JERSEY RELEASE???

Different shade of blue, different sponsor, yeah that would have been nicer.

But I'm a little tired of this. If you want we can keep going on about it or we can go back to banter about players. Maybe the away jersey will be fun.

This would be awesome as our away kit
Manchester-City-14-15-Away-Kit+(1).jpg

A unique identity is not forged in a single home kit. We as fans buy too much into the power of branding. A unique identity is forged over years, as memories of beautiful goals, miraculous escapes, heartbreaking losses and most of the all the time we spend with our fellow fans accumulate. If the kit had been totally different, we wouldn't have a unique identity. We'd still be a team that hasn't played a game yet, a set of fans that are united by dreams of what can be rather than what is.

Don't be dissuaded by a single boring jersey. Just don't buy it, send an actual message to the club that you think it looks boring and you'd like more effort put into accentuating the elements unique to NYCFC among the City Group, and come to matches in some of the other gear that accentuates what you like about the club. Your voice can be a part of creating that unique identity.

So don't quit now. The good part is just around the corner.
precisely! I really don't like the home jersey so i will not buy it. If the away jersey is a bit more unique, hopefully with some orange to it, then i will buy it and wear it. If they see more people buying and wearing the away or alternate than I would hope we would start to see more creativity in the home jerseys in the future. I admit the home is pretty bland, and sterile, but look at it as a blank canvas, maybe we can make a difference and actually splash some of our other colors on there.

Reactions: PatrickRivera
After letting it all set in, I gotta say, the overreaction is CRAZY. We all knew what we were getting into when the team was announced via CFG. We KNEW there would be some tie ins. I think that if we have to endure one jersey that looks like the MCFC kit in order to have a team, that's a pretty good deal.

That kit isn't creative, but it's clean and classic. I would take it over half of the TERRIBLE creations that currently exist in MLS (RSL, KC, SEA, CHI, etc). We still have our away kit to look forward to. I think they are going to nail a unique NYC look, I really do.
I really hope so

By the way, this is what happens when Adidas tries to mix sky blue and orange. Just released today:

Jeesh, give me our boring kit anyday over that.

OH MY GOD!!! That looks like the NYCFC kit! Sky blue, sponsor in the middle, badge on the right and stripes on the shoulders. We're mini Marseille now. We're so screwed. Or is Marseille mini MCFC now? Dunno.

OH MY GOD!!! That looks like the NYCFC kit! Sky blue, sponsor in the middle, badge on the right and stripes on the shoulders. We're mini Marseille now. We're so screwed. Or is Marseille mini MCFC now? Dunno.

Come on now. You can be pedantic all you want but it doesn't change the fact that there is a huge difference between having a jersey that looks almost exactly like the parent club and having one that looks almost exactly like another club with no direct connection.

Honestly I really don't think this would have been nearly as controversial on this board if the people who liked the kit weren't so caught up in bashing those who don't.

Honestly I really don't think this would have been nearly as controversial on this board if the people who liked the kit weren't so caught up in bashing those who don't.

I haven't seen anyone bash anyone on either side of the argument. It's been pretty civil. I'm just busting chops, all in good fun.

Reactions: Kjbert
I haven't seen anyone bash anyone on either side of the argument. It's been pretty civil. I'm just busting chops, all in good fun.

Yours have been some of the posts that feel like bashing from the other side, but I completely believe you if you say that that is unintentional because up until this point I've generally liked everything you post and found you perfectly reasonable.

Sometimes getting your chops busted online can seem a lot more personal. Especially if its alongside people saying things like: if you don't like the kit, you were never a true fan, so good riddance.

Yours have been some of the posts that feel like bashing from the other side, but I completely believe you if you say that that is unintentional because up until this point I've generally liked everything you post and found you perfectly reasonable.

Sometimes getting your chops busted online can seem a lot more personal. Especially if its alongside people saying things like: if you don't like the kit, you were never a true fan, so good riddance.
In all fairness, Some people have flat out said , í dont like the jersey its looks like mcfc, I'm selling my season tickets. That is absolutely ridiculous !

In all fairness, Some people have flat out said , í dont like the jersey its looks like mcfc, I'm selling my season tickets. That is absolutely ridiculous !

True, but that was one guy, and to be fair to him he said he'd still support the team it just made him realize that he didn't want to be making the trip from CT for every game. Maybe he shouldn't have bought tickets in the first place. The vast majority of posters who are dissatisfied with this jersey are just disappointed fans who want to discuss it, not people looking to jump ship.

Reactions: Paul

I don't recall directly bashing anyone, I have been laying the sarcasm pretty thick, though. I have questioned folks who are threatening to leave or sell their tickets because of the kit, but haven't told anyone to get lost.

Reactions: Kjbert
I don't recall directly bashing anyone, I have been laying the sarcasm pretty thick, though. I have questioned folks who are threatening to leave or sell their tickets because of the kit, but haven't told anyone to get lost.

Like I said, I believe you. Other people said get lost, which may have made your sarcasm not come across as clearly. It's like this:

Reactions: Drainyoo
yesterday I felt "meh" about the kit. Today, it's grown on me a bit. For the record, I completely expected City blue home kit. I think dark 3 stripes would have set it off but may also have been too similar to SKC. still on the fence if i buy one. The badge on the kit still screams "NYC", just sayin'

yesterday I felt "meh" about the kit. Today, it's grown on me a bit. For the record, I completely expected City blue home kit. I think dark 3 stripes would have set it off but may also have been too similar to SKC. still on the fence if i buy one. The badge on the kit still screams "NYC", just sayin'

I feel like waiting for the Away Kit. But probably I'm not going to be able to stop myself until then.

Now, anyone can explain me the difference between the replica kit and the other more expensive?

I feel like waiting for the Away Kit. But probably I'm not going to be able to stop myself until then.

Now, anyone can explain me the difference between the replica kit and the other more expensive?

The patches. the replicas don't have the MLS patches or the Inaugural season patch. There's probably some more BS differences, but that's basically what people will notice.