NYCFC Confirm Departure of PV. Nice Confirm Arrival of PV as Manager.

that was going to be an issue whenever he left though, he may have extended another year but i dont think much more than that.

what compensation did people want? if its money then i dont think we can even use that as GAM/TAM anyway. the only thing is that we get to keep his right hand man assistant as interim or something.

Refusal to poach coaches (or players) from NYCFC. If Vieira at Nice would go after Ring or Shradi I would be livid.

Refusal to poach coaches (or players) from NYCFC. He Vieira at Nice would go after Ring or Shradi I would be livid.

so then more of a deal than compensation. fair. out of those two i think Shardi would be most likely to leave since i think Ring wants to be next captain and be "his team" once villa is done.

The only way I see this as even a possibility is if Sean Johnson is already being courted by foreign teams and NYCFC plans to sell him for max GAM in the summer window. Not sure where we get the additional international spot though.

Johnson has been good for us but i dont know if performances have been that great that he is generating interest abroad. he still has brain farts with some of his decision making

i still think its just agent work for now.

Yeah, no compensation makes zero sense, unless its lost in translation that Nice doesn't pay but Vieira does. Otherwise, CFG wrote about the worst contract ever that didn't include a penalty clause.
Patrick may have had an out clause in his contract upon signing

I just wanna use this as a reminder that we are jumping to a TON of conclusions and making many assumptions about PV, his contract, and the club based on several reports in which some facts have already been contradicted.

Now, even this tweet could be inaccurate, and we will have confirmation of that later today. But we are flying around based on info that we don’t really know the quality of.

Reactions: joe
No one is actually mad at PV for leaving right? Be realistic guys.

not me, managers come and go, the thing now is how the FO responds with who they put in charge. Interim until WC break? someone permanent now?

Reactions: COLINMOUTH
How is that different than what I described? He’s managing the experts under him. Final say yes, but not the minutiae.

Edit: and in the world of NYCFC, Patricof is the face of the club to the city and other businesses. He’s the guy shaking hands and promoting initiatives. He’s meeting with fans (at round intimate table discussions) and liaising with the Yankees (I wrote him directly when YS didn’t have their water fountains installed for the first game and he discussed it with the Pinstripes).

I think we disagree on the level of his involvement as a COO. To say “I don’t think Patricof had anything to do with Pv’s contract” or won’t have a “hands on role” with the stadium is a magnitude different than what I would expect of our club COO.

My experience observing and working for COO’s has been they are very hands on but very selective about where they spend their time. They aren’t writing the fine print- but they are reviewing it before execution and they know the details of the contract intimately- at least for the contracts representing key roles or your biggest spend- that means people like PV, Villa and previously Pirlo and Lampard. If he didn’t have anything to do with PV’s contract then he damn well should have and made sure we were protected if PV decided to leave early.

Same with the stadium- if he’s not very hands on for the big picture elements, then there is a problem. Otherwise, how does he know the feedback he gets from the stakeholders will be incorporated as intended?

If Patricof’s role is limited largely to shaking hands and kissing babies, then maybe his role would be better suited to something other than club president.

Everything from the ticket resale operation to management of stadium news or lack thereof to a simple task like mailing the season passes seems to resemble an operation where they are trying to assemble the plane as it is taking off down the runway.

If he doesn’t have the ability or interest to properly manage this stuff then find a president that will or fire the person that actually is responsible for getting this stuff done if it’s not Patricof. Either way, I blame him.

It’s amateur hour in the FO with this stuff and candidly, i’d be embarrassed if anyone else saw this stuff except us because we are the only ones looking that closely.

Reactions: Paul
so then more of a deal than compensation. fair. out of those two i think Shardi would be most likely to leave since i think Ring wants to be next captain and be "his team" once villa is done.
Nice also has Seri as their "6", so the center defensive mid position is already taken. I also think Ring's in line to become a full TAM player next year and wouldn't be surprised if he could make more here than there especially with the green card.

im going to ask this again since i dont see many answers....what type of compensation are people expecting? Nice paying the buyout clause?

Money. Unless this is never done in the sport and doing so would be a total break from current practice.

But if it’s not atypical for a club to receive some sort of cash penalty for a managing leaving before his contract expires then we should have had a clause to get us something, anything.

Instead, we are going to get a team in transition that could detrimentally affect the outcome of the season and by extension ticket sales, recruiting, etc and received nothing in return.

Money. Unless this is never done in the sport and doing so would be a total break from current practice.

But if it’s not atypical for a club to receive some sort of cash penalty for a managing leaving before his contract expires then we should have had a clause to get us something, anything.

Instead, we are going to get a team in transition that could detrimentally affect the outcome of the season and by extension ticket sales, recruiting, etc and received nothing in return.

ok....what good does it do if we got cash ? we cant use it for GAM/TAM or what ever "AM" there may be. the cash is not really going to make a difference to CFG since it cannot be that much with only 6 months left and they got money anyway. i just dont see how this changes anything once he is gone. you really think people really buying tickets to see PV manage? id like to know what "anything" could be. we are not getting a player for him.

recruiting? Yes, but this was something that we would have to face at some point. now, end of 2018 or whenever he left. he was not going to stay here forever.
and who knows maybe there was clause for this type of situation to be facilitated, maybe both negotiated a way out ...we dont know what the contract states.