JERSEY RELEASE???

There's no reason to put out the kit now (after all, they just decided on the logo). Now, putting it out during World Cup would be a really smart move: take advantage of the surge of soccer interest and get your kit out there and make news during that time. Then debut the 2nd kit during the winter, with the alternate during jersey week.

Hmm...

A high-ranking source at NYCFC also told me that it is likely that we will see the official NYCFC kits unveiled and up for sale “much sooner” than the “MLS Jersey week” of 2015, news that is sure to make a lot of NYCFC fans happy if that indeed comes to pass.

With the timing of the badge unveiling to the potential roster announcements, the jersey s will probably be
announced by September/October latest..... Just a guess

I'm just hoping that the home kit design strays a little bit from the Man city kit. I would rather that NYCFC finds its own identity not that i don't like Man City's kit ( It is a very classy kit btw).

I was thinking they probably will want to release a jersey before the first signing wouldn't you think?

I'm not sure. The moment they release a shirt will be the supreme moment of hype in their launch campaign - and it's traditional to launch your shirt by having your players pose in it in heroic stances. The kit launch will, IMO, be done with less than a month to go before the first preseason friendly.

Well if the first player is a MAJOR designated signing it would make sense to time it for then as well. As for the supreme moment of hype that's going to be the biggest signing. Of course the colours are a huge thing but we already have a general idea what colour its probably going to be. It makes no sense to only time it a month before pre season. Being a new club of course it could be anytime but do Adidas usually release kits for the other teams within a certain timeframe?

The Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck team of course given their current playing existence will probably have their shirt released around same time as other clubs.

Being a new club of course it could be anytime but do Adidas usually release kits for the other teams within a certain timeframe?

There's a one week window when all shirts get released. They even call it "jersey week".

There's a one week window when all shirts get released. They even call it "jersey week".

Not all kits. MLS requires that each club release a kit during that week. You can release kits before that though.

So if you have 3 different kits, you can have 3 different release dates.

I'm personally of the opinion that NYCFC will release the home kit so0n after/during the World Cup to try to make news during that surge of interest for the sport. They can then wait to release the away kit for a month after, with the alternate coming for jersey week.

Reactions: einwindir and Gene
I'm personally of the opinion that NYCFC will release the home kit so0n after/during the World Cup to try to make news during that surge of interest for the sport. They can then wait to release the away kit for a month after, with the alternate coming for jersey week.
I agree Mike. Especially in light of the fact the organization already made it known they want to start signing players by the end of the Summer. Can't imagine them signing anyone and not presenting them at a press conference without a kit being available for photo ops, etc.

Reactions: einwindir
I agree Mike. Especially in light of the fact the organization already made it known they want to start signing players by the end of the Summer. Can't imagine them signing anyone and not presenting them at a press conference without a kit being available for photo ops, etc.

Well, and we're forgetting that NYCFC can probably sign some players this summer and just have them on loan till March. For example, we can buy Altidore from Sunderland, let him play for Chivas for a half year (which might be a better squad than Sunderland at this point) and then switch to NYCFC

There have been some suggestions that early signings could be sent to Melbourne Heart as guest players for the first part of the season.

There have been some suggestions that early signings could be sent to Melbourne Heart as guest players for the first part of the season.

Yes, it was suggested by Kreis himself.. If NYCFC was to buy a player this very summer

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. I read something from NYCFC at some point that had an approximate timeline for jerseys and signings. They did say their first signing will likely come this summer. They also said the plan is to release the home kit first sometime during summer or early fall. The away kit would debut at some point either before, during winter/preseason, and the third jersey would debut during jersey week.