MLS Cup Playoffs - November 21 - Atlanta (Home)

The way I read it is they think someone shot a gun outside the stadium, and the bullet somehow hit someone inside. It appears it didn't do damage? But that metal fragment of a bullet indicates that at the very least something happened near the stadium. And for it to happen right at full-time says we're lucky there were no injuries.
"A metal fragment was recovered at the scene but it's unclear where the injury came from, police said."

Metal fragment, not bullet fragment.

"A metal fragment was recovered at the scene but it's unclear where the injury came from, police said."

Metal fragment, not bullet fragment.

More information on this from the NY Post (hey, look, actual coverage from the NY Post on NYCFC!)

A man was struck in the finger by an “unknown projectile” that apparently whizzed into Yankee Stadium during NYCFC’s playoff game Sunday evening, cops said.

The 25-year-old victim was sitting up near the jumbotron area at the stadium on East 161st Street — next to the subway tracks — around 5 p.m. when he felt pain in a finger on his left hand, cops said.

He was taken to Bellevue Hospital with injuries “consistent with a gunshot wound,” but it was not confirmed early Monday whether a bullet had struck the victim, police said.

No shooting was reported inside the Bronx stadium, and the projectile appeared to have come from outside, cops said.

NYCFC beat Atlanta United 2-0 in the first round of the MLS playoffs to advance to the Eastern Conference Semifinals.

Reactions: Kjbert and joe
I honestly don't understand this. Coming from, say, celtic, where they get close to 60k a game, how can it really be that special? It has to be coach talk right? I see coaches all the time saying "Our fans are the best fans" and surely it's just a talk tactic... right?
I saw it as a sort of olive branch/forgive and forget the signs a few games ago

Barco is Taty’s antics without any real product. How many times did Barco flop trying to get a call? What a whiny player. And to think Barco was valued like another Martinez/Almiron while Taty wasn’t on the radar. Hard work pays off.

The Barco experience:
1) get ball
2) dribble flashily past 1-2 players 50 yards from goal
3) stagnate and not know what to do
4) lose ball
5) flop and look for a foul
Not exactly disagreeing with you but what I saw from Barco was that he was working his butt off with very little support from anyone else on their team. I think your Step 3 is when he runs out of gas or out of room because there aren't any better options, which is what causes Step 4. Not complaining at all, mind you, but he seemed pretty good to me but just didn't have anyone available to work with.

Reactions: mgarbowski
FOR BARCO
giphy.gif

This was the most vocal I was all game saying things to the sideline referee, 4th official, and Brooks Lennon himself. How does a fan know the rules live at a match more than the referees? Another textbook yellow card missed.
pathetic. also, the elbow to the head martinez gave alfredo... he knows he gets away with that shit. scored a goal two years ago after going over chanot(?) while giving him a blow to the back of the head. Jordan Rules.

Reactions: Kjbert
The way I read it is they think someone shot a gun outside the stadium, and the bullet somehow hit someone inside. It appears it didn't do damage? But that metal fragment of a bullet indicates that at the very least something happened near the stadium. And for it to happen right at full-time says we're lucky there were no injuries.
Full time was at 5:38 (from looking back the time stamp on my DVR). Still a strange and somewhat scary situation.

I suppose it's possible that there was a metal fragment thrown off the tracks or a crazy ricochet from a bullet.

EDIT - something amiss from my DVR. Was 5:08.

Last edited:
Full time was at 5:38 (from looking back the time stamp on my DVR). Still a strange and somewhat scary situation.

I suppose it's possible that there was a metal fragment thrown off the tracks or a crazy ricochet from a bullet.

Game started at 3:18. I remember looking at my watch with a couple minutes left, and it was about 5:10.

Game started at 3:18. I remember looking at my watch with a couple minutes left, and it was about 5:10.

it was 5:06 when the ref signaled 3 minutes of stoppage time (which would have ended the game at 5:09 except for the injury, yelling between Josef and SJ, and then the ATL corner kick).

Just watched something that I thought was a clear foul from my seat last night.
@ 42:03.
Anybody?

I’m happy others are complaining about the food. It’s embarrassing.

Two games in a row I’ve asked for a burger with no bun for my son. We have Celiac disease. Since the GF stand hs been closed most match days, I need to get him a hot dog or hamburger with no bun. Two games in a row they couldn’t figure out how to do this. Both times I was told “you can just take it off the bun.” Both occasions - they didn’t have any forks or knives either. And they’re slow as shit. It’s a fucking job, show a little hustle and stop being a moron.

it was 5:06 when the ref signaled 3 minutes of stoppage time (which would have ended the game at 5:09 except for the injury, yelling between Josef and SJ, and then the ATL corner kick).
I think you guys are right. I timestamped the end of the game from my DVR - right now it is showing 2:08 into the broadcast, which is 5:08.

I’m happy others are complaining about the food. It’s embarrassing.

Two games in a row I’ve asked for a burger with no bun for my son. We have Celiac disease. Since the GF stand hs been closed most match days, I need to get him a hot dog or hamburger with no bun. Two games in a row they couldn’t figure out how to do this. Both times I was told “you can just take it off the bun.” Both occasions - they didn’t have any forks or knives either. And they’re slow as shit. It’s a fucking job, show a little hustle and stop being a moron.
That's insane. Those are simple food regulations. It's for this reason that I only get non-certified-kosher things from shops that I know handle no meat etc, because I just can't trust at all anything going on back there, even as simple as fries.

That's insane. Those are simple food regulations. It's for this reason that I only get non-certified-kosher things from shops that I know handle no meat etc, because I just can't trust at all anything going on back there, even as simple as fries.
The good people are usually nice at Yankee stadium but they’re poorly trained or just don’t give two shits. For $13 a hot dog, give two shits. Please.

Kind of an odd point, but i think this might be my favorite scoring pattern for a win: 2 goals early in the second half and then finish 2-0.
Marc, I usually respect your opinion, but on this, nope. Best score line is 3-2 with a scoring pattern of us (ecstasy), them (disappointment), them (agony), us (hope), us (ECSTASY!!!!!!). This is the scoring pattern sports were made for.