Let The Warzone Rest In Peace

As I have previously said, I watched for Cosmos because of its Denis Tueart connection.
I will now be rooting for NYCFC because of its CFG connection (as I will be rooting for Melbourne as well) You see until I was given a team to support I was a plastic fan of American Soccer. So I can relate to how United fans can move to NYC. The true (full on) United supporters will naturally stay away anyway whether we debate it on this forum or not.
So you see its not about my agenda, its about how you read the posts. If I have an agenda it is about supporting the Shiekh in his City Football Group, every team and everyone included. Obviously my main passion will always be Man City because I am closer to them

This is what I view the discussions in this forums as ...
image.jpg

This is what the rest of the forum is
jessica_biel_chuck_larry_d.gif%3Fw%3D360%26h%3D600

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 208
Reactions: Soccerfanatic94
Now I'm biased being the one who came up with the name and concept for this board. Its a positive bias and its far better than the awful "banter zone" as it was originally described.

The discussions happening above are going to happen regardless. The "Warzone" wasn't supposed to be about football discussions in first place at least as I envisioned it. Infact that's caused more controversy than the topics this board was truly supposed to be about. Infact a flood of new controversial topics (non football related) might be just what the board needs. Controversy does stir debate and its not like we are being flooded with news from NYCFC every day.

Let this be the nycfcforums version of 4chan. That's nycfcforums not nycpcforums.

As for a name change it should be the "debate desk" bit removed. Its a redundant part of the title.

Last edited:
While I am all for oiled females... Shit, my dear Chinese wife will hack me into pieces... I did not start this thread for this. I want the rats to flee the ship and I want those who have an honest interest to remain aboard!

I have been thinking about what you mods have said.

A yes or no answer will suffice...

Are you saying that there can be NO DEBATE about the positives and negatives of being a CFG member?

MCFC / NYCFC/ Melbourne City FC/ Yokahoma F Marinos are all part of it, some fans are interested in the others but because "it scares a few people" you actually deem CFG off topic.

If you answer Yes, then isn't this a bit like burying your heads in the sand ?

If you say no, then are these debates not best placed under one umbrella and kept away from the constructive supporters forum where ideas are banded around (such as the nickname thread)

I actually believe I have made constructive contributions in the name of NYCFC (suggestions of nicknames etc) and I believe there can be constructive debate about CFG without the need to ram it down peoples throats.

I have been thinking about what you mods have said.

A yes or no answer will suffice...

Are you saying that there can be NO DEBATE about the positives and negatives of being a CFG member?

MCFC / NYCFC/ Melbourne City FC/ Yokahoma F Marinos are all part of it, some fans are interested in the others but because "it scares a few people" you actually deem CFG off topic.

If you answer Yes, then isn't this a bit like burying your heads in the sand ?

If you say no, then are these debates not best placed under one umbrella and kept away from the constructive supporters forum where ideas are banded around (such as the nickname thread)

I actually believe I have made constructive contributions in the name of NYCFC (suggestions of nicknames etc) and I believe there can be constructive debate about CFG without the need to ram it down peoples throats.

Allow me to respond by turning this on its head. Let me put the question to you: do you really believe that the CFG debate has been positive and healthy for this forum?

If yes - and I really can't see you saying "no" because it would invalidate your argument - then I would like to follow it up by asking what good you think has been done so far because of the CFG debate? Do you believe that many people have come to a better understanding of the CFG because of it, because I honestly believe that all of this discussion has been lost and forgotten under the rest of the "which is the most important team" arguments.

I would have to add a couple of extra questions on the end, too: do you recognise that many members have been driven off this forum by this debate, or persuaded not to register because of it, and does that not concern you?

We don't want to ban this debate, but the problem is that it is way out of hand, and a lot of people are calling for this argument to be brought to a close. It's gone too far. You say that you believe that it is possible to have constructive debate about CFG without it being rammed down peoples' throats. I agree that in theory this is possible, but the simple truth is that not one page of one thread about CFG on this forum has given me any belief that this is actually possible. It only takes one person to make one post trying to push their beliefs a little too hard and the backlash from other posters then ensures that the thread will ignite again. The way that this debate has gone, time and time and time again, deeply deeply troubles me, as it does all of the mod staff. We no longer believe that this debate can be kept civil.

The simple issue is this: a number of New Yorkers with no MCFC affiliations want this team to just be their local club, and don't want it to be beholden to any other club. A number of people on here with prior MCFC affiliations want this club to base its decisions off its links to MCFC and aren't so fussed about it feeling like a local, independent NYC club. We thought for a while that we could keep both sides happy and let a friendly chat develop regarding the CFG connection. This has been proven to be a naive assumption more times now than we can remember. The only people who want this debate to keep going are MCFC fans, and that's not a positive thing. For the health of the forum we feel we are now being forced to act.

I agree NYCFC should have a local feel, as should Melbourne City FC and Yokohama.

