New Swag

I just picked one up at the UWS U90 and they are blank. They do not have the authentic printing in white (for the black keeper jersey) so I'm going to swing by the Soho Adidas store sometime this week to see if they can help me out. Otherwise I'll go to the team store at Yankee Stadium to check there.

Give us an update. I don't want to buy a keeper's jersey if I can't get Johansen customized on it.

Reactions: adam
I happened to pop into Upper 90 (UWS location) this weekend and they had a few of the keeper kits out already, per NYCFCfan NYCFCfan's tweet. Don't recall what sizes.

Are they selling keeper kits this year because they anticipate selling a bunch of Tim Howard jerseys? Because Adidas just like the armadillo design? Because fans were clamoring for them for awhile and Adidas finally assented?
Generally I like keeper jerseys because they're the same as the regular ones but in wild colors (I have a Man City jersey in international orange!). Not sure I love the armadillo design though. I mean, really? An armadillo? Will check it out this weekend at the stadium though as I do like the swirl one now that I've seen it in person.

It's probably a blessing that the only people that can be full-on keeper wankers are the 10 souls that got the Keeper socks with their City Points.
I picked up the orange keeper socks with City Points. I use them all the time!

Reactions: Ulrich
I happened to pop into Upper 90 (UWS location) this weekend and they had a few of the keeper kits out already, per NYCFCfan NYCFCfan's tweet. Don't recall what sizes.

Are they selling keeper kits this year because they anticipate selling a bunch of Tim Howard jerseys? Because Adidas just like the armadillo design? Because fans were clamoring for them for awhile and Adidas finally assented?
Not sure, I'll ask the people at U90 next time I speak to them to see if they know.

I assume Tim Howard had a lot to do with it.

Give us an update. I don't want to buy a keeper's jersey if I can't get Johansen customized on it.

Called the Soho Adidas store and was told that they have the authentic name/number printing in white. I'm going down there this evening or tomorrow to get it done. Will let you know by tomorrow night how it went.

Generally I like keeper jerseys because they're the same as the regular ones but in wild colors

Me too, though the keeper kit I actually have is the opposite direction: just a simple black & white one which I liked as a contrast to my regular red Liverpool jersey.

And I hope Adidas' decision to sell MLS keeper kits this year means that there might be more variety/team specific ones in the future

I think most keeper jerseys will go on sale through stores like upper90 if they do decide to sell them. I can't see adidas selling them directly, I mean we don't even have authentics for crying out loud. I hope that changes soon. I would love to use my discount on authentics.

I hate Fanatics. Their sales never really amount to much compared to Modell's, Lids, etc. It stinks that the nycfc store was taken over by fanatics this year. Fanatics seems to be taking over as many merchandise retailers as they can (mls, mlb, nfl, nba, ufc, and others).

I try to buy items at other retailers if possible.

Called the Soho Adidas store and was told that they have the authentic name/number printing in white. I'm going down there this evening or tomorrow to get it done. Will let you know by tomorrow night how it went.
Hey man. Did they have the authentic lettering? I picked up a keeper jersey last night and am thinking about getting it customized.

Hey man. Did they have the authentic lettering? I picked up a keeper jersey last night and am thinking about getting it customized.
No joy at the Soho Adidas store despite the fact that I was told on the phone they had it -- when I actually went there last night to get it done I was told they could do the printing but it will not be authentic. I'm still searching the web to see what I can do and will let you know if I'm able to find anything.

No joy at the Soho Adidas store despite the fact that I was told on the phone they had it -- when I actually went there last night to get it done I was told they could do the printing but it will not be authentic. I'm still searching the web to see what I can do and will let you know if I'm able to find anything.
Awesome. U90 said the same. He said that he could press it with the sky blue nameset from last year's black kit. I might go for that.

How was the rest of their NYCFC spread? I'm thinking of stopping over during lunch to try something on, but don't feel like making the trek if they barely have anything.

How was the rest of their NYCFC spread? I'm thinking of stopping over during lunch to try something on, but don't feel like making the trek if they barely have anything.

I was pretty disappointed to be honest. Upper 90 has a better selection.

Where ya get the keeper jersey from?!

Upper 90 has the black keeper jersey in stock.

Reactions: Danton and SFphoto
Yeah. Adidas store is extremely sparce this year. Upper90 had a pretty good selection out last night. All the jerseys, a few different jackets, hats and even the NYCFC 3/4 pants.

Where ya get the keeper jersey from?!
Like Paul Paul said, U90. The one weird thing is that the keeper kit has a different sizing than the jersey. Instead of S, M and L, it's by number. 6, 8, 10, 12. I wear an authentic large and went with a size 8. Sleeves are a little short, but the rest fit great.

Yeah. Adidas store is extremely sparce this year. Upper90 had a pretty good selection out last night. All the jerseys, a few different jackets, hats and even the NYCFC 3/4 pants.

Like Paul Paul said, U90. The one weird thing is that the keeper kit has a different sizing than the jersey. Instead of S, M and L, it's by number. 6, 8, 10, 12. I wear an authentic large and went with a size 8. Sleeves are a little short, but the rest fit great.

I went in to get the away kit and ended talking to the employees there about the goalie kit, and they said no one they called up top (managers, bosses, etc.) had an idea about how the sizing was supposed to go. I think after some time they came up with the sizes being closest to:

2-XS/S
4-S/M
6-M/L
8-L/XL
10-XL/XXL
12- XXL/XXXL

Not sure if that helps, just trying to relay information. Weird sizing means too, doesn't seem to make much sense. At least 38, 40, 42, 44 sizing makes sense in that its just the measurement of one's chest.

Reactions: SFphoto