NYCFC Confirm Departure of PV. Nice Confirm Arrival of PV as Manager.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
There is no way to reconcile the reports from France and Vieira's statements. Someone is just lying. Since I can't think of a reason for OGC Niice to keep falsely stating they are close to signing him if it isn't true, then it's probably PV. I do understand why he almost has to do it.
He can say that and not technically be lying if the call was from his agent. Or if it’s been via email or Skype. All he mentioned was his phone.

He can say that and not technically be lying if the call was from his agent. Or if it’s been via email or Skype. All he mentioned was his phone.
Using a common figure of speech and claiming it is not a lie because you meant it to be taken literally instead of it's commonly understood meaning is lying.

ETA: Again, I get he has to play the game, and deception is part of it. But it's still deception.

Using a common figure of speech and claiming it is not a lie because you meant it to be taken literally instead of it's commonly understood meaning is lying.

ETA: Again, I get he has to play the game, and deception is part of it. But it's still deception.

of course....but countless times we have seen same type of responses from managers/ players right before a move.

this is why pages back when he said stuff like "im fully committed etc"...i said "He gone"

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Twitter chatter is starting to turn to reports about what will be Plan B for OGC Nice if they don't sign Vieira. That, and the way this has dragged out, has me thinking the odds on him staying are moving up.

Until I see something on NYCFC.com, I won’t believe anything.

Reactions: Kjbert
FTR, I lean towards hoping that he will stay, but will not be crushed if he doesn't. I appreciate that he has successfully introduced a unique and effective (and exciting) system which has generally worked well. But he is also young and inexperienced, stubborn and rigid - all of which have been on display at times (including, of course, in important situations). In my mind, this season is the one for which he should be judged. He has his roster and he has his way. I am prepared to give him the season to show that he can learn and grow and fix and adjust. Great coaches do that. Maybe he is or will be one. I would like to see the completed product. I wouldn't be shocked if that result includes hardware. He has failed in my mind if it doesn't. But I also wouldn't be shocked if that includes an insurmountable deficit after Leg 1, Playoff game 1. Maybe I am a glutton, but I want to see how it plays out.

I want him to stay, mainly because I don't trust them to bring someone better in. I don't think they'd ever bring in a proven manager. We aren't a priority and I still believe we are considered a little pet project. I'd be shocked if our next manager is not of the developmental ilk again.

Reactions: