roxfontaine

Level Up
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 7, 2015
I'm Around
1. Red Bulls Not Giving Up on New York City

Multiple fans asked Marc de Grandpre about the Red Bulls marketing plans, specifically in the New York City market. De Grandpre insisted that the club would not surrender New York City to New York City FC and said that the Red Bulls would emphasize traditional marketing methods (radio, television, and print) this coming season.

Bitch, please...

The rest here:
New York Red Bulls Town Hall Recap: February 2016 Edition http://www.onceametro.com/2016/2/12...icle:top&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter via Once_A_Metro

Didn't they poach someone from our marketing department last season?

R roxfontaine Can you add to the agenda discussing Cityzens points from the in stadium store and the new online store we have to use, MLSstore.com?

Please elaborate. I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

You probably know the beginning of the point, but I'll elaborate the full point...Season ticket holders, Third Rail or otherwise, are Cityzens. We get points for attending games and tweeting which we spend on post match meet and greets, signed memorabilia, and the infamous winter beniegate. We should be getting 1 point per $10 spent online at the online NYCFC shop. They've had problems connecting the purchases translating into points on the Cityzens portal, which they are fixing. However, now the online site has moved to MLS so there may be even more of a disconnect. Moreover, I think there are fans, like myself, that spend a lot more in the stadium store than online and don't receive the points. This seems a bit unjust. Moreover, in Manchester they 2 points for 1 pound spent which is vastly more than us. http://beacityzen.mcfc.co.uk/the-points.html

Just something to considering bringing up if you have time at the meeting.

As a TR member, I'm looking forward to hearing back how the meeting goes, all points of the agenda.

Multiple fans asked Marc de Grandpre about the Red Bulls marketing plans, specifically in the New York City market. De Grandpre insisted that the club would not surrender New York City to New York City FC and said that the Red Bulls would emphasize traditional marketing methods (radio, television, and print) this coming season.

Like hell I will be a committedRB fan. When the former MetroStars franchise name was sold/changed name, and the stadium was built in NJ, It no longer held any appeal to me. if at least they would have kept something of its original beginnings, I would had remained a fan. I strongly feel The RB team is a NJ product. I am a committed 101% percent NYCFC fan if and when the site is found to build its own stadium , I expect that the owners DO NOT make the same mistake of changing names and/or build in another area outside the metro NY area.
PS Thanks Rox for keeping us informed.

Bitch, please...

The rest here:
New York Red Bulls Town Hall Recap: February 2016 Edition http://www.onceametro.com/2016/2/12/10966694/new-york-red-bulls-town-hall-recap-2016-february-ali-curtis-marc-de-grandpre?utm_campaign=onceametro&utm_content=article:top&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter via Once_A_Metro

Must be mad cow disease ...

Their demographics are fucked if theyre using traditional methods of marketing. Their targted demo, evidently, isnt showing profit

I got a chuckle when Robles turned the question around and asked the fans to do their part and come to the games. "As a player to the fans, when you come to the stadium, and see 7,000 empty seats, what is your feeling?" he asks. An attendee yells out, "depressed." Robles continues to explain how great the Bulls are, with the best arena and field, and will continue to give fans a reason to come to the games, but that it is also the fans responsibility to spread the word to help fill the arena.

I personally don't think, even with a massive marketing blitz and word of mouth, will sway the majority of NYC dwellers to pledge their allegiance to a team, that arguably is New York in name only. How will they combat against a team with New York City as its name sake and plays within city limits? I just don't see it happening.

Bitch, please...

The rest here:
New York Red Bulls Town Hall Recap: February 2016 Edition http://www.onceametro.com/2016/2/12/10966694/new-york-red-bulls-town-hall-recap-2016-february-ali-curtis-marc-de-grandpre?utm_campaign=onceametro&utm_content=article:top&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter via Once_A_Metro

Wow. I work for a digital agency and find this crazy. I mean, the entire reason my company exists is because of how ineffective traditional advertising has become. This shows just how out of touch their leadership is.

It's pretty telling of their target market as well. Older, family oriented friends. Where NYC is obviously targeting a much younger demo. Interesting stuff!

I got a chuckle when Robles turned the question around and asked the fans to do their part and come to the games. "As a player to the fans, when you come to the stadium, and see 7,000 empty seats, what is your feeling?" he asks. An attendee yells out, "depressed." Robles continues to explain how great the Bulls are, with the best arena and field, and will continue to give fans a reason to come to the games, but that it is also the fans responsibility to spread the word to help fill the arena.

I personally don't think, even with a massive marketing blitz and word of mouth, will sway the majority of NYC dwellers to pledge their allegiance to a team, that arguably is New York in name only. How will they combat against a team with New York City as its name sake and plays within city limits? I just don't see it happening.
absolutely. If I am a new fan that knows nothing about soccer and you tell me to pick a team, all I need to hear is 1 team calls themselves NY and plays in NY proper, and the other team calls themselves NY and plays in NJ, there is a very small chance that they are going to pick the redbulls. I mean they have to either hate city, absolutely love the color red, or know a friend that's a die hard redbulls fan that sways their mind. I got to imagine if this untapped pool of people 95% would choose NYCFC. Assuming they build their stadium in NY. If they move to LI/Westchester/NJ, then the hell with both teams.

Reactions: ktdNYCFC and Vallos
Wow. I work for a digital agency and find this crazy. I mean, the entire reason my company exists is because of how ineffective traditional advertising has become. This shows just how out of touch their leadership is.

It's pretty telling of their target market as well. Older, family oriented friends. Where NYC is obviously targeting a much younger demo. Interesting stuff!
Are you surprised since Metro started out trying to lure the Soccer Mom demographic? That organization, in all of it's rebirths (Metromedia, Anschutz/AEG, RB) has NEVER understood how to market to the area. They could have started out as the kings of the league from a marketing standpoint, but fell flat on their faces from day one.

Gotta admit I really like Robles. As pre-packaged as it might have been, his answer to the NYC/RB rivalry really showed how the players value growth of the league over fan bitterness. Would love to hear him as a commentator after he retires, he's really well spoken.