MLS Cup Playoffs - November 21 - Atlanta (Home)

Sean Johnson had words for Martinez both during the game and afterward (as noted by @
VernonJohn
VernonJohn). He was very direct and angry. At first, I thought this was due to something between them, maybe whatever it was that left Johnson injured
SJ has a number of very consistent time wasting tactics that are as predictable as Chanot going down with a head injury from anything harsher than a brush of a feather. One of SJ's tactics is picking a fight with the opposing striker. If Atlanta is up or the game is tied, SJ doesn't have any beef with Martinez.

Marc, I usually respect your opinion, but on this, nope. Best score line is 3-2 with a scoring pattern of us (ecstasy), them (disappointment), them (agony), us (hope), us (ECSTASY!!!!!!). This is the scoring pattern sports were made for.
Lol, I do love a comeback, but I hate the part of the game when you're trailing even more.
Of course a comeback win creates better long-term memories. But for the best balanced entire in-game experience, I'll stick to my score-after-halftime-hold-on for 2-0 pattern. But there's no right answer to this.

While we're discussing potential fouls in the social media thread because of the BTS video, I thought I would mention a play at around 69:20. The TV video gives a poor look, so you had to be there, and at the right angle, but Taty was pulled down from behind in the box when a defender got a good grab of his jersey. Penso looked right at it, but might have had a poor angle as he was in front of Taty and possibly shielded from being able to see the grab. I was sitting in left field foul territory with a clear view and it looked for all the world like a foul. TV doesn't really do it justice. Everyone around me thought it was a foul. I've seen almost no mention of it anywhere on the web, except a couple of tweets in real time who thought Taty dived, probably based on the TV view.

While we're discussing potential fouls in the social media thread because of the BTS video, I thought I would mention a play at around 69:20. The TV video gives a poor look, so you had to be there, and at the right angle, but Taty was pulled down from behind in the box when a defender got a good grab of his jersey. Penso looked right at it, but might have had a poor angle as he was in front of Taty and possibly shielded from being able to see the grab. I was sitting in left field foul territory with a clear view and it looked for all the world like a foul. TV doesn't really do it justice. Everyone around me thought it was a foul. I've seen almost no mention of it anywhere on the web, except a couple of tweets in real time who thought Taty dived, probably based on the TV view.
Is that the one where Penso just stood still and stared at him for like 5 seconds? I remember that play, I haven't thought about it until now tbh. I don't remember any of the players complaining either, though.

SJ has a number of very consistent time wasting tactics that are as predictable as Chanot going down with a head injury from anything harsher than a brush of a feather. One of SJ's tactics is picking a fight with the opposing striker. If Atlanta is up or the game is tied, SJ doesn't have any beef with Martinez.
I hear you, but he was also jawing at Martinez after the game was over and after Johnson had spent a couple minutes being tended to by the trainers.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Marc, I usually respect your opinion, but on this, nope. Best score line is 3-2 with a scoring pattern of us (ecstasy), them (disappointment), them (agony), us (hope), us (ECSTASY!!!!!!). This is the scoring pattern sports were made for.

I was going to post this scenario as well. It was our win over the Red Bulls when Villa had his hat trick. The back-and-forth of emotions was tremendous. When Red Bull went up 2-1 and started chanting "who's your daddy" - and then Villa bagged two goals, and we chanted "go back to New Jersey". It was heaven.

Plus, the Thanksgiving game broke some records. Can't believe it took MLS that long to get a game on Turkey Day.

Not going to happen next season, BTW, as the season ends early for the World Cup.

Reactions: Shwafta