MLS Cup Playoffs - December 5 - Philadelphia (Away)

It's really awful that Philly is only giving us 100 tickets or whatever. I know it's a smaller stadium than Gillette, but Gillette was almost fully sold out (for soccer) with 25,000 fans, and we had 1,000 fans there. This stadium is 18,500. We should be getting at least 500 tickets. Completely bush league by Philly. And if that really is the maximum required by MLS, then the league needs to change that rule. Especially for the playoffs. Away days should be celebrated in this league like they are around the world.

Sounds a bit crazy but I’m trying to psych myself into it’s a good thing Taty won’t play this game. He has scored in his last 4 games and that means that he’s statistically due a game without a goal so now it forces someone to step up so that he will be well rested for the cup final.

I'm probably going to go into Philadelphia proper prior to the game. Leave new york very early, get to philly early, do some sightseeing. Anyone got a recommendation of best time to arrive to Philadelphia / depart from center of town to get to the stadium in time to go in with the third rail?
Or, alternatively, can I get into the supporter section even after they go into the stadium? (I guess if i get my ticket via the mail then i can right?)

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm probably going to go into Philadelphia proper prior to the game. Leave new york very early, get to philly early, do some sightseeing. Anyone got a recommendation of best time to arrive to Philadelphia / depart from center of town to get to the stadium in time to go in with the third rail?
Or, alternatively, can I get into the supporter section even after they go into the stadium? (I guess if i get my ticket via the mail then i can right?)
People with tickets in the away supporters section (purchased through Third Rail/Front Office) will likely go into the stadium at 2 PM, so it's best to meet around 1:30 PM to get a wristband and march in together for safety.

Reactions: Shwafta
Step One: Relocate.

View attachment 11605

To be fair to Mr. Lowery, it's a headline SNAFU. He properly discusses the East in the article text.

This article points to what I mentioned earlier. If we win this game, it will be with creativity and quick passes. Crosses from the width will be largely unsuccessful without our best aerial threat and against their two, very tall CBs. That's exactly what Philly want us to do. We will need to win this game on the ground and that means quick, creative passes and lots of movement.

whoops. Yeah, you're right. In europe isn't it like 10% or something?

That is actually ridiculous!

I'm actually going to drive myself. Do you know how I can park by the third rail tailgate ,or where I can park so i can enter the NYCFC away group before we go into the stadium?
Also wondering if anyone is familiar with the parking there , I see some lots are 45 versus others at 32 wondering if anyone knew what the difference was … car wash and wax included maybe

Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta
So thinking more about the actual game, you have to hope NYCFC didn’t expound so much energy beating the Revs that they don’t have anything left.

The Revs are so much better than Philly it’s ridiculous. Philly doesn’t have one player as good as Turner, Tajon, Bou, Gil or Buksa. (You can argue a push with Blake / Turner). It really is a battle of the collective vs individual brilliance.

Reactions: moogoo and LionNYC
Do people even think when they try to make a point?

Ian tweeted that the NYCFC FO asked for 2,000 tickets. Obviously they weren't getting that. But only 200 tickets is pretty ridiculous, and I hope we reciprocate if we're ever in the same situation. This is complete BS. Obviously it serves the Union to have as many of their fans in the house and they have a smaller stadium, but they could have -- and should have -- done better than 200 tickets. Hopefully this situation forces MLS to evaluate its policies, because this is not a good way to do business.

Had they even given us 500 tickets, I don't think we're seeing the outrage that we're seeing. 200 is just laughable for a conference final. The league should absolutely have different policies in the playoffs, especially in the East where you're so much more likely to have teams be so close to each other.

View attachment 11607

Philly fans are shook. They're so afraid we're going to take over their stadium on Sunday. On Reddit they're trying to verify buyers by searching their social media posts.
I saw another tweet or Facebook post yesterday while searching where some of their fans were threatening any of their fellow sth's who's seats fall into enemy hands!

Ian tweeted that the NYCFC FO asked for 2,000 tickets. Obviously they weren't getting that. But only 200 tickets is pretty ridiculous, and I hope we reciprocate if we're ever in the same situation. This is complete BS. Obviously it serves the Union to have as many of their fans in the house and they have a smaller stadium, but they could have -- and should have -- done better than 200 tickets. Hopefully this situation forces MLS to evaluate its policies, because this is not a good way to do business.

Had they even given us 500 tickets, I don't think we're seeing the outrage that we're seeing. 200 is just laughable for a conference final. The league should absolutely have different policies in the playoffs, especially in the East where you're so much more likely to have teams be so close to each other.

I feel like I'm missing something in all of this. Why does the number of tickets allocated to the team matter when anyone can just go online and buy a ticket? I could understand the outrage if the only way to get in the stadium for an NYCFC fan was via these allocated tickets but we are all free to buy tickets the same way philly fans are directly through the website. Are the supporter's tickets significantly cheaper or is it about being in the away section so everyone is together? Sorry if I'm being dense I am just not understanding the level of conversation this is causing.

View attachment 11607

Philly fans are shook.
They're so afraid we're going to take over their stadium on Sunday. On Reddit they're trying to verify buyers by searching their social media posts.

lol i didnt think it was this bad. i mean it could be what 1K nycfc fans at most? i dont see why they shook...lol.

I feel like I'm missing something in all of this. Why does the number of tickets allocated to the team matter when anyone can just go online and buy a ticket? I could understand the outrage if the only way to get in the stadium for an NYCFC fan was via these allocated tickets but we are all free to buy tickets the same way philly fans are directly through the website. Are the supporter's tickets significantly cheaper or is it about being in the away section so everyone is together? Sorry if I'm being dense I am just not understanding the level of conversation this is causing.

normally supporters section are cheaper. for STH it was $10 for the ticket but not sure what NE price was.

Reactions: Kjbert