Jersey Red Bulls

They should just go by red bull FC or SC and be done with it. The Metro area is a thing people outside the city say to try and give there area the same importance as the city.
unfortunately, I think there's a better chance of that happening then anyone adding "New Jersey" to the team name.

actually, the "unique" rivalry isn't really NY state vs NJ since upstate NY is pretty much farmland. it's more like NYC and NJ.

I think i've learned to accept our status as NYC's ugly sister.

I was born in Queens, lived in jersey for a while, then manhattan then Bk.

People from either side don't hate each other. That's a strong word.

Go to Londonderry, or Derry. That's hate. People in Watts and Hollywood thats hate.

The only reason there is animosity is because even for 2 miles that divides hudson county from the city, the differences in lifestyle and culture is unbelievably different.

Hoboken is hollywood for ugly people. Tribeca is filled with fro-fro Euro trash, new money finance brokers who are socially bereft but well to do, and transients sacrificing their quality of life with rental rates that rival mortgage payments on million dollar properties around the country.

So they make fun of each other, but that's where it stops.

I've never seen anyone not be allowed at a party, or through a neighborhood, or really singled out further than a funny joke and a good laugh, its the tri-state, take it easy or forget about it, its a wrap. :)

Oh and to be fair, no one from New York City even thinks Jersey really exists outside of Hudson or Bergen County.

There's northern NJ, then southern, which might as well be Pennsylvania.

They should just go by red bull FC or SC and be done with it. The Metro area is a thing people outside the city say to try and give there area the same importance as the city.

It's also a fairly common term for a city and the area that surrounds it, plus it's part of the original name of the team so...

I was born in Queens, lived in jersey for a while, then manhattan then Bk.

People from either side don't hate each other. That's a strong word.

Go to Londonderry, or Derry. That's hate. People in Watts and Hollywood thats hate.

The only reason there is animosity is because even for 2 miles that divides hudson county from the city, the differences in lifestyle and culture is unbelievably different.

Hoboken is hollywood for ugly people. Tribeca is filled with fro-fro Euro trash, new money finance brokers who are socially bereft but well to do, and transients sacrificing their quality of life with rental rates that rival mortgage payments on million dollar properties around the country.

So they make fun of each other, but that's where it stops.

I've never seen anyone not be allowed at a party, or through a neighborhood, or really singled out further than a funny joke and a good laugh, its the tri-state, take it easy or forget about it, its a wrap. :)

Oh and to be fair, no one from New York City even thinks Jersey really exists outside of Hudson or Bergen County.

There's northern NJ, then southern, which might as well be Pennsylvania.
Jersey still sucks though. You can't even make a proper left turn on half the roads. It's a terrible place.