JERSEY RELEASE???

I think I remember someone speculating roughly that - I think on this forum - but I'm pretty sure the club haven't announced any sort of timeline for this stuff yet.

Last edited:
Well, this report does have a timeline: http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2014/04/22/Facilities/NYC-FC.aspx

"Pernetti said that the MLS club will embark on a marketing campaign over the coming months centered around fan engagement initiatives similar to when NYC FC used a fan vote to determine its logo. He added, "Beyond that, I think we'll look to take advantage of the World Cup this year and activate as much as we can in New York when the awareness of soccer is at its height." Pernetti said merchandise sales on NYC FC’s Legends-run e-commerce website have been brisk so far, with more than $25,000 sold in the first week of availability. Team gear also is beginning to pop up at retail shops throughout the city. The club is projected to unveil its first kit in either late summer or early fall. Pernetti noted the Yankees and NYC FC have been looking for sponsorship deals that encompass both teams - deals he thinks will eventually come to fruition. Pernetti said as part of Yankee Stadium’s design for soccer, the outfield wall "will be something that we can brand, and we intend to utilize for branding at NYC FC and potentially some other partners. And I think there will be other areas of Yankee Stadium that will be branded as you see it today."

Very good find there Mike.. It pretty much tells us what we can expect the coming months

Very good find there Mike.. It pretty much tells us what we can expect the coming months

yep. and it matches the expectations of a number of people here that NYCFC would release the kits to take full advantage of the WC hype.

Of course, I'm hoping that NYCFC can also take advantage of the WC surge by announcing that Jozy Altidore of the World Cup winning USMNT will be joining NYCFC because I like to dream big.

I can't wait for the jersey. I trust that Adidas will do a great job, but I just hope it doesn't have a damn folder over collar. No jersey should have a polo type collar.

Reactions: forfalskning
Would be awesome if JetBlue was official shirt sponsor, since they are under the Etihad umbrella. They also have a really clean logo that would look great on a shirt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 33
Would be awesome if JetBlue was official shirt sponsor, since they are under the Etihad umbrella. They also have a really clean logo that would look great on a shirt

Technically, it's not "under the umbrella", it's just a regional partner - the same as how American Airlines and British Airways are totally different companies and both giants of their industry, yet they co-operate to share each other's regional market control.

I'm not sure if JetBlue feels any affinity to the "City brand", but maybe. We'll see.

Technically, it's not "under the umbrella", it's just a regional partner - the same as how American Airlines and British Airways are totally different companies and both giants of their industry, yet they co-operate to share each other's regional market control.

I'm not sure if JetBlue feels any affinity to the "City brand", but maybe. We'll see.

Yes, they just codeshare but I think that as a NY company JetBlue is a possibility..

Is an Etihad sponsorship out of the picture now that they are league wide sponsors?

Is an Etihad sponsorship out of the picture now that they are league wide sponsors?
yes most likely. saw an article awhile back they want a kit sponsor both nycfc and the yankees can agree on. Hoping it will be something along the lines of jetBlue or MetLife

yes most likely. saw an article awhile back they want a kit sponsor both nycfc and the yankees can agree on. Hoping it will be something along the lines of jetBlue or MetLife

That´s probably because NYCFC have plans to use the image of Yankee stadium together with sponsors, our guys know how attractive that would be to a company wanting the "New York" image sort of..

WHAT IF and bear with me on this one, because it's pretty crazy. Might not even be legal. But what if the Yankees were the kit sponsor. Mind. Blown.

Reactions: Kjbert
https://twitter.com/TotalMLS/status/472164250358525952

"Sources close to ISF have confirmed that Major League Soccer have begun a massive marketing campaign to welcome David Villa to New York City FC, including mass production of his official shirt."

His "official shirt?" If not a kit, what does that mean? I'm not going to get excited, but does that possibly mean a kit reveal this week too?

https://twitter.com/TotalMLS/status/472164250358525952

"Sources close to ISF have confirmed that Major League Soccer have begun a massive marketing campaign to welcome David Villa to New York City FC, including mass production of his official shirt."

His "official shirt?" If not a kit, what does that mean? I'm not going to get excited, but does that possibly mean a kit reveal this week too?
This week? Probably not. I don't think the transfer becomes free till June, and I think they may wait till after the WC to make it official since he's prepping with Spain and all.

But I think that when they announce the signing, he'll have a kit.

This week? Probably not. I don't think the transfer becomes free till June, and I think they may wait till after the WC to make it official since he's prepping with Spain and all.

But I think that when they announce the signing, he'll have a kit.

Ah, my gut agrees, but the report said NYCFC was going to announce the signing Monday. We'll see.