Man City Discussion

Dreadful match today against Leciester even if we won. I think the boys in blue have accepted the race is over and second place is best we get this season.

I don't think they've given up. They were dreadful because the defense is a disaster. Mangala can't help but open up the defense wide. He's frustrating to watch because he'll impress and then pull off something boneheaded. Leicester could have scored 3 goals to be conservative.

Thankfully we get 10 days to try to work on pulling off a miracle at Barca, then a trip to Burnley (which we should use as a practice session for Barca).

It's funny I just read Bitter and Blue over on SBNation and they actually talk about how good the defense was. Honestly I'm not sure I understand what's going on with the team at this point. Leciester is no measure for us as Newcastle weren't either.

It is a good time for a break for sure.

I can't believe City paid £42m for Mangala, what were they thinking?
Man City's ownership (or PSG etc..) is the reason of this waste of money. Sheiks changed football's world overpaying good (sometimes) or declining players...
Mangala is the product of this kind of operation.

Let's give Mangala time. He's 23 and it's his first season in England. We paid more than we should have for him because of third party ownership we had to work with. Hopefully that won't happen again.

Well, this is a problem MCFC and soon the rest of the England will be dealing with. When 0ther teams know you have plenty of cash to burn, they hike up the prices for you. So you end up getting less for your money.

I'm ok with waiting for Mangala to grow, but right now my biggest knock against Pellegrini is his transfers. Negredo's already out, Jovetic soon to follow. I'd rather not talk about Fernando. Mangala still shaky.

His best transfers in have been Martin Demichelis and Frank Lampard and there's a lot of sad in that statement.

It's funny I just read Bitter and Blue over on SBNation and they actually talk about how good the defense was. Honestly I'm not sure I understand what's going on with the team at this point. Leciester is no measure for us as Newcastle weren't either.

It is a good time for a break for sure.

I read that article; cocaine is a hell of a drug.

If not for the post and a underrated performance by Joe Hart, City lose that game. I mean, LC's counter attack was giving me flashbacks to the first half of the UCL match against Barca. That's not a sign of a good defense.

Reactions: SebastianBlue
I don't know why, but I have the feeling this summer City is going to do a transfer that blows every body away. Someone very good and unexpected.

Sheikh Mansour went to Spain riding on a pony
Brought us back a superstar in Leo Messi!

(I hope)
I appreciate the sentiment but the last thing we need is Messi. We haven't brought in a world class player since Aguero and it shows. We have four world beaters, most of which are absent in body or mind for long periods of time due to injury, international duty, or very poor form.

We need to spend on a world class CM and RB while shifting at least five players (Fernando, Sagna, Kolarov, Willy, and Jovetic) and promoting Angelino, Lopes, Denayer, Gunn, and Pozo to the bench. Lampard will leave and Boyata will likely go out on loan. We could then give Zabaleta a rest every now and then, assure we have youth providing energy and a change to formation when needed, allow Bony to bed in, and actually dominate midfield most of the time.

That's my dream, anyway.

Some unbelievable news here from Simon Mullock, a blue, in The Mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...0million-per-year-sponsorship-5290985#rlabs=1

Basically it puts City back above Chavski and manu for the money. £80M a SEASON lol.

Well they wanted FFP, now they have it. Smart move waiting to see what the others got then adding more. As champions of the most watched league, Platini and his crew will have to change the rules again to break this.

As far as i am aware NYCFC and Melbourne will also get some of this.

I am pmsl at this.

It doesn't put us above either. It puts us on a level with Chelsea and below the rags still. Bear in mind that the Etihad deal covers shirt and training kit branding and stadium and training ground naming. Most clubs would arrange that as four separate deals. By most accounts the shirt sponsorship is considered to be worth around half of the whole deal, so our shirts would now be worth £40m, the stadium naming would be worth £20m and the training kit and ground stuff would be another £20m split I don't know how between them.

Of course, that won't stop the sensationalist papers from decrying the deal and saying it's artificially inflated and pretending we are saying the kit alone is worth £80m.

The manu deal is loaded with incentives, they will be lucky to hit those figures, they really need the CL this season.
Chavski shirt deal is reckoned at £40m they were £15m behind last season. They will be dust in the rear view mirror soon.

Can't believe we tie one game and Man City wants to go and copy our kit. But I guess what else can you expect from a small time club?

Reactions: BxLio91
Can't believe we tie one game and Man City wants to go and copy our kit. But I guess what else can you expect from a small time club?

Well, they probably saw how beautiful Mix looked when scoring that goal and wanted to look just like that. Fully expect MCFC to come out next year all with Mix's haircut. Kompany and Yaya have a lot of work to do in that department.

The 2015/2016 jersey has leaked.

NyyQMtt.jpg