NYCFC 2021 MLS Cup Champions

I am not certain, but that might be reflecting the MSA - i.e. 1.5% of 20,000,000.

Still it's a relatively low percentage, but it's overall positive. The Club should get some real momentum out of this, and after the last couple of years, we need it.
So that's looking at around 300,000 viewers, if we count people watching with spouses/children as well as the watch parties etc.

I think that's pretty nice comparatively, and like you said we should get momentum out of this. I think if they spend a lot for marketing during the offseason, it could definitely have a net positive gain of fans. Some people have posted about billboards they've seen, and I think that's definitely one way of getting more fans.

1.5% of 8,400,000 = 126,000.
So NY peaked at around 126,000 viewers? plus of course people that watched on the same screen so we can maybe multiply that by like 1/2? so we are looking at around maybe 180,000? That's incredibly small compared to the population of New York City. (Unless the region is bigger than that, but even then.)

It's not a peak, it's an average. At its peak would have been much higher.

Reactions: Shwafta
Yeah, and there was a lot of Carolina in there. Greenville-Spartanburg-Asheville is a good 2-3 hours from Charlotte. Raleigh is even farther in the opposite direction. And Charlotte wasn't itself even in the Top 10.

My guess is that this is anticipation around joining the league combined with those areas being a bit more progressive and younger than Charlotte itself.
Shwafta Shwafta Gotham Gator Gotham Gator

It may just be some of my friends and family, but I know a bunch of people who are NY expats who have moved down to the Carolinas (both NC and SC). Carolinas are somewhat becoming like Florida where New Yorkers are heading down to retire or just to get warmer weather, without going all the way down to Florida.

My friends/family are either still in NY or down in one of the Carolinas. I wouldn't be surprised if that's also part of the reason for the large number of viewers in those cities.

#FreeHotelByStayingAtMyFriendsHouseAwayDaysAreTheBestAwayDays

Shwafta Shwafta Gotham Gator Gotham Gator

It may just be some of my friends and family, but I know a bunch of people who are NY expats who have moved down to the Carolinas (both NC and SC). Carolinas are somewhat becoming like Florida where New Yorkers are heading down to retire or just to get warmer weather, without going all the way down to Florida.

My friends/family are either still in NY or down in one of the Carolinas. I wouldn't be surprised if that's also part of the reason for the large number of viewers in those cities.

#FreeHotelByStayingAtMyFriendsHouseAwayDaysAreTheBestAwayDays
That could be for sure. My parents retired to the mountains of NC - near Asheville - although in their case they came out of Florida. There are quite a few people heading down - including one of my best friends.

Reactions: Schwallacus
LMFAO this is what I said to mgarbowski mgarbowski
1639668371940.png
Also some other highlights from the article if you can't read it:
1639668472507.png

Just enjoying that the Twitter algo decided the 2 people I need to know Liked this tweet are Schwallacus Schwallacus and Heber.
View attachment 11729
Damn, got married and now I'm on a similar level as a brilliant Brazilian forward according to Twitter. Moving real fast up these Twitter algorithm ranks!!

#QuestfortheAlgorithmCup22