Man City Discussion

P
Let's give Mangala time. He's 23 and it's his first season in England. We paid more than we should have for him because of third party ownership we had to work with. Hopefully that won't happen again.
But in seriousness, that is a very beautiful kit.
That unfortunately is yet another Nike piece of shite .which looks to be a templated version of this years third kit yet again we have that fuckin shield .the only plus side we've got are white back and white shorts as well.the away kit looks better and is similar in style to the gorgous nycfc away

P

That unfortunately is yet another Nike piece of shite .which looks to be a templated version of this years third kit yet again we have that fuckin shield .the only plus side we've got are white back and white shorts as well.the away kit looks better and is similar in style to the gorgous nycfc away

Wait is the back a different shade of blue? I hadn't seen that

Wait is the back a different shade of blue? I hadn't seen that
Don't know about the back to be honest it was just my lad that commented on the style.if you want to buy one they are probably available in China already for about £14.there is a proper picture of it on bluemoon along with a mock up of the new away shirt ,which is very similar to the NYC away shirt

Don't know about the back to be honest it was just my lad that commented on the style.if you want to buy one they are probably available in China already for about £14.there is a proper picture of it on bluemoon along with a mock up of the new away shirt ,which is very similar to the NYC away shirt

Really funny finding that thread and seeing all the MCFC fans talking about how they love our kit and want Adidas whereas when our home came out we clamored for Nike and hated our home. lol.

Really funny finding that thread and seeing all the MCFC fans talking about how they love our kit and want Adidas whereas when our home came out we clamored for Nike and hated our home. lol.
Said the same thing yesterday .Nike are hated at city.the nycfc home is very similar to the 9/10 home kit are first back with umbro which is regarded as our best shirt ever.was being serious about buying from China by the way

Said the same thing yesterday .Nike are hated at city.the nycfc home is very similar to the 9/10 home kit are first back with umbro which is regarded as our best shirt ever.was being serious about buying from China by the way

Oh I know. I've been tempted to go the China route, since I don't have the money for all the kits I'd love to don, but I've never pulled the trigger.

This will always be the best.
mcfc70sshirt.jpg

Reactions: AndreT_NY
Did Nike's ownership of Umbro have any impact on Umbro positive or negative. What has changed for Umbro since Umbro was sold by Nike?
When Nike took over umbro most umbro teams got transferred to Nike.once Nike sold umbro on again they have started doing kits again and Everton and hull are back with umbro in quality kits

Reactions: NYCFC 12th man
Did Nike's ownership of Umbro have any impact on Umbro positive or negative. What has changed for Umbro since Umbro was sold by Nike?

yeah what typical said. They screwed them for contracts etc etc City had had a good relationship for many many years with Umbro. Both manchester outfits so it was a good fit.

Reactions: NYCFC 12th man
yeah what typical said. They screwed them for contracts etc etc City had had a good relationship for many many years with Umbro. Both manchester outfits so it was a good fit.
Don't forget tho umbro ditiched city for the rags when we went on our little romp round the football league.and only rocked back up when we were back as a force.don't forget they pissed off with our badge and we ended up with that pigeon and three bloody stars !!

Don't forget tho umbro ditiched city for the rags when we went on our little romp round the football league.and only rocked back up when we were back as a force.don't forget they pissed off with our badge and we ended up with that pigeon and three bloody stars !!

It wasn't them, it was the bloke who had the shop on the corner of Maine Road and Claremont Road that everyone thought was the souvenir shop, lol. Eddie (cant remember surname, Prestwich Blue or one of them will remember) had it as Franny Lee discovered another of Peter Swales' fuck ups. We could not use the the cup finals ones as they were the Arms of the city of Manchester and copyright cannot be granted, so we ended up with what we have.
The three stripes are the three rivers of Manchester. Irk, Irwell and Medlock.
That pigeon is the Eagle from the heraldry of Manchester it was on some of the very early stuff we had. Pigeon lol cheeky bastard.

Last edited:
It wasn't them, it was the bloke who had the shop on the corner of Maine Road and Claremont Road that everyone thought was the souvenir shop, lol. Eddie (cant remember surname, Prestwich Blue or one of them will remember) had it as Franny Lee discovered another of Peter Swales' fuck ups. We could not use the the cup finals ones as they were the Arms of the city of Manchester and copyright cannot be granted, so we ended up with what we have.

Eddie Davies was his name and Swales had a scam with him and that shop.

That pigeon is the Eagle from the heraldry of Manchester it was on some of the very early stuff we had. Pigeon lol cheeky bastard.
When was the last time you saw a bloody eagle in moss side ffs .plenty of illegal tho. !!
I was always under the impression that the round badge with the red rose was copyrighted by umbro,this seemed to be backed up when umbro went the badge went and when they returned in 09 the shop sold loads of stuff with it on .

The only shop I remember was what seemed to be some bodies house pretty much opposite the main entrance .I rember they used to sell about 3 inch badges with pictures of players on they had cut from magazine's themselves