JERSEY RELEASE???

This is a very good point, and was my first thought when Heart was brought up. However, although we are a blank slate in terms of a soccer club, we are not a blank slate as a city, and there is plenty of tradition to draw from in that regard. Certainly a fair amount of people are unhappy, and I could see a similar bone being thrown here.
I dont disagree, just hoping that the supporter group can embrace the fact that we are in CFG umbrella and not necessarily a clone
Looks like they did.
This is will be ancient history come March

I don't know any other color that is not Man City blue. Like an earlier post, when you go down the streets people will confuse our jersey rather for a Manchester City jersey.

Let's go down the list of other options:

Navy: Totally unique. not worn by anyone else in MLS...except the Revs. And the Fire. Hmm maybe another option.
White: Great! No one wears that...except the New York Red Bulls home. Oh.
Orange: All right! It's a small color in the palette, the 4th option, but we can make our ID about orange. No other club is orange. Orange forever! Or #ForeverOrange. Oh shoot, Houston.

Reactions: juventuz
It's also worth noting that going with sky blue over navy blue helps NYCFC have a different color identity in New York. Navy is already used heavily by the Yankees and Mets. No one uses Sky blue.

Fun fact about MCFC and copying kits. Malcolm Allison, a former MCFC assistant manager, believed that adopting AC Milan colors would inspire City to glory. That's why MCFC have had black and red striped away shirts.

im really really disappointed in the jersey.

I thought we were going to be something unique.

Navy: Totally unique. not worn by anyone else in MLS...except the Revs. And the Fire. Hmm maybe another option.
Orange: All right! It's a small color in the palette, the 4th option, but we can make our ID about orange. No other club is orange. Orange forever! Or #ForeverOrange. Oh shoot, Houston.

Yea but Manchester City does not wear Orange, if they did it's not affiliated with them, heck we could have added stripes. We could have had a Yankee Jersey made into a soccer Jersey, since Yankees are more New York than Manchester City. Hell!, no offense to folks from Manchester City, but New York is a world city. An Alpha city!

Reactions: CP_Scouse
im really really disappointed in the jersey.

I thought we were going to be something unique.

A unique identity is not forged in a single home kit. We as fans buy too much into the power of branding. A unique identity is forged over years, as memories of beautiful goals, miraculous escapes, heartbreaking losses and most of the all the time we spend with our fellow fans accumulate. If the kit had been totally different, we wouldn't have a unique identity. We'd still be a team that hasn't played a game yet, a set of fans that are united by dreams of what can be rather than what is.

Don't be dissuaded by a single boring jersey. Just don't buy it, send an actual message to the club that you think it looks boring and you'd like more effort put into accentuating the elements unique to NYCFC among the City Group, and come to matches in some of the other gear that accentuates what you like about the club. Your voice can be a part of creating that unique identity.

So don't quit now. The good part is just around the corner.

Or we could have a Sky Blue-Navy-Orange combination kit that nobody in sports has. Have some imagination.

Yea but Manchester City does not wear Orange, if they did it's not affiliated with them, heck we could have added stripes. We could have had a Yankee Jersey made into a soccer Jersey, since Yankees are more New York than Manchester City. Hell!, no offense to folks from Manchester City, but New York is a world city. An Alpha city!

You can't do stripes with Adidas putting those awful stripes on the shoulders. Every design that tried it had to make the stripes almost faint accents to make it work, or otherwise just left it as a checkered mess. If we had Nike, sure, we could try the stripes. I'm with you on the orange accents, but I think it's more important for NYCFC to come with a good design that reminds people of MCFC than have an awful design that's different from MCFC. I take it some people would rather the latter, but it's important to note a lot of the people NYCFC will be trying to get into the stadium won't know who the heck Manchester City is.

You can't do stripes with Adidas putting those awful stripes on the shoulders. Every design that tried it had to make the stripes almost faint accents to make it work, or otherwise just left it as a checkered mess. If we had Nike, sure, we could try the stripes. I'm with you on the orange accents, but I think it's more important for NYCFC to come with a good design that reminds people of MCFC than have an awful design that's different from MCFC. I take it some people would rather the latter, but it's important to note a lot of the people NYCFC will be trying to get into the stadium won't know who the heck Manchester City is.
Or they could try to get people who do know as well too. I don't want us to have a NYC Emptyhad.

Or they could try to get people who do know as well too. I don't want us to have a NYC Emptyhad.

I'm with you on the sponsor, but if the owner wants to plug the airline, what are NYCFC going to do? Look around MLS; they're not bringing in great well-known sponsors. Colorado hasn't had theirs for a year yet and the Rapids are already suing them.

His
I think a big point that we may be overlooking is the fact that CFG sees the US as the growth engine. There isnt a whole lot more they can do to grow the MCFC club. The real growth and new dollars will come from the US, they will not be doing anything to retard the growth of NYCFC, its the future cash cow. When the M

I think part of that is Melbourne had a history with the Heart and they threw them a bone to preserve a bit of their past tradition, we on the other hand are a blank slate
History, because it was two year old club? Next you are going to tell me Orlando City has history #BuiltNotBought

But there are those faithfuls who do know and follow soccer abroad, this is a global city. Yes, we have Manchester City ownership, but we would also be showing those folks who don't know who Manchester City are to follow us instead of Manchester City.

I am sure they could have employed Marketing and Fashion Gurus to work on a jersey that reflected that, not just a clone of Manchester City jersey. They could have gone to the fashion district, grab a few up and coming fashion desginers, marketing sharks that want their name out there and gotten a better jersey.

All I am saying is this make us look like Manchester City Jr. We are trying to show we are under a group, but that we are Jr. After this whole talk of us being unique, this Jersey doesn't show it.

After letting it all set in, I gotta say, the overreaction is CRAZY. We all knew what we were getting into when the team was announced via CFG. We KNEW there would be some tie ins. I think that if we have to endure one jersey that looks like the MCFC kit in order to have a team, that's a pretty good deal.

That kit isn't creative, but it's clean and classic. I would take it over half of the TERRIBLE creations that currently exist in MLS (RSL, KC, SEA, CHI, etc). We still have our away kit to look forward to. I think they are going to nail a unique NYC look, I really do.

I'm with you on the sponsor, but if the owner wants to plug the airline, what are NYCFC going to do? Look around MLS; they're not bringing in great well-known sponsors. Colorado hasn't had theirs for a year yet and the Rapids are already suing them.
No. I'm talking about not caring about the soul of the club where you may have a winning product but the fans not really feeling like they're part of it. Like Miami Heat fans being bandwagon. Emptyhad meant that our future Etihad Stadium would have a lot of empty seats.

No. I'm talking about not caring about the soul of the club where you may have a winning product but the fans not really feeling like they're part of it. Like Miami Heat fans being bandwagon. Emptyhad meant that our future Etihad Stadium would have a lot of empty seats.

I don't think the Heat fans had anything to do with the Heat and everything to do with Miami, but that's another story.