Mcfc Confirms Lampard Staying In Manchester For The Season

And now that I'm thinking, do you guys think De Rossi would even consider NYCFC after all this? The Yanks need to scrape up some cash out of their 20% holdings and and recruit some mind blowing talent to ease the frustrations of the fans. I know I'm pissed for sure, not because of Lampard himself, but more because no one is fighting CFG about it!

Reactions: Kjbert
This is the way it has to be until MLS gets much bigger and pays much higher salaries. You talk about MCFC taking your talent. But that would happen anyway. Any player worth his salt plays in Europe until he is no longer good enough. The difference is, it wouldn't be City buying that exceptional talent. And City will at least give you something in return, like youth players on loan, who are superior to what would normally be available.

The alternative was to get some investor interested in doing this on the cheap. No real stadium prospects, no big money players (not David Villa that's for sure), and no worldwide talent network.

This is going to work out. Lampard staying or going will have no impact whatsoever on the long-term success of NYCFC. If he doesn't come, you'll get someone else similarly exciting.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:
Thought I would post a reply on bluemoon regarding the lampard issue. Try to present a more NYCFC angle. Now I remember why I don't post there everything goes via the mods. No such thing as the free press.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
While those reports "we never had him" sting and hurt, on the official website -> http://www.nycfc.com/players/frank-lampard it still proclaims "Acquired: Signed on a free transfer to New York City FC on July 24, 2014". If this was really just a fraudulent lie to lure in people for season tickets, we should flood the Better Business Bureau with complaints about this! -> https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
The Better Business Bureau has no power or authority to do anything to anyone other than put a negative rating on their site.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Long time lurker had to say something on this because I'm actually staying with a friend
in Manchester literally right now. BTW it's not much of a city and the people on the street aren't
really talking about Lampard in my experience (if I can even understand them). My friend does
not follow football so does not get what the fuss with this situation is but I have had
time to reflect on this and these are my 2 cents.

If NYCFC are going to treat their loyal fans this way then I just say screw them.
I'm lucky because I already support another team in the EPL (not man citeh
I'm a Villa man like Prince William - same team as a future King!)
so I don't need NYCFC anyway and if I supported Man U, Livepool, Arsenal or other rivals
in the EPL then there is no way I would even dream of going near NYCFC because I wouldn't
want to give money to a team linked so heavily to a direct rival.

Eg if Birmingham (UK not Alabama) set up an MLS franchise I would rather die than be
involved with them in anyway at all - I HATE Birmingham so much I would rather go to
Baghdad than to Birmingham! and will definitely be avoiding it when I finally get to go
to see the Villa playing in the flesh for the first time later in my trip at Villa Park.

I got banned, permenantly, at Blue Moon after telling them we don't want Lampard and that they stole Lampard.

They're not too fond of things like truth and honesty over there.

Not quite. If you're one of several that were banned, you were banned for breaking our forum rules and being abusive, as several bluemooners were banned from here for doing, as I would also be if I did the same. As for not accepting new members, that's completely untrue, we always accept new members and any NYCFC fans are welcome as long as they follow the code of conduct.

Anyway, to the rest of you, sorry about Fat Frank, it hasn't really been handled well and personally I would have been happy to see him go to New York for the start of the MLS season, hopefully we can find a quality 3rd DP signing. I'm sure the benefits will far outweigh this in the future so relax and get behind your club. Or not, as it suits you. Happy New Year.

Not quite. If you're one of several that were banned, you were banned for breaking our forum rules and being abusive, as several bluemooners were banned from here for doing, as I would also be if I did the same. As for not accepting new members, that's completely untrue, we always accept new members and any NYCFC fans are welcome as long as they follow the code of conduct.

Anyway, to the rest of you, sorry about Fat Frank, it hasn't really been handled well and personally I would have been happy to see him go to New York for the start of the MLS season, hopefully we can find a quality 3rd DP signing. I'm sure the benefits will far outweigh this in the future so relax and get behind your club. Or not, as it suits you. Happy New Year.
I tried to sign up New Year's Eve night (maybe Early New Year's Day, England time) and it came back with a page saying this forum is not accepting new members at this time. I tried again the next day and it worked. I would have taken a screenshot if I had any reason to believe it would become such a controversy.

