Mix To Nycfc! [unconfirmed Rumor]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought - has to be DP. Is the organization overpaying him to make it happen after the Lampard news.

Yankee fans will understand this - Yankees often find themselves negotiating against the selves and overpaying for players.
My first thought as well. We will be overpaying him to make up for the Lampard BS asap. I hope I we are both wrong though.

Reactions: Kjbert
Just a thought - has to be DP. Is the organization overpaying him to make it happen after the Lampard news.

Yankee fans will understand this - Yankees often find themselves negotiating against the selves and overpaying for players.

Well think about it as a new franchise we got a ton of allocation money.. how much? who the fuck knows that's the MLS little secret.

Here's a scenario that might make people hate MC less (probably not but eh its worth a try) what if by exercising the option to keep Lampard (I know he wasn't our player but extended their deal) buuuuuuut what if by exercising this option we got more allocation money to buy down his contract to get him as a non DP.

Could I be talking out of my ass ABSOLUTELY but this is a forum and that's what this is for.

Well think about it as a new franchise we got a ton of allocation money.. how much? who the fuck knows that's the MLS little secret.

Here's a scenario that might make people hate MC less (probably not but eh its worth a try) what if by exercising the option to keep Lampard (I know he wasn't our player but extended their deal) buuuuuuut what if by exercising this option we got more allocation money to buy down his contract to get him as a non DP.

Could I be talking out of my ass ABSOLUTELY but this is a forum and that's what this is for.
Thats why teams normally announce: We did this deal, we get x in return.

Not sure how or why MLS would give us allocation money for MCFC taking what was presented as our player, unless MC just straight up bribed them. Not out of the question given Garber's history of back room deals, but seems a pretty big reach.

Would be great if this is actually happening. Hopefully we hear something sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Would be great if this is actually happening. Hopefully we hear something sooner rather than later.

Also, if you guys didn't know, Mix is actually something of a frequent poster over at Big Soccer's forums. Here's what he had to say about any possible moves:

You just violated Mix's number one rule: don't spread his content from there. After he got outed in the media, maybe it's not as big of a deal. That was his one request, though.

And this, boys and girls, is why we can't have nice things.

Dude, you have to take happiness when you can.
I hear you there - it's been hard to come by so far.

I'm still a bit out on how good of a player Mix is. I think he's a technically gifted midfielder who can help us, but I just am not positive that he's a transcendent talent who will win us games on his own. For that reason, I'm pumped as all hell if it's a non-DP signing, and am just enthused if it's a DP signing. I really don't want to overpay for a guy like that.

I also am concerned that we've been down this "Mix to MLS" road a few times, and there's no confirmation from the club yet. His dad also brings a ton of drama with him.

Holding my judgement until we see him on the pitch, but I'm excited for the possibility for sure.

FWIW, the official MLS web site finally got around to updating their page this morning. The Petke news is confirmed, but nothing whatsoever in regards to Mix.

Color me skeptical, but I'll believe it when a contract is announced and all the fine print has been read.

You just violated Mix's number one rule: don't spread his content from there. After he got outed in the media, maybe it's not as big of a deal. That was his one request, though.

And this, boys and girls, is why we can't have nice things.
My mistake, I actually didn't know that.

I hear you there - it's been hard to come by so far.
I also am concerned that we've been down this "Mix to MLS" road a few times, and there's no confirmation from the club yet. His dad also brings a ton of drama with him.

Holding my judgement until we see him on the pitch, but I'm excited for the possibility for sure.

I agree. I am excited; however, I am curbing my enthusiasm until it is finalized...and I see him in a black jersey on March 8th in Orlando.

FWIW, the official MLS web site finally got around to updating their page this morning. The Petke news is confirmed, but nothing whatsoever in regards to Mix.
And with that being said:
4. PICK N’ MIX

Across the river, New York City FC are certainly keeping themselves in the limelight, as a new report indicates that NYCFC are currently finalizing a deal with US international midfielder Mix Diskerud, who has had multiple near-misses with other MLS clubs in the past.
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...laxy-red-bulls-need-new-coach-mix-diskerud-ru

Reactions: Kjbert and Vito
This would be the perfect signing. Without using a DP would be a true coup. I am going to resist celebrating until it's official (whatever that means, these days!) It would be great to truly be back on track here!

Color me skeptical, but I'll believe it when a contract is announced and all the fine print has been read.

Wait NYCFC actually signs contacts with people? That we can read?!?!?! MIND BLOWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.