MNUFC Postmatch

Well I'm enjoying this stretch even if a bit of tonight was on the opponent being bad,

Hope SJ isn't gone for the whole Gold cup. Against better teams Lurch could cost us points.

Some neat and pretty passing though again against better opponents we need to put a few more of those shots on frame. Wallace and Ring in particular such solid players overall but they need to work on their shooting .

Mikey somehow managed to look a little better as a makeshift right back than in mid? Not that I want to see him do it again any time soon mind.

Jack is so good now. He actually arguably had a bit of an off night overall but still managed to pop up with a very good header for the win.

Villa with his usual hustle and spectacular finish could have had another one or two if everything fell right.

Saw someone on twitter (who must have been at their first ever match of ours tonight) that they found us playing "Back in The New York Groove" as out victory song odd as they associate it with the Mets. I've not been to a Met game since Shea can any Met fans on here confirm this?

Is Minnesota the worst team in the league? You Betcha! (sorry just finished Fargo season 3 had to squeeze a You Betcha in there )

If you believe that, you've revealed the value of your analysis as nil. Here's to hoping youre trolling.

Where did he fall short for you tonight? I think he should have buried that pullback in the first half, but beyond that I thought he did fine. More than able as a backup imo, but sure, keep pushing the "Ucubed" thing, it might catch on eventually.

Where did he fall short for you tonight? I think he should have buried that pullback in the first half, but beyond that I thought he did fine. More than able as a backup imo, but sure, keep pushing the "Ucubed" thing, it might catch on eventually.
Told you he needed a new nickname.

He was just a step off, always flailing about, mostly playing the wrong ball and generally 2 steps behind the play.

Oh, and he failed to get the shot you mentioned on frame and fell when had another open look.

I thought it was legit one of his worst ever games.

It's hard to draw too many conclusions from a game against such a poor team - that felt like watching a big team against minnows. I want to say it was like playing a second division side but given our record against the second division it doesn't seem right.

Anyway, suffice to say I felt certain we would win even after going down 1-0 and that's not a familiar feeling with this team.

Its such a relief to finally have a midfield with guts, it takes a huge load off of the defense. I think if our core of Ring-Herrera-Chanot-Callens can stay healthy we are *the* team to beat.

Mikey had a good game by his standards, and Sweat continued to impress going forward.

Pirlo looked good and I wouldn't mind seeing him start. I think ring and Herrera can make even Pirlo's ghost look good.

Told you he needed a new nickname.

He was just a step off, always flailing about, mostly playing the wrong ball and generally 2 steps behind the play.

Oh, and he failed to get the shot you mentioned on frame and fell when had another open look.

I thought it was legit one of his worst ever games.

Back to the drawing board for you, then. If you're road-testing material for a Liverpool forum or something, you're going to have to step up your game. They're never going to accept you otherwise, you know.

Back to the drawing board for you, then. If you're road-testing material for a Liverpool forum or something, you're going to have to step up your game. They're never going to accept you otherwise, you know.
Okay bud. He was the lowest rated starter on whoscored, with a 94% pass completion rate.

You know how hard that is to do?

Yeah. You got me.

I really can't be bothered by someone so incompetent when it comes to analysis.

Do yourself a favour and take the night off. You can call me out as incompetent on analysis when you learn to read numbers properly. I'm sorry the WhoScored data didn't back up your zany insights tonight.

Back to speaking with the rest of folks here who are interested in discussing the game and related facts:

Callens was a baller tonight. Pointed out to CatNYC in the first 10 minutes that he was making some savage underlapping runs into the box.

First goal: carbon copy of the run he'd made 4-5 times before.

That guy and Chanot have the talent to become a top, top CB pairing in the league.

Lopez was way better than his average.

Jack, as has been said, was really good. How good has he been lately? When Villa scored after that jinky run in the box, I 100% thought it was Jack.

Do yourself a favour and take the night off. You can call me out as incompetent on analysis when you learn to read numbers properly. I'm sorry the WhoScored data didn't back up your zany insights tonight.
Nah. I pointed out actual match analysis. You just said he was good because you're a troll.

Crawl back into your hole.

It's too easy to pull your chain and elicit another dumbass comment.

Last edited:
Nah. I pointed out actual match analysis. You just said he was good because you're a troll.

Crawl back into your hole.

It's too easy to pull your chain and illicit another dumbass comment.

If you're able to point to anything concrete that suggests this was his "worst ever game" then I'm all ears, but so far you've only pointed to WhoScored numbers that suggest he played slightly better than Herrera. I don't think the guy's a magician, but I think he did pretty well filling in for one of our best players, and he helped us win the game. The last two game have been pretty rough for your "Ucubed" narrative, but I'm hoping if you sober up I can illicit (sic) some kind of reasonable response from you. But if you want to keep up the persona then I get it.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
If you're able to point to anything concrete that suggests this was his "worst ever game" then I'm all ears, but so far you've only pointed to WhoScored numbers that suggest he played slightly better than Herrera. I don't think the guy's a magician, but I think he did pretty well filling in for one of our best players, and he helped us win the game. The last two game have been pretty rough for your "Ucubed" narrative, but I'm hoping if you sober up I can illicit (sic) some kind of reasonable response from you. But if you want to keep up the persona then I get it.
Okay. You know how you have a 94% pass rate as the attacking mid? By doing nothing to push the ball forward.

Frankly, I was just pointing out that a metric known to be skewed to "actions", as that's all they can measure, still didn't rate him as one of the better players.

Frankly, I've pointed to several instances where he shit the bed. You haven't pointed to anything he did well. Until you do, I'll consider you done blabbering.
(And I fixed the "illicit" before your post. Stupid is contagious, I guess. Fortunately, I'm a quick healer.)

just let it be... T-Mac is not a good player.