Kreis Says Wingert To Stay

Can our esteemed Kreiss revive this Lazarus ? I am still under anesthesia. feel numb and groggy with sadness and disappointment. We have had bad game days but today was the worse. For the last 20 minutes all I wanted just one goal from our Captain Villa to close the season on a positive note. I got my wish and on that note I am looking forward to 2016 season.

I don't get this. Even at RSL Kreis knew Wingert was getting too slow and was working on ways to replace him. Now he's even older and slower. Why build a defense around him? If he really said it, maybe he's just pumping him up so some slack-jaw club like Colorado or Chicago buy him. Otherwise I'm at a loss. I like Wingert he has heart but he isn't the the future and he isn't even a starter now in MLS especially in 2016.
Can we get NYCFCFan10 to explain this?

I wasn't pro-Kreis but I wasn't Anti-Kreis either. Really felt we should give him another year due to all the turbulence of a 1st year, controversial franchise and personnel changes throughout the season. After his choices last night compounded by poor performance and effort from the team, I'm making it official...#KREISOUT

"Important, veteran part, of a team, that we could look to build around going forward."

That is the actual quote. He wasn't asked to speak about Wingert's future with the club. He was asked to assess his performance on the year - and that was his response.

Guys the reality is that we can only cut one veteran with a guaranteed contract is offseason. Wingert probably isnt the guy we are cutting.

If you can only cut one guy with a guaranteed contract, you need to cut Ned because he makes so much money.

But they shouldn't have taken Wingert in the first place. The funny thing about Wingert is that I believe he is the ONLY player in MLS with free agency rights this winter.

I just read (on the Daily Mail) that Kreis makes $1 Million per year?

If you can only cut one guy with a guaranteed contract, you need to cut Ned because he makes so much money.

But they shouldn't have taken Wingert in the first place. The funny thing about Wingert is that I believe he is the ONLY player in MLS with free agency rights this winter.
Where did you see anything about free agency rights this winter? If he is a free agent, we can get him at cheaper salary and cut someone else.

Where did you see anything about free agency rights this winter? If he is a free agent, we can get him at cheaper salary and cut someone else.

It's in the new CBA but I don't recall the free agency details. Something like 28 yrs old and at least 10 yrs in the league or something like that. I thought there were maybe 5 players who qualify.

Meaning he can choose free agency. He can opt out

It's in the new CBA but I don't recall the free agency details. Something like 28 yrs old and at least 10 yrs in the league or something like that. I thought there were maybe 5 players who qualify.
Ballouchy, Grabavoy, Hernandez, Saunders, and Wingert all qualify for free agency. The problem is that MLS does not publicize contract information so we have no clue the length of any of their contracts. They can all be free agents or none of them.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Ballouchy, Grabavoy, Hernandez, Saunders, and Wingert all qualify for free agency. The problem is that MLS does not publicize contract information so we have no clue the length of any of their contracts. They can all be free agents or none of them.

If BxLio91 BxLio91 is correct then Ballouchy and Saunders (and maybe Hernandez as well) will not be free agents because they weren't with the same team for 8 yrs.

Reactions: Kjbert