enough that they will pay the kind of price that's been kicked about for the chance to loan him out and develop him further.

Either that, or Man City wants to reunite Jack and Mix for their run to the EPL title.

Exactly. I am not concerned at all. He won't go for anything less than the best offer that's come in.

What I find interesting is that Man City apparently rates Harrison enough that they will pay the kind of price that's been kicked about for the chance to loan him out and develop him further.

Either that, or Man City wants to reunite Jack and Mix for their run to the EPL title.
If this MCFC/Boro rumor is true, then MCFC definitely rates Harrison enough that they feel his value is going up significantly more than what is being currently offered.

Makes me wonder if their hand is being pushed by Harrison’s need/want to go to England (and they’re saving face over the miserly offers)? Or if NYCFC has a roster plan in place that’s contingent on Harrison moving (figured the transfer fee wouldn’t be as low as it is and already got the ball rolling on the replacements and now the dominoes can’t be righted easily)? Or if CFG finally said Fck it, we’re gonna hold his card and make money off his transfer because he’s gonna be a hot commodity once he gets minutes in England?

Reactions: Kjbert and adam