MLS - September 25 - Red Bulls (Home)

I wonder if Ronny will go 3 ATB with Morales in the middle and Sands on the right.

The 3 ATB worked great last night after the team settled into it 20 minutes in (having not played the formation in so long, I think they just needed some game time to get back into it). Ronny also said post game something along the lines of he wouldn't change things that were working.

i would go as far as to put tinny as the right CB in a 3ATB with sands in the middle. bring gray or gloster on for RWB. Morales can stay on the bench. his ball watching and lazy defending drives me up the wall.

I know this is the wrong thread, but I dont care!!!! Anyone need 2 tickets for the RB game? P.S. nobody check the ticket thread so let me put it here.

i would go as far as to put tinny as the right CB in a 3ATB with sands in the middle. bring gray or gloster on for RWB. Morales can stay on the bench. his ball watching and lazy defending drives me up the wall.

Has Tinnerholm ever played CB in a 3ATB setup? And I thought Gray and Gloster were injured, but maybe they're OK now.

They're gonna have to switch things up, whether Deila wants to or not. I predict a return to the 4-2-3-1, something like: Johnson, Gudi, Callens, Sands, Tinnerholm, Acevedo, Morales, Thiago, Maxi, ITS, Castellanos. Bench of Mizell, Malte, Jasson, Rocha, Magno, Medina, Heber. Maybe Zelalem for Rocha.

Has Tinnerholm ever played CB in a 3ATB setup? And I thought Gray and Gloster were injured, but maybe they're OK now.

They're gonna have to switch things up, whether Deila wants to or not. I predict a return to the 4-2-3-1, something like: Johnson, Gudi, Callens, Sands, Tinnerholm, Acevedo, Morales, Thiago, Maxi, ITS, Castellanos. Bench of Mizell, Malte, Jasson, Rocha, Magno, Medina, Heber. Maybe Zelalem for Rocha.
I know this is like probably the least thing to pick at regarding lineups but why Mizell over Barraza?

nah he hasn't. but i am just so down on morales, i'd rather put anybody there over morales as a third CB. or change formation back to 4-2-3-1. i was just going based on ronny's "if it ain't broke don't fix it" comment and assuming he'll stick to the same formation. but with chanot missing, that will be difficult.

playing at home, i think he should switch to a more offensive formation so he can get more attackers on the field. i'm sure this is in the back of his mind as well.. so we may see a formation change for that reason too.

Reactions: sabertooth36
I think with Chanot out we'll go back to four in the back. No need to over-complicate this, let's play our best team.

--Taty
Thiago-Maxi-Isi
Acevedo-Morales
Gudi-Callens-Sands-Tinnerholm

Any official word on an appeal to the Parks red? I know those appeals are usually unsuccessful, but let's hope they get it right.

so they can’t appeal because PRO can’t get a few people together to review a call in four days? How can they have an appeal process if it is not applicable to a normal length of time in between games?

Once again PRO is ridiculously incompetent.

EDIT: BB clarified that it was Ronny who wouldn’t have time to game prep, not that PRO couldn’t do the appeal in time. That makes more sense.

carry on.

Reactions: danger and LionNYC
I think with Chanot out we'll go back to four in the back. No need to over-complicate this, let's play our best team.

--Taty
Thiago-Maxi-Isi
Acevedo-Morales
Gudi-Callens-Sands-Tinnerholm

yeah I think so too. Thiago and Isi give quite a different look from Wednesday’s more defensive formation - both of them will provide more direct and aggressive offensive play. I like it.

Reactions: JCMore
yeah I think so too. Thiago and Isi give quite a different look from Wednesday’s more defensive formation - both of them will provide more direct and aggressive offensive play. I like it.
TBH if Santi is available I'd mush rather see him start instead of Thiago, with Thiago being a sub for Santi or Isi in the 70th minute. Santi's press against RB would be a welcome addition. Taty and Santi have a good partnership with their 1-2s, whereas it seems Thiago and Talles haven't formed the same bond yet with Taty.

Reactions: JCMore
TBH if Santi is available I'd mush rather see him start instead of Thiago, with Thiago being a sub for Santi or Isi in the 70th minute. Santi's press against RB would be a welcome addition. Taty and Santi have a good partnership with their 1-2s, whereas it seems Thiago and Talles haven't formed the same bond yet with Taty.
If Santi wasn't coming off an injury I'd agree, but hamstrings are easily tweaked and I'd rather have him as a reserve option in case Maxi gets hurt rather than a starter.

so they can’t appeal because PRO can’t get a few people together to review a call in four days? How can they have an appeal process if it is not applicable to a normal length of time in between games?

Once again PRO is ridiculously incompetent.

EDIT: BB clarified that it was Ronny who wouldn’t have time to game prep, not that PRO couldn’t do the appeal in time. That makes more sense.

carry on.
Ronny also included within his response that he didn't think the appeal would likely result in it being overturned. While he mentioned he definitely thought it was the wrong call and he disagreed with it, he added that he's not certain there's anything clear and obvious to overturn the red card decision if appealed

Going to the game after work. I know the bag policy, but can I bring a laptop?

no laptops in YS. If you need to check your bag, the parking garage around the corner from the sports bars has lockers that you can use to store your bag (I think it is $10). One of the sports apparel stores there also has lockers but I believe it was $20 the last time I used them.

Reactions: moogoo and JCMore
Found through MLS Media Box which is public. Announced first here:

REF: Armando Villarreal
AR1: Cameron Blanchard
AR2: Logan Brown
4TH: Marcos DeOliveira
VAR: Carol Anne Chenard
AVAR: Claudiu Badea

that's what it says on MLS matchcenter too.

villareal tends to call soft games and it'll probably be another choppy game tonight. but maybe PRO had a discussion with him since elfath's shitshow and he'll let a lot of things go tonight. who knows.

all i know is.. i need a monster game out of everyone tonight, especially morales and sands.

i want the red bulls to beg for mercy.