N.y.c. Fc Pass 16,000 Season Tickets

So I checked the Virtual Venue for season tickets (because I'd rather be doing anything besides work right now) and here's what we have left:

If I did the math right - there's only 564 tickets left in the green sections

The Legends, Champions, Delta sections and Sections 202, 203 and 204 are not purchasable via the website ticket locator and are far from sold out.

Reactions: Kjbert
The Legends, Champions, Delta sections and Sections 202, 203 and 204 are not purchasable via the website ticket locator and are far from sold out.

The problem with the Legends club is that everyone goes into the club during halftime and don't come out until the 65th minute, if they even come out at all. That's why it looks so empty.

The problem with the Legends club is that everyone goes into the club during halftime and don't come out until the 65th minute, if they even come out at all. That's why it looks so empty.
I disagree. The problem with the Legends seats is that they cost $250, so they are not close to sold out.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I think Seattle just has a perfect storm of not having teams in all 4 major American sports, having a young hipster population that's more open in lots of ways to Soccer than traditional American sports , and fanatical local pride. At least that's my guess.

They also got a big boost because the Sonics got sold in 2006 and started planning to move. Then the Sounders started playing in 2007 and the basketball team moved to Oklahoma City in 2008. Soccer filled the new void in the city.

I disagree. The problem with the Legends seats is that they cost $250, so they are not close to sold out.

For the people spending $250 on a ticket, it's not that much for them. Yankees season tickets in Legends cost $50,000 per seat at a minimum.

I'd hate for us to have a 40,000 seat stadium and have it partially empty. 25k is always the number I thought sounded good to me.

It sounds good to me too. Look right across the Hudson River, The Harrison Stadium has a capacity for 25k to 30k, ( I may be redundant in repeating this ) In their home opener, with out looking at the actual numbers, was visually clear that the stadium was at least 1/3 empty. It would be interesting to know what percentage of season tickets holders and regular fans have become NYCFC fans and no longer plan to drive to NJ to cheer for the Red Bulls. Building a stadium with 21-25k capacity with room to expand in the future would be the way to go.

Reactions: HamishBK
If the stadium is in the 5 Boroughs with good public transport you just can't compare the drawing power of that to Jersey. I think they could fill 30K easy.
36,000 or bust.

We can easily sell out each game. 16 season ticket holders. It's going to keep growing as more and more people catch on and the hype continues to build. I imagine we hit 20k before the end of 2015.

We could easily have 25k in 3-4 years.

I imagine a 36k seat stadium would be easy to fill out. Look at the demand. Look at the demographics. The Hispanic population is growing and getting wealthier so it makes sense they'll continue to buy in.

Reactions: Fabio

Just before the season started there was only 1 legend seat left. its still there . although you can't buy the seats on the website it still shows you whats available

Email the ticket office and tell them you want to buy 10 Legends seats for your company. See how quickly they call you back.
I sent an email because I was genuinely interested and they said they have them available. I asked for 2 seats and what sections were free and they never replied back lol

Found this. Most of the numbers are from previous years, but should give us a good idea on where NYCFC stands.

Total season ticket holders, per club, in MLS

Seattle Sounders FC – 32,000 (2010)

NYCFC – 16,000 (2015)

Vancouver Whitecaps FC – 15,500-16,500 (2011)

Toronto FC – 16,000 (2011)

Portland Timbers FC – 14,750 (2012)

Orlando City – 13,000 (2015)

Philadelphia Union – 12,000-13,000 (2011)

Sporting Kansas City – 11,000 (2011)

Real Salt Lake – 7,000-8,000 (2011)

Montreal Impact – 5,000+ (2012)

Toronto is just over 20k now.