MLS Cup Playoffs - November 21 - Atlanta (Home)

I will post a pretty negative food situation. At halftime, my kids wanted ice cream, and so they went to the only concession stand that has any - the one behind the supporters. They stood in line the whole half only to find that they had run out of ice cream. No other desserts. I agreed to stand in a different line to get them M&Ms, and I missed Taty's goal.

The food situation, which was always bad, has become unacceptable. Too many stands closed. Too few options. Bad beer everywhere and only a few places with decent brews. Nothing on draft. The pandemic has become a big excuse for Yankee Stadium to stop trying at all. It needs to be better next year.
Beer and food were atrocious yesterday when it came to accessibility. Most drafts from the beer area behind supporters were apparently all out and the only options at the other locations were tall boys of Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, and some weird ass Jack Daniels Cocktail mix? Half the fridges had nothing in them. I understand wanting to get rid of items prior to closing for the winter but... that was terrible.
I wasn't going to complain because we got them for free, but since we're doing this -- the hot chocolates we got were terrible. I agree, the food situation all year was abysmal. Does anyone know if it was mostly the same at Yankee games, or did they open more windows and vendors than for the soccer matches?

What happened in that scuffle between santi? and barco, when santi is being subbed out? All of a sudden i look up and the teammates were separating them.

Reactions: Kjbert
Beer and food were atrocious yesterday when it came to accessibility. Most drafts from the beer area behind supporters were apparently all out and the only options at the other locations were tall boys of Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, and some weird ass Jack Daniels Cocktail mix? Half the fridges had nothing in them. I understand wanting to get rid of items prior to closing for the winter but... that was terrible.

yeah I took it as, they expect yesterday to be the last game of the season at YS and we’re limiting what was available / giving stuff away

yeah the usual small stand where I would grab the hazy little IPAs seemed to be almost completely out of beer except bud lights and that weird Jack Daniels.

Concessions have been a total mess since the Yankees season ended, either closed vendor stations, ridiculous lines at the ones that were open (I gave up just looking at the lines for decision day), or lack of usual (yet still shitty) options.

Bring on games at Citi if it’s only for the beer selection.

Kind of an odd point, but i think this might be my favorite scoring pattern for a win: 2 goals early in the second half and then finish 2-0.

Obviously scoring early has its own joys, but a scoreless first half builds tension, and it is a different kind of tension than the anxiety of watching your team trying to maintain an early lead. So delaying the scoring to the second half creates a nice contrast between the halves. Then the pair of goals early in the second half sets the course, with the 2 goal cushion being the perfect balance of comfort and tension. There's a reason it's called the most dangerous lead in soccer, yet if you never give up that first goal the anxiety is kept at a manageable level, but you're never so comfortable that you lose the tension that adds to the fun.

Aaaaahhh

To me the biggest moment was Sean Johnson’s save on Josef in the 60th (?) minute. It was Josef’s first real transition moment in the game and that was pretty much Atlanta’s biggest threat. He scores there and it’s 25+ minutes of yikes time.

And yes, the joy of being 2 goals up with the anxiety of one mistake and it’s a game again is a nice place to be.

What happened in that scuffle between santi? and barco, when santi is being subbed out? All of a sudden i look up and the teammates were separating them.

Don't know for sure, but to me, it seemed like santi was taking a little extra time getting off the field and barco took offense to that. They exchanged words and things got a little heated. Not much more than that.

Reactions: Fantazma
Surprised no one has said this yet, but after Taty scored he ran over to the bench, hugged Ronny then held up a Parks jersey. The social media team didn’t mention it either. Nice moment. Obviously it’s hard to tell from the outside, and we’ve mentioned it a lot, but this might be the closest knit team we’ve had. Could make a difference. (Or not. What the hell do I know.) They may not be the flashiest group we’ve seen play at Yankee Stadium and despite their ups and downs this year they’re hard working and fun to root for. Whatever happens from here on forward I’ll be proud of what they’ve accomplished. Hoping for the best!!

I did see a picture of him holding up the jersey somewhere on twitter. Either the club posted it or taty did and the club retweeted it.

On the food situation, another Legends data point. They've been using plastic utensils and cups for wine/beer/alcohol all season in Legends. For a premium product, it's very disappointing.

I remember watching that live and wondering the same thing. Looked up the rule, and it easily could have been a caution.

=====
An opponent who unfairly distracts or impedes the thrower (including moving closer than 2 m (2 yds) to the place where the throw-in is to be taken) is cautioned for unsporting behaviour, and if the throw-in has been taken, an indirect free kick is awarded.

This was the most vocal I was all game saying things to the sideline referee, 4th official, and Brooks Lennon himself. How does a fan know the rules live at a match more than the referees? Another textbook yellow card missed.

Atlanta’s heads were somewhere else. Example 1: On the first goal, sure they got confused by the bounce, but how the hell do you let the Golden Boot winner get that much time and space at the far post on a corner in the first place?
I will note, that this has been a theme all season long and Atlanta is just one of many teams to give Taty way too much space at the back post on a corner.

It reminds me of Travis Kelce and Davante Adams in the NFL. They're like two of the most dangerous receiving options in the NFL yet defenses always just seem to "leave them open". I think it has a lot more to do with scheme from the coaching staff and smart execution from the players.

I wasn't going to complain because we got them for free, but since we're doing this -- the hot chocolates we got were terrible. I agree, the food situation all year was abysmal. Does anyone know if it was mostly the same at Yankee games, or did they open more windows and vendors than for the soccer matches?

They did not have all concessions open for Yankees games. Most of the mobile ones were closed, if I remember. And I only went to 1 or 2 Yankees games this year, but it did seem like food options were worse. There's definitely a COVID issue with concessions, which is frustrating.

Also here's that link to the story about the shooting. Happened at 5:15, so it happened right around full-time. So someone apparently shot a gun right as 25,000 people were leaving the stadium. Scary.

He definitely shoved him, I watched as he pushed him

I took my dad to the game; he's not really a sports fan but enjoys going to games and otherwise doesn't watch. Throughout the second half I was telling him about the "dark arts" of stalling, and telling him how they were doing it. "Don't they add time at the end anyway?"

I told him they do, but they never add enough. He got quite a kick out of that the rest of the game. LOL.

He was going off very slowly and taking his time and Barco went up to him and just shoved him real hard from the back. It was annoyance at the stall tactic

Barco is Taty’s antics without any real product. How many times did Barco flop trying to get a call? What a whiny player. And to think Barco was valued like another Martinez/Almiron while Taty wasn’t on the radar. Hard work pays off.

The Barco experience:
1) get ball
2) dribble flashily past 1-2 players 50 yards from goal
3) stagnate and not know what to do
4) lose ball
5) flop and look for a foul

Reactions: VernonJohn
Stop saying someone got shot at the game and read the article. Someone’s hand started hurting and a “metal fragment” was found “nearby”. Not a bullet, not a gunshot wound, totally irresponsible headline.

Reactions: 413Blue and Shwafta
Stop saying someone got shot at the game and read the article. Someone’s hand started hurting and a “metal fragment” was found “nearby”. Not a bullet, not a gunshot wound, totally irresponsible headline.

The way I read it is they think someone shot a gun outside the stadium, and the bullet somehow hit someone inside. It appears it didn't do damage? But that metal fragment of a bullet indicates that at the very least something happened near the stadium. And for it to happen right at full-time says we're lucky there were no injuries.

I took my dad to the game; he's not really a sports fan but enjoys going to games and otherwise doesn't watch. Throughout the second half I was telling him about the "dark arts" of stalling, and telling him how they were doing it. "Don't they add time at the end anyway?"

I told him they do, but they never add enough. He got quite a kick out of that the rest of the game. LOL.

speaking of dark arts... i wish chanot would work on his dark arts of fouling without getting caught. 2nd time we've tried to run that pick play on a corner and 2nd time chanot has been called for an obvious foul. he needs to work on that

I will post a pretty negative food situation. At halftime, my kids wanted ice cream, and so they went to the only concession stand that has any - the one behind the supporters. They stood in line the whole half only to find that they had run out of ice cream. No other desserts. I agreed to stand in a different line to get them M&Ms, and I missed Taty's goal.

The food situation, which was always bad, has become unacceptable. Too many stands closed. Too few options. Bad beer everywhere and only a few places with decent brews. Nothing on draft. The pandemic has become a big excuse for Yankee Stadium to stop trying at all. It needs to be better next year.
That's why we bring our own food. We bring chips, hot dogs, jamon serrano, baguette, and alioli in our bag.....saves us a bunch of money plus better what they have in stadium...and for past 2 games we have brought mini box wines......saved so much money