MLS Cup Playoffs - December 5 - Philadelphia (Away)

I share your regret we won't see Best 11s against each other, but any sense of asterisk-ness will dissipate almost immediately afterwards. Lots of major sporting contests have been decided or affected by injuries, flukes, bad calls, etc. Nobody cares (and probably rightly so).
Last year every sport went thru some sort of Frankenstein bastard format to get a champion, and nobody cares.
Especially considering that NYCFC will be without Taty, Parks, and Tinnerholm.

I guess I should clarify that the asterisk would be more of an informal "neither team was at full strength" kind of thing.

but you're both right, no one really cares in the end. in my mind, it just sucks we won't get to see a full on battle of two good teams.

this game will also be broadcast nationally on ABC... having both teams at full strength with an exciting game of quality soccer would have probably helped bring some eyes to MLS.

I'm going to philadelphia in the morning and then will probably head over to the stadium at around 1, to be there around 1:30.
I still have to figure out what lot to park in and how to park as close to the supporters as i can just for safety i guess

I ended up just getting a pass for lot C as it was one of the cheaper ones , there will be 5 of us so not concerned by the safety issue that much

Union are fully vaccinated (or at least everyone who traveled to their match at Montreal in October is)

Edit: Blake did not appear in the 18 for that match nor the Toronto match a few weeks later. I didnt check to see if any other players coincidentally missed those two games.

99% feels kinda shitty about the Union potentially being down so many players. I really wanted to beat them straight up.

But that 1%...

That 1% is the mustard seed in the back of my mind getting ready to bloom into an enormous bush. That bush will say 'Fuck Philadelphia'.

Regular feature in which two guys bet silly money they call "BAM" on MLS. They don't just do straight bets. Here's the combined props they make on this game:

$20 BAM! on Philly over NYCFC with both teams scoring. (+360)
$20 BAM! on Philly and NYCFC ending regulation tied 0-0. (+750)
$20 BAM! on Philadelphia over NYCFC with under 3.5 goals combined (+200)

Basically 2 bets on Philly, and one for a draw as of 90 minutes. None for NYCFC. Published 4 hours ago, and the Covid effect is not discussed. In fact the Union is described as "healthy." Obviously written before the news hit

Reactions: Kjbert
I see Philly’s site is doing a pre sale for mls cup tickets ….

this is not true.

they are selling 2022 season tickets and as a perk, you lock in a slot to buy tickets IF philly hosts MLS cup. they are not selling them at this time.

this is not true.

they are selling 2022 season tickets and as a perk, you lock in a slot to buy tickets IF philly hosts MLS cup. they are not selling them at this time.

your right I just glanced at it and did t read it correctly

this is not true.

Interesting though. This means they either have so few existing STHs they can guarantee seats for all of them despite what they have to allocate to MLS, or they plan to give priority to new customers over long time ones.

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo
Interesting though. This means they either have so few existing STHs they can guarantee seats for all of them despite what they have to allocate to MLS, or they plan to give priority to new customers over long-time ones.

I'm not sure what their numbers are but I can tell you from experience that their reps are aggressive about trying to get you to become a season ticket holder. We moved to the Philly area a few months ago and a neighbor wasn't using his tickets for the NYCFC game so he gave them to me. I had to enter my info in a portal to accept the transfer. About a week later a season ticket rep started trying to contact me. They called me 4 times and emailed me 5. After the second email, he started numbering the emails with each subject line starting with "3rd attempt to get in contact with you." It got to the point where I was starting to wonder if MLS has a sophisticated enough league-wide CRM that he somehow knew I had NYCFC season tickets for 5 years or if they just do this to everyone.

I'm not sure what their numbers are but I can tell you from experience that their reps are aggressive about trying to get you to become a season ticket holder. We moved to the Philly area a few months ago and a neighbor wasn't using his tickets for the NYCFC game so he gave them to me. I had to enter my info in a portal to accept the transfer. About a week later a season ticket rep started trying to contact me. They called me 4 times and emailed me 5. After the second email, he started numbering the emails with each subject line starting with "3rd attempt to get in contact with you." It got to the point where I was starting to wonder if MLS has a sophisticated enough league-wide CRM that he somehow knew I had NYCFC season tickets for 5 years or if they just do this to everyone.
You don’t even have to live near Philadelphia. A few years back they had a summer friendly against Swansea. I bought Away section tickets with my NYC address. I had reps contacting me until I wrote back and pointed out where I lived, etc.

Interesting though. This means they either have so few existing STHs they can guarantee seats for all of them despite what they have to allocate to MLS, or they plan to give priority to new customers over long time ones.
Or........they know they are going to lose but they are trying to use this free hook while they got it!

Where did you move down there?