NYCFC Confirm Departure of PV. Nice Confirm Arrival of PV as Manager.

Jonathan Lewis right now

giphy.gif

I think the team has two options (or a combination of the two) to handle the remainder of the season.

1 - Elevate Lattanzio on an interim basis to maintain continuity (or maybe bring someone in from Manchester on the same theory).
2 - Take advantage of the summer and go find a long term solution from among the leagues that are on break.

I am going to guess we start with #1 and the Club tries to find #2 over the next couple of weeks.

I also think the Club is totally prepared for this, so things will move quickly and be as seamless as possible.

yes ...the only question is if PV can raid the current coaches assistants for his team in Nice, if he can then 1 may not occur.

CFG should of already had names since it is thought he would of left at end of 2018

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I think the team has two options (or a combination of the two) to handle the remainder of the season.

1 - Elevate Lattanzio on an interim basis to maintain continuity (or maybe bring someone in from Manchester on the same theory).
2 - Take advantage of the summer and go find a long term solution from among the leagues that are on break.

I am going to guess we start with #1 and the Club tries to find #2 over the next couple of weeks.

I also think the Club is totally prepared for this, so things will move quickly and be as seamless as possible.

I would think #2 between the summer break and managers that may be cut loose after the World Cup, surely this is a better moment than running an interim and trying to find someone in November or disrupting things later in the season.

I would think #2 between the summer break and managers that may be cut loose after the World Cup, surely this is a better moment than running an interim and trying to find someone in November or disrupting things later in the season.

thing is that WC break ends in june so first round still going, and if you want to wait for other top ones....i dont think we wait until July may come in until August, earliest.

i do want them at least right before the WC break so they have time to work with team

No one is actually mad at PV for leaving right? Be realistic guys.
I’m not really, it was to be expected. But I will be mad/sad if we lose someone like Ring this offseason because PV is gone and he was a big reason Ring came here. Not to say that would happen, hopefully Ring is now happy here, and can be properly compensated, but just something to think about.

And I think it depends to on who he is replaced with, and how that plays out. I reserve the right to be mad at the end of the season if we don’t win any hardware.

It was just reported on SiriusXM FC that PV will address the media today after training.

For the record, that's normal after a training w/media present. But notable because all the questions will be about this issue, and it probably is surprising he's willing to take those questions right now.

By the way an interesting name I saw bandied about on Twitter earlier: Caleb Porter. Figure he's maybe a frontrunner for USMNT, but would he be a decent solution? I don't know enough about him other than how good Portland was under his leadership.

The timing sucks. We have such a tough stretch of games coming up at home, where we really need to take care of business

Reactions: Kjbert
Funny to think that NYCFC and the USMNT may be competing with each other for a coach.

Which job would you take?

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
Even if we go interim coach, CFG owes it to the team to make things as consistent as possible to be successful on the field. The team has an identity it should see out the year with because that's what it's best at. We have a very good shot at the Cup this year and I'd hate to see someone with a strange style come in and ruin the season.

Promote from within. Finish the season. Cfg is the recruitment body, not PV or Claudio.

Berhalter for USMNT if not David Wagner. What Berhalter has done with a rotating cast of characters and in a shitty situation is a miracle. Best American coach not named Bradley.

For the record, that's normal after a training w/media present. But notable because all the questions will be about this issue, and it probably is surprising he's willing to take those questions right now.
You are correct, so I went back to hear exactly what Jason Davis said... "Here is an update. PV will address the media after training today."

This leads me to believe he is going to address the rumors that are swirling about. So we'll know which direction he is going to go soon enough.