Btw, nothing I said came close to the shit that was flowing out of any Manc post there. So I suggest you review your code of conduct.

Just a heads up Don't come here and tell us to relax or the benefits will outweigh after this, if you are going to do that, the you really need to wait till CFG does something that means they will make amends. We have no reason to just believe that, would be better if you have some sense of timing.

I tried to sign up New Year's Eve night (maybe Early New Year's Day, England time) and it came back with a page saying this forum is not accepting new members at this time. I tried again the next day and it worked. I would have taken a screenshot if I had any reason to believe it would become such a controversy.

Btw, nothing I said came close to the shit that was flowing out of any Manc post there. So I suggest you review your code of conduct.
Well, obviously you said something that got you banned, we have a very low tolerance for rule breaking from non city fans, several of you were banned for being abusive to blues, several others have joined and obeyed the site rules and have not been banned , whatever you think of what we were posting on our site, many of the NYCFC fans who were banned were nothing short of disgraceful.

Just a heads up Don't come here and tell us to relax or the benefits will outweigh after this, if you are going to do that, the you really need to wait till CFG does something that means they will make amends. We have no reason to just believe that, would be better if you have some sense of timing.
As I said, relax or not, as it suits you.
Probably won't be back on here for a bit so good luck with the MLS season.

And now that I'm thinking, do you guys think De Rossi would even consider NYCFC after all this? The Yanks need to scrape up some cash out of their 20% holdings and and recruit some mind blowing talent to ease the frustrations of the fans. I know I'm pissed for sure, not because of Lampard himself, but more because no one is fighting CFG about it!
The Yankees I am sure have little to say about the day to day running of the club. In fact after the stadium is built I see them being bought out.

Reactions: Kjbert

you posts in the past have been full of nonsense, half truths and speculation. You can understand why I and others are finding that comment a bit hard to swallow. Especially as others had gotten in and the comments earlier saying that you couldn't get on and then that you were banned.

This is the way it has to be until MLS gets much bigger and pays much higher salaries. You talk about MCFC taking your talent. But that would happen anyway. Any player worth his salt plays in Europe until he is no longer good enough.

Putting MLS money problems or the laws of the market economy or even the Grand Unified Theory of particle physics aside for a moment, what Frank Lampard said about MLS after "signing" was:
  • "The quality has gone up and up. We can see that. I’ve been watching games in the MLS back home for a long time now. The respect MLS has around the world has gone up huge amounts, and it’s the same for me."
  • "I know from talking in dressing rooms over the last years that players are interested in moving out here and playing. It might not have been the same five or 10 years ago, but certainly now they are."
And what he said about playing for NYCFC was:
  • "I’ve seen a real long-term plan from everyone involved in the club and I wanted to be a part of that"
  • "I'll give everything. I’d love to make the New York City fans see that in me and realize I’m a player that wants to show I’m a part of them so we can bring a team here that we’re very proud of. If I can do that I’ll go away a happy man."
(MLS: Frank Lampard says that move to New York City FC in Major League Soccer "ticks all the boxes", 7/24/2014)

Reactions: Narrowback gal
you posts in the past have been full of nonsense, half truths and speculation. You can understand why I and others are finding that comment a bit hard to swallow. Especially as others had gotten in and the comments earlier saying that you couldn't get on and then that you were banned.
My posts are filled with half truths??? You bury your head in the sand at every turn in Manchester's favor. We get it, you think you're a Manchester supporter.

What would I have to gain by making up a story about not being able to join Blue Moon for one post, and not even 24 hours later, joining?

Its almost as dumb as your "reasoning" on the Lampard situation.

My posts are filled with half truths??? You bury your head in the sand at every turn in Manchester's favor. We get it, you think you're a Manchester supporter.

What would I have to gain by making up a story about not being able to join Blue Moon for one post, and not even 24 hours later, joining?

Its almost as dumb as your "reasoning" on the Lampard situation.
Why do I think that you would make up a story? Because it fits in with your screed so well.