To all of us, MCFC fans included, the concept of a "group" in the football concept is new. It means fans of all "group" clubs whether existing or new have to get there heads around the concept.

For the other clubs with an existing fan base it is probably easier than or you guys as there is a passion for an existing club to start with. So in this answer I recognise that you have a harder job than most.

The fact remains there is a group, who is the best team within the group does not matter. Each team within the group will be expected to be the best in there league.

To that end who the group spend money on may be dictated by each clubs performance. It is not a case of the group making money for one team, but a case of the group making money, and what available budget is to spend across the group spent on the correct things.

Some things may be interchangeable, some things not.

Regardless of what team within the group is your first choice team, the fact that it is a group remains to all fans of the group. You are correct in what you say regarding MCFC fans should not come on here saying we are the number one team and we will farm you. But there is a discussion to be had about the hopes and fears of a group. I feel there is a huge debate to be had regarding the new concept. As mods if Man City fans come on bigging it up, then it is up to you to manage them out, as you should trouble making fans of ANY team.

Its a new concept, you are a new team, we are a new group. That affects NYCFC as much as MCFC or any other team in the group, regardless who likes it or not.

At least debate about how the new group might work in the short, medium and long term may raise things that none of us have thought of and minimize the surprises that may come eventually.

Last edited:
heres an idea: if you dont want to partake in a debate, then dont. if you dont want to see topics about guns then dont look into it. the debate desk is for people who full knowingly argue. when you enter the warzone, you comply that its an argument area, not a playground. know your battles

Reactions: MrE
In answer to part two of your question.
I have no idea, I work in numbers... can you substantiate
1) how many people have been driven off this forum because of debate, and how many were natural wastage anyway.
2) how many people didn't register because of debate or how many just checked it out to see what it was about
3) how many people have registered because they have seen debate and wanted to voice there opinion
4) how many come back because of debate.

Warzone has the second highest rate of replies (to News) on the forum.

5) how many people complain via pm to mods about posts in the war zone. Why don't they voice there concern directly there ?

I could careless what is said in here or the topics discussed (within our TOS) I just don't get the point of the arguement because you guys are just going around in a circle and disagreeing and that won't change so why continue?
Talk about it all you want, it's just senseless

heres an idea: if you dont want to partake in a debate, then dont. if you dont want to see topics about guns then dont look into it. the debate desk is for people who full knowingly argue. when you enter the warzone, you comply that its an argument area, not a playground. know your battles
What do any of these debates have to do with NYCFC? If you need a place to get your issues out of the system, there's better venues for that purpose than this soccer fan forum.

Debate is part of human nature, but there are constructive debates where you both make your point, shake hands and one person admits that they see and issue from a different perspective or they disagree and feel scorned by the other

The City Civil War isn't a debate, it isn't about agreeing to disagree. It's just an inane circular argument.

I don't like the war zone, I think in the context of this, and similar forums (sports), it is pointless.

But I have no opinion on whether to keep it or not; just saying the constant city fight isn't a debate or exchange of ideas.

What do any of these debates have to do with NYCFC? If you need a place to get your issues out of the system, there's better venues for that purpose than this soccer fan forum.

Please tell me a better venue to discuss and debate City Football Group than with other group members

Debate is part of human nature, but there are constructive debates where you both make your point, shake hands and one person admits that they see and issue from a different perspective or they disagree and feel scorned by the other

Completely agree soccer fan

The City Civil War isn't a debate, it isn't about agreeing to disagree. It's just an inane circular argument.

I don't like the war zone, I think in the context of this, and similar forums (sports), it is pointless.

But I have no opinion on whether to keep it or not; just saying the constant city fight isn't a debate or exchange of ideas.

In that case do not make it a City Civil war, I am not suggesting we should talk about MAN CITY V NYCFC, so please leave Man City out of it.
I am suggesting a debate to how we all 4 clubs fit into the group, what each club wants out of it, and what benefits the group can get by all parties working together.
Unfortunately all parties included the fans of all teams. The fans have to be inclusive, and accept all the other fans.
Whether fans we like it or not, whether potential fans like it or not, we are a group and have to find the positives.

Please tell me a better venue to discuss and debate City Football Group than with other group members

Completely agree soccer fan

In that case do not make it a City Civil war, I am not suggesting we should talk about MAN CITY V NYCFC, so please leave Man City out of it.
I am suggesting a debate to how we all 4 clubs fit into the group, what each club wants out of it, and what benefits the group can get by all parties working together.
Unfortunately all parties included the fans of all teams. The fans have to be inclusive, and accept all the other fans.
Whether fans we like it or not, whether potential fans like it or not, we are a group and have to find the positives.

If you look carefully enough there are many other subforums here that do that.

^plenty of civil discussions about City in other areas of the forum. You guys should get out more and join those discussions.
There is no debate going on here. It's simply an I'm right you're wrong. That's all that's been accomplished in over 1,000 posts.
If you're looking for more it's pretty obvious you won't get it.