New York City Fc Sign Colombian Midfielder Javier Calle

I know nothing about this guy. Can someone who is familiar with him offer the following...:

1) An MLS player comparison
2) His ceiling in MLS (or abroad or internationally)
3) His best position in MLS (might not be a winger)

Does anyone really know? From what I've read, he can play anywhere from winger, to center mid, to fullback. I think given the well-rounded skillset, he'd fit best on one of the corners of the diamond, where all skills will be utilized. But maybe Reyna and Kreis see some tenacity in him and try to develop him at CDM or as a really good overlapping fullback.

Reactions: Kjbert
Does anyone really know? From what I've read, he can play anywhere from winger, to center mid, to fullback. I think given the well-rounded skillset, he'd fit best on one of the corners of the diamond, where all skills will be utilized. But maybe Reyna and Kreis see some tenacity in him and try to develop him at CDM or as a really good overlapping fullback.
That's really awesome. The only problem I see is that sometimes youth players that are very good at a lot of things, but don't stand out at one particular thing get shuffled around a lot and end up not fulfilling their potential. I have a lot of trust in Kreis and the coaching staff so I think it will be fine, though.

I think this squad is lacking overlapping fullbacks. I support Everton and one of my favorite parts about the way we play is how Coleman gets up and down the field.
I think Williams will be our best overlapper. But he's cross-execution isn't very good.

He is pretty good on headers on set-pieces, so thats a plus.

I wonder if Kreis will try Calle at LB instead of LM. Seems to small for a defender in MLS.

No offense my friend, but your breaking news has been rehashes of other articles, and you had some clickbait tweets about the FL extension last time. I would wait for more confirmation on this signing

No offense taken....I have directly spoken with a source in Bogota for the past month or so. He has updated me with information on this deal ever since Calle was rumoured to NYCFC in early December. Sites like Goal.com and TeleMedellin have since then reported this deal as done.

I think that leaves holes at FWD and all across the defense. We have almost no depth at those positions, would love to see a big CB signing. Not having 2/3 of our DPs for half the season, and counting on John to play well when he returns is a bit frightening.

Can they just announce him as a signing already? I can only think that they waiting til after the 3rd and 4th rounds of the Superdraft are done so that him as a signing isnt overshadowed

Can they just announce him as a signing already? I can only think that they waiting til after the 3rd and 4th rounds of the Superdraft are done so that him as a signing isnt overshadowed
I think it's more of a visa issue, or at least that what they made it sound like.