New Man City Kit Revealed. A Sign Of Things To Come ?

I don't know, the stripes are in a place that don't interfere much with the rest of the jersey. Any good designer can integrate the stripes into the shirt design and make it look cohesive.

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
are u guys actually saying that the league not the clubs dictate who the kit manufacturer is. How do clubs make money out there ?

are u guys actually saying that the league not the clubs dictate who the kit manufacturer is. How do clubs make money out there ?

yeah, MLS strikes a deal with the manufacturer on behalf of the clubs. They signed a 200M deal in 2010 for 8 years. I think the bargaining power is greater with all of the clubs together. Most leagues now in the US are under one provider. Adidas has MLS and NBA, Nike has NFL, NHL is Reebok (?). Adidas also handles a lot of the other apparel, including tshirts and the like.

This is why the merchandise for NYCFC has been somewhat lacking. Adidas absolutely sucks at other merchandise and their designs are few and uninspired. the Pelicans, an NBA team suffers the same fate.

which is also part of what I dislike about Adidas. Nike continually pumps out new designs for NFL apparel while Adidas apparently can't be bothered to anything more than slap a big logo on a shirt.

Kits are something that will always generate disagreement among fans. Some people love the 3 stripes of Adidas, others hate it. Some people love the simplicity of Nike's designs, others hate it. An example is Mexico's current kits. Some people love them because they are so unique and eye catching. Others think they are hideous. These companies (Nike, Adidas, Puma, Umbro, Joma, Macron, etc.) just cannot please everyone and they need to have some defining feature to make themselves stand out (like the 3 stripes of Adidas). As for similarities among kits (Tottenham/France for example), there are so many teams around the world that there are bound to be similarities, especially with teams in this particular sport getting new kits every season.

As a huge Real Madrid fan, I'll weigh in on the pink away kits: I wish Real Madrid would stick to their traditional away colors such as blue/black/purple, but the club's board wants to generate as many shirt sales as possible by radically changing the kits and colors every season. I'm not against the color pink just because it's pink though.

Kits are something that will always generate disagreement among fans. Some people love the 3 stripes of Adidas, others hate it. Some people love the simplicity of Nike's designs, others hate it. An example is Mexico's current kits. Some people love them because they are so unique and eye catching. Others think they are hideous. These companies (Nike, Adidas, Puma, Umbro, Joma, Macron, etc.) just cannot please everyone and they need to have some defining feature to make themselves stand out (like the 3 stripes of Adidas). As for similarities among kits (Tottenham/France for example), there are so many teams around the world that there are bound to be similarities, especially with teams in this particular sport getting new kits every season.

As a huge Real Madrid fan, I'll weigh in on the pink away kits: I wish Real Madrid would stick to traditional away colors such as blue/black/purple, but the club's board wants to generate as many shirt sales as possible by radically changing the kits and colors every season. I'm not against the color pink just because it's pink though.

I agree with you that teams should have a set series of away kits, but it appears that teams are now going in the direction of free for alls on the away kits. It's annoying, because I think there's plenty of room to be inventive in the third kit that many teams now have which can also generate sales. But so it goes.

And my objection is not "it's pink" to the RM aways; it's the shade of pink they chose as well as the lack of other design elements to compliment it. It's just an eye sore to me. If the adidas shoulder stripes had been something other than white, I think they could have pulled it off.

Nice and clean. Dig it.

In my opinion, the only similarities this kit will have with NYCFC is the color. I think NYCFC knows that they need to create their own identity and brand, so they won't try to look like mini MC.
decent point but if you look at the melbourne uniforms, they kept their historic red stripes but the away is the exact replica of MC third kit, looks like CFB likes consistency throughout the group

Well, actually I agree about Adidas but not the NY blue as the home kit color. There's more dark blue home kits in MLS than sky blue not to mention the sky blue is probably one of the few things that would visually connect MCFC with NYCFC. The kit will be sky blue; most of the coloring being used by the club is sky blue. Not to mention a lighter home kit is a blessing in MLS with the frequent very hot games.

Home kit is almost certainly sky blue with NY blue accents on the adidas shoulders.
agreed, look at the villa shirt they came out with, sky blue, home will be 100% sky blue. Will also be similar to MCFC, which is not a big deal, we are too caught up with this little brother complex. The teams are part of a group, their WILL be consistency throughout the group

I agree with you that teams should have a set series of away kits, but it appears that teams are now going in the direction of free for alls on the away kits. It's annoying, because I think there's plenty of room to be inventive in the third kit that many teams now have which can also generate sales. But so it goes.

And my objection is not "it's pink" to the RM aways; it's the shade of pink they chose as well as the lack of other design elements to compliment it. It's just an eye sore to me. If the adidas shoulder stripes had been something other than white, I think they could have pulled it off.

Plus the cherry on top is that (for the first time ever) Real Madrid is changing the colors of the badge to match the colors of the away kit... so a pink badge. That (changing the colors of the badge to ANY new color) is shameful in my opinion.

Last edited:
I don't like the monochrome look would prefer white shorts. I would be willing to bet sky blue is NYCFC's primary color. I'm shocked anyone would entertain the idea it won't be.

Reactions: Kjbert
agreed, look at the villa shirt they came out with, sky blue, home will be 100% sky blue. Will also be similar to MCFC, which is not a big deal, we are too caught up with this little brother complex. The teams are part of a group, their WILL be consistency throughout the group

This 100%.

The shirt that David Villa held up will be 95% similar to the kit most of us will buy

Edit: Replied to the wrong damn post originally. Fixed now.
Well, actually I agree about Adidas but not the NY blue as the home kit color. There's more dark blue home kits in MLS than sky blue not to mention the sky blue is probably one of the few things that would visually connect MCFC with NYCFC. The kit will be sky blue; most of the coloring being used by the club is sky blue. Not to mention a lighter home kit is a blessing in MLS with the frequent very hot games.

Home kit is almost certainly sky blue with NY blue accents on the adidas shoulders.

I agree with your guess on the kit, but I think you just described SKC's home kit.

Well, I just looked and they have a random blue sleeve. So maybe we're getting their training jerseys? Yay. I can hardly wait. In any event, I'm sure Adidas will do a bang up job of making it distinctive. Just as sure as I am that the US will win the 2018 World Cup.

SKC Training shirt:
64369.jpg

Last edited:
In any event, I'm sure Adidas will do a bang up job of making it distinctive. Just as sure as I am that the US will win the 2018 World Cup.

I'm sensing a little sarcasm.

Last edited:
decent point but if you look at the melbourne uniforms, they kept their historic red stripes but the away is the exact replica of MC third kit, looks like CFB likes consistency throughout the group

I think you have there kits the wrong way round the second kit is the traditional Heart one

130611-mntvpan-jozy2.jpg

I knew I recognized our new shirt from somewhere! If that is not the template that was used it is very close.

Another argument for Nike's laziness. Although, others have made a good argument for the same with Adidas.