Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. Chicago Fire FC
Saturday, August 24, 7:30 PM ET
Citi Field
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

Should we win our Leagues Cup match at Columbus on August 17, very likely that this match will be rescheduled and moved to RBA as we'd play in the semifinals and then either the finals or third place game.

Should we win our Leagues Cup match at Columbus on August 17, very likely that this match will be rescheduled and moved to RBA as we'd play in the semifinals and then either the finals or third place game.

They could probably squeeze it in at Yankee Stadium around September 11 (Yanks are in Texas/Chicago), or you can do it in October at Citi Field since the Mets aren't likely to be in the playoffs.

On the other hand - maybe we would get to host one of those at Citi Field since we have it reserved.

Chicago didn't make it out of the group stage of Leagues Cup and haven't played since August 1. So they'll have plenty of rest.

Just tracking MLS, they've only played two other matches since we last played Chicago in a 0-0 draw on July 13 where teams combined for 2 shots on target.

Chicago didn't make it out of the group stage of Leagues Cup and haven't played since August 1. So they'll have plenty of rest.

Just tracking MLS, they've only played two other matches since we last played Chicago in a 0-0 draw on July 13 where teams combined for 2 shots on target.

If I remember correctly the 0-0 draw was the game Nick admitted he was too conservative. Hopefully between that lesson learned and us being at home we come up aggressive and put the game away. Chicago is 2nd to last in the east, this is a game we need to win.

The "I think" is really unsettling. Is he good? Is he not good? Be decisive.

yea. you would think between the medical staff and the player himself, they would know for sure if he was ready to play or needs more time. a professional should know his body and the medical staff should have the ability to ascertain factual information about his injury to make a decision.

I would have to imagine he's closer to the end of the spectrum of starting. He made the bench the last two games and was going to come on at the end of the Tigres game, but there didn't end up being a break for the substitution to occur.

But also, Cushing's track record of providing complete and honest answers regarding injury status isn't the most reliable

Game Day Weather and Transit Report™, brought to you by Um, What State Did You Say Those Matches Are In?®

Weather: Nice!
Partly cloudy with temps in the upper- to mid-70s, no wind to speak of, sunset at 7:41pm.

Transit: Sorta OK. Maybe.
7 trains not running between Manhattan and Queens. Take the N/W to Queensboro Plaza to get the 7, or take the E/F/M/R to 74th Street. Or if you're feeling luxurious you can take the LIRR from Grand Central or Penn Station (possibly for free!).

Also, M moogoo , what the heck, dude?!? LOL

Game Day Weather and Transit Report™, brought to you by Um, What State Did You Say Those Matches Are In?®

Weather: Nice!
Partly cloudy with temps in the upper- to mid-70s, no wind to speak of, sunset at 7:41pm.

Transit: Sorta OK. Maybe.
7 trains not running between Manhattan and Queens. Take the N/W to Queensboro Plaza to get the 7, or take the E/F/M/R to 74th Street. Or if you're feeling luxurious you can take the LIRR from Grand Central or Penn Station (possibly for free!).

Also, M moogoo , what the heck, dude?!? LOL

my bad. did i ruin the game day routine? i wasn't thinking.