MNUFC Postmatch

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
I missed the first half due to a birthday dinner and a dead phone (otherwise I would have been streaming).
Watched the entire second half and man did we dominate them.
Great match, great performances. They took their foot off the gas towards then end and we still had a lot of missed chances but nonetheless a great performance. Would of loved for Wallace to score on one of his chances, has to convert.

On the drive home I was listening to SiriusXM FC and they mentioned some lineup issues? Anyone care to elaborate?
I have to be up for work at 2 am so I'll read up in a few hours.

On the drive home I was listening to SiriusXM FC and they mentioned some lineup issues? Anyone care to elaborate?
I have to be up for work at 2 am so I'll read up in a few hours.

RJ Allen and Ehtan White showed up late so PV disciplined them by kicking White out of 18 and Allen to the bench. Then Mata got hurt in the 10th minute.

We are some team. Strong in most departments. It's all coming together and we are flourishing and showing dazzling style.
Johansen, White and RJ are still waiting for the ground to swallow them up. All will be fearing the future after their monumental errors of judgement.

2:51 am, maybe I'm in sleep deprived, but I'm deliriously pleased.

So Ucubed needs a new name. He's also useless when unmarked the last 3 weeks.

He had an absolute horror show of a match.

Reactions: Kjbert
Totally dominant from start to finish. I missed their goal but never thought the result was in doubt. Especially pleased for Tommy Mac who did very well. If you're still trying to make Ucubed happen, stop - you're not going to make Ucubed happen. Try another internet nickname.

Props for Ben Sweat too, who had a solid game. Lopez was surprisingly competent in the RB slot too. Fair play to Vieira for being the taskmaster, but that situation could've easily blown up in our faces if we'd been playing a team with any kind of plan going forward. As it was, Minnesota are comfortably the worst team we've played all season and all the players out of position barely looked uncomfortable at all.

I'll close by saying that David Villa is far too good for this league and I dread the day we have to replace him with a mere mortal.

Wow Johansson is god awful, you could see that Chanot had exactly zero faith in him and his ability to manage the sticks. We were picking up yellows and fouls left and right in order to keep the ball away from Johansson.

Also RJ Allen and Ethan White win the bonehead of the year award for showing up late to a team meeting and forcing the tactical insanity that was the first half of the game.

Mata was a classic case of rushing back from an injury and screwing yourself over in the process. Get back to where the doc says he's fine and keep him benched for another two weeks. That way he might be able to get some form back for a run in the playoffs. Realistically I'd just like to see him start the last 4-6 games to try and get a good understanding with the rest of the team. Mata is our most talented LB and Ben Sweat is the one we're going to have to play with for the vast majority of the season.

WRT Ben Sweat, he's going to want a big raise at the end of the year from the league minimum that he's on now. I love Sweat on league minimum as a very classy backup. I do not like him as our lockdown starter, aka what his wage demands will be. Trade bait anyone?

Villa is still class, but he's definitely lost a step from two years ago, and a half a step from last year. But he's so good it really doesn't matter.

Harrison is improving game by game, if we keep him next year it will probably have to be on a very high TAM contract or a DP contract. I honestly think he's going to somewhere in the Championship to get paid and promoted to the Premier League though. He's good, young, and English that is more than enough to get a good paycheck.

Mikey Lopez wasn't a catastrophe today?!? Did my eyes deceive me? (Note I didn't say he was good, I said he wasn't a catastrophe.)

Pirlo completely screws up the shape of the team, I don't think he gets many run outs against good or high pressing teams anymore. Or run outs unless we're up a goal or three. That really sucks to say.

Final point, we're a really good team, but we're kind of thin. But that is more of a function of MLS than anything else.

WHAT A NIGHT!!!!

First off thanks so much to SoupInNYC for those tickets.

Got there early and grabbed autographs from most of the players-damn you Villa and your special entrance.

I know this is old hat for most of you, but that was an incredible experience for me (I am blanking out the 20-30 minutes in the first half that we looked pretty bad).

I had never sat in a supporters section for a soccer game before, and gotta say that I am hooked. Almost lost my voice for a whole lot of screaming and cheering.

And even though it wasn't a hat trick, Villa scored an incredible goal right in front of me.

I'm ready to move to NY tomorrow just so I can get season tickets

Totally dominant from start to finish. I missed their goal but never thought the result was in doubt. Especially pleased for Tommy Mac who did very well. If you're still trying to make Ucubed happen, stop - you're not going to make Ucubed happen. Try another internet nickname.

Props for Ben Sweat too, who had a solid game. Lopez was surprisingly competent in the RB slot too. Fair play to Vieira for being the taskmaster, but that situation could've easily blown up in our faces if we'd been playing a team with any kind of plan going forward. As it was, Minnesota are comfortably the worst team we've played all season and all the players out of position barely looked uncomfortable at all.

I'll close by saying that David Villa is far too good for this league and I dread the day we have to replace him with a mere mortal.

Idk how you watched that game and came away with Tommy doing very well. He was easily the weak link tonight outside of Lurch.

How in the hell do you put Mikey on as a fullback with both Brillant and RJ on the bench? Ok, you wanted to teach RJ a lesson and he got one. But when Mata goes down he has to come on. Even if you absolutely had to keep punishing RJ at least put Brillant on. Just baffling to me.

Mikey played right back as if he was in his usual run into things pass sideways and backwards d-mid role.

Great result otherwise, could've been 6-1 with some luck or 6-0 with SJ out there.

WHAT A NIGHT!!!!

First off thanks so much to SoupInNYC for those tickets.

Got there early and grabbed autographs from most of the players-damn you Villa and your special entrance.

I know this is old hat for most of you, but that was an incredible experience for me (I am blanking out the 20-30 minutes in the first half that we looked pretty bad).

I had never sat in a supporters section for a soccer game before, and gotta say that I am hooked. Almost lost my voice for a whole lot of screaming and cheering.

And even though it wasn't a hat trick, Villa scored an incredible goal right in front of me.

I'm ready to move to NY tomorrow just so I can get season tickets

Brilliant to hear.

Idk how you watched that game and came away with Tommy doing very well. He was easily the weak link tonight outside of Lurch.

I don't think he was spectacular by any stretch, but there are plenty of people on here who are trying to hound him out in the name of finding a post-Saunders scapegoat. Check the stats and you'll probably see he did better than Herrera, who most people on here are racing to cream themselves over.