Jersey Red Bulls

NJ Devils should buy the Red Bulls and call them The New Jersey Red Devils - colors: red and black

Unfortunately, I think the Devils can barely afford to pay their bills :)

But I like that idea.

Harrison 96
Haha.....I like this for solely selfish reasons lol......My Ex who crshed me her last name was Harrison and we always tallked about going to RB games.........I'd love nothing more then to see NYCFC Crush Harrison 96 haha

What do the RB supporters think though? Are serious with keeping it a New York branded team, or would they want to be "The New Jersey......" or have a Euro name like Harrison 96?

Reactions: CP_Scouse
They don't want it to be New Jersey. Wouldn't you want your team to represent where you're from? It's so weird to me. Wanting it to be called NY is an admission of NJ's inferiority. Why would someone from Jersey be ok with that?

I mean I can get the whole NY branding part. Hence the "Metro" concept. I worked for Burton Snowboards and our "NYC Metro" office at the time was in Ringwood NJ (Now i think it's in Soho haha)......So I can get the NY branding part. But I agree, have it represent you.
The ManU thing would be Cool. That would bring a ton together. Make then Metro United and bam City vs United. haha.

Personally if I was re branding them, I'd go:
Metro United
Metro FC,
Merto 96 (for the homage) or Metro 15 (or whatever their "inaugural year" would be)

Reactions: Paul and CP_Scouse
They don't want it to be New Jersey. Wouldn't you want your team to represent where you're from? It's so weird to me. Wanting it to be called NY is an admission of NJ's inferiority. Why would someone from Jersey be ok with that?
Because it's not a big deal? Inferiority talk is for losers, living next to the greatest city in the world is amazing. Awesome state that isn't defined by the name of a sports team. It's hard to build a stadium in the city as us NYCFC fans have quickly realized.

There's already a team called in the NY metro area called the New York Mets. :(

Such a weird time in NY 1st the NY metropolitans - Mets. Then the NY Jets, then the NY Nets and for a short time in the 70's the NY Sets which was a pro tennis league with Billie Jean King as the captain. Weird rhyming shit - see a early rap song here when shit still rhymed.
Good thing we didn't start out with the mets having orange socks and being called the Sox look where that would have led. Blocks - Nets. Someone would end up with Cocks

Is the rivalry between the states of NY & NJ legit ? Do the people of NJ hate new yorkers etc ??

Im sure red bull will sell out of mls soon enough, ive wondered if rebranding to a NJ team would actually help or hinder them.

new_jersey_friends_tshirt.jpg

The NY-NJ relationship is hard to explain.

There's a rivalry but its not a rivalry of hatred as there are way too many people that live/work across the borders of both. Its more of a sibling rivalry.

Reactions: Kjbert
Is the rivalry between the states of NY & NJ legit ? Do the people of NJ hate new yorkers etc ??

Im sure red bull will sell out of mls soon enough, ive wondered if rebranding to a NJ team would actually help or hinder them.
Not really, but I'm sure NJ people hate the stupid cliches and stereotypes thrown at them. Easy to ignore that stuff though living in the 3rd richest state in the country between two major cities.

Reactions: Kjbert
Most of the bad stuff that people equate with NJ is actually the cause of people who migrated out of New York City.

So if nyrb did become a new jersey team. How do you think it would go ?

Personally I think it would be a bad move. They should go back to being a Metro area team and don't claim New York or New Jersey. Calling them NJRB might fit the location, but it's guaranteed to be off-putting to the fans they still have in New York. Calling them Metro would fix the location problem, not offend as many fans, and have the history aspect to placate anyone who is offended.

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul
They should just go by red bull FC or SC and be done with it. The Metro area is a thing people outside the city say to try and give there area the same importance as the city.

Reactions: BxLio91