MLS - September 25 - Red Bulls (Home)

Looks like Wednesday's game didn't exist. Club email says tonight's game is "Derby game 1"

We were hot during the streak of improper countdown clock emails, perhaps this will be the start of a subject error email streak!

Reactions: moogoo
#RonnyOut

Lost the game since the 11th minute. Ronny lost on tactics. Players lost on guts.

Team has no attitude. No swagger. That's why we'll never win anything. Derby game at home. Your biggest crowd in almost 2 years and you play with fear the entire game.

I would imagine Ronny has lost the locker room. Time for some of the veteran guys to step up and take a leadership position. Looking at Johnson, Moralez, Chanot and Tinner.

Reactions: canchon
I would imagine Ronny has lost the locker room. Time for some of the veteran guys to step up and take a leadership position. Looking at Johnson, Moralez, Chanot and Tinner.

that's what happened last year and then Ring and Mata got traded.

#BringBackDome

Def. should have gotten a PK in the 1st half when Klimala took out Taty in the box. Same exact foul committed by Santi in the 2nd half was called. PRO inconsistencies go against us yet again.

Reactions: canchon
Admittedly, I Left around the 79th minute.
Not happy about that but with an early game tomorrow just seemed like an easy call. There was no feeling in the stadium. No belief. Right now it feels this vehicle has lost air in the tires, timing belt is loose, it’s burning oil… it’s just being driven until it can get to a repair station (end of the season). I am so underwhelmed about Magno. He seems to take too long to react or make decisions. Anybody got some positive reactions about this team tonight?

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Admittedly, I Left around the 79th minute.
Not happy about that but with an early game tomorrow just seemed like an easy call. There was no feeling in the stadium. No belief. Right now it feels this vehicle has lost air in the tires, timing belt is loose, it’s burning oil… it’s just being driven until it can get to a repair station (end of the season). I am so underwhelmed about Magno. He seems to take too long to react or make decisions. Anybody got some positive reactions about this team tonight?

Taty still our best player by a mile. that's my only positive.

Anybody got some positive reactions about this team tonight?
Why would we? We shit the bed tonight. Got outplayed by a shit Jersey team. Every player sucked.

I can only hope that Ronny is OUT, because this team is underperforming. We were FC Ray Charles out there - no vision, and when we could put a good pass out there, the recipient had a worse first touch than Andrew Cuomo.

Why, why would you throw the entire style of play this team is built for out the window against an opponent with inferior talent to yours in almost every position on the pitch? How would you not be prepared to play through a high press? Why would you double down and then triple down on a tactic that is producing no results?

Shocking, baffling management from Ronny. Really, I'd been warming up to him with our generally pretty decent play this season but this was just amateur hour garbage.

so he's blaming this loss on bad luck and bad refereeing? seriously?

wednesday - sure.... maybe. we still didn't finish the game off like a good team should.. or put 3-4 goals in the net against a red bulls team that struggled to do a single thing.

and tonight we were amateur rec league. johnson had a few good saves to keep the score 1-0. imagine if those had gone in and we lost 3 or 4-0 tonight. CAN YOU IMAGINE?

Definitely RonnyOut, but I bet he's not even on the hot seat. Dome probably told any and all decent coaches out there to just stay away cause you won't get the players you want, when you want. we're stuck with Ronny.

This game is a coach firing performance. They looked like they had no idea how RBNJ played and literally made the game so simple by playing right into RBNJ tactics.

You basically could rinse and repeat two patterns of play the entire game:

1. NYCFC tries to build out of the back and through midfield, eventually either a) misplaces a pass which turns into a 50-50 ball which inevitably lands at the feet of a RB player: lose possession or 2) try to move the ball on the ground through midfield and run into 2-3 players and turn it over. Usually this would happen before NYCFC got into RBNJ’s half. Ball coming the other way.

2. Launch a long ball to Taty who inevitably goes up against 2 (or more) CBs who go over the top and head the ball to a RB player. Ball coming the other way.

at one point it was the 3 attackers occupying the CBs and then a 20 yard gap to Maxi and 3-4 RB players in the midfield. Shameful positioning.

and even worse, Ronny did make some subs - at the half ones that did make sense - and yet they came out and WERE EVEN WORSE for the first 15 mins of the second half. No change in tactics at all. 65% possession is crap when it’s all on your half of the field passing the ball on your back line.

this team is cooked folks. I thought they would turn it on and finish as high as 2nd, but they are more like a 5-7 seed and the inevitable “we played well but just were unlucky” from Ronny after they lose at Orlando or Atlanta in the playoffs.

Why, why would you throw the entire style of play this team is built for out the window against an opponent with inferior talent to yours in almost every position on the pitch? How would you not be prepared to play through a high press? Why would you double down and then triple down on a tactic that is producing no results?

Shocking, baffling management from Ronny. Really, I'd been warming up to him with our generally pretty decent play this season but this was just amateur hour garbage.

Seriously, does Deila have no clue how RBNJ plays? If you know that they will high press, then practice beating a high press with crisp passing and you will win, not hoofing it long or passing it to RB players. It looks like they had no idea how to beat a press.

also, if Keaton Parks is so important that you can’t progress the ball past the midfield stripe without him, MAYBE YOU SHOULD APPEAL THE RED CARD instead of saying “it’s too late for me to adjust my lineup.”

its your first game at YS in a month against your biggest rival and you literally gave up after the first 10 minutes. They were unprepared and that’s on the coach.

Reactions: Keith Putnam
As my wife wisely observed, "They don't know where anyone else is going to be."

Losing to Jersey is frustrating. Losing to an inferior team is worse.

I still expect them to finish between 2nd and 4th and have a home game in the playoffs. For the rest of the season all I want is for the team to find its best 11, whatever it may be. There is more talent on this team than 75% of the league - figure the fuck out who is starting that game in November and get them some run.

Reactions: Sabo