MLS is Back Tournament - 2020

So MLS being MLS there was no actual bracket to be found. So I made one myself. If we take TFC, we would have to play winner of POR/LAFC v NJRB the next round. A tasty matchup to say the least. If we get SJ, we'd have play the winner of CLB v MNU. Better chance to advance to Semis, even with how CLB is playing. Though not as interesting from a story perspective.

View attachment 10849

you're welcome.
You're a beautiful man.

I'd definitely prefer the columbus track, but the other would be a lot more fun. heh.

• Love
Reactions: adam
You're a beautiful man.

I'd definitely prefer the columbus track, but the other would be a lot more fun. heh.

Well I just figured out the logic. If Groups E & F don't advance a 3. NJ wining and LAG winning, then we have to play SJ.

Reactions: Kjbert
SJE might be somewhat more open and exciting due to their man marking and also that their games are generally more entertaining.

Toronto? Another low scoring game decided by a Jozy BS penalty or an unforced NYC error.

Here is a sobering thought...
NYCFC has the second lowest goals scored this year. The only team with less is an expansion team (Nashville) that isn’t even playing in the tournament.

Reactions: Kjbert
If we advance, we are playing Toronto.

I made a mistake, realized as I was writing it down and not doing it in my head:

ORL can only play CDE
TFC can only play ABF
SJ can only play ACD
D winner can only play BEF

If CIN holds and LAG draws/win, then there won't be a team from E or F. So now it looks like this:

ORL can only play CD
TFC can only play AB
SJ can only play ACD
D winner can only play B

So:

ORL can only play CD
TFC can only play A
SJ can only play ACD
D winner can only play B

So:

ORL can only play CD
TFC can only play A
SJ can only play CD
D winner can only play B

Six minutes of stoppage! one goal by NJ here could ruin everything

For the record, we've had far more yellow cards than Red Bulls, and we've had over 40 fouls in this tournament. Plus the two players fined for embellishment. I'd be shocked if we had fewer disciplinary points than Red Bulls. Cincy better hold its clean sheet here.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Six minutes of stoppage! one goal by NJ here could ruin everything

nope. It would Come down to disciplinary points if it’s 2-1. I have no idea where that stands.