Leagues Cup - August 17 - Columbus (Away)

We are one win away from playing for a spot in the Champions League.

Top 3 teams from this tournament advance, so if we get to the semifinals, we're guaranteed to have a chance.

Obviously, Columbus is a terrific team and this will be an incredibly steep challenge. But if we can beat Tigres, we can beat Columbus.

And after an equalizer and then a game leading penalty, Club América will make is 2 out of 8 clubs from Mexico.
This, as much as anything, is an indictment of the MLS home field model. Not surprising. And in NY, the Mexican teams have plenty of fans at the matches. But the travel is a lot of extra challenge for these squads.

Top 3 teams from this tournament advance, so if we get to the semifinals, we're guaranteed to have a chance.

Obviously, Columbus is a terrific team and this will be an incredibly steep challenge. But if we can beat Tigres, we can beat Columbus.
Wait, is there a third place game for leagues cup?

This, as much as anything, is an indictment of the MLS home field model. Not surprising. And in NY, the Mexican teams have plenty of fans at the matches. But the travel is a lot of extra challenge for these squads.

This tournament seems tailor-made for MLS to claim they are catching up to Liga MX. But for this thing to have true legitimacy as a competitive tournament, the Mexican teams are going to have to be able to host at some point.

if (and a big if) NYCFC gets past CLB it will be either hypothetical leagues cup champions or Mazatlán waiting in the semi. And I imagine NYCFC would go on the road vs the hypothetical champions or host vs Mazatlán.

Vamos Canoneros vamosssss

Reactions: gbservis
if (and a big if) NYCFC gets past CLB it will be either hypothetical leagues cup champions or Mazatlán waiting in the semi. And I imagine NYCFC would go on the road vs the hypothetical champions or host vs Mazatlán.

the asterisk champions would absolutely love a semi-final at their house.

but yeah, i think the chances of us advancing past the crew are pretty slim. we'll need a stellar, complete performance from everyone back to front. whatever happens, i just want a good game. if we lose, i don't want to be blown out.

season 9 GIF

Did someone say Canyonero?

Reactions: canchon and joe
Mazatlán winning also keeps alive the possibility of a Colorado-Mazatlán final.

If that happened Don would announce a rules change that the winner of that game needs to play Miami to actually win the cup.

I'm jam packed today. Arsenal in the morning, VfB mid-afternoon and our game right after dinner (I eat early with my evening pills). And the Mets are at 4:10 p.m.

Four wins in one day would be epic. Plus, by 8 p.m. or so I'm going to be totally brain dead. 😆

• Haha
I'm jam packed today. Arsenal in the morning, VfB mid-afternoon and our game right after dinner (I eat early with my evening pills). And the Mets are at 4:10 p.m.

Four wins in one day would be epic. Plus, by 8 p.m. or so I'm going to be totally brain dead. 😆
Yeah, we're back to all day soccer + other sports.

Frustrating, but the guys came into a difficult place and defended well against a strong Crew side.

I do think Martins should have chosen the other side of the stadium for the penalties.

Additionally, it's very disappointing to see a small market team being more aggressive in their signings. We should have more attacking talent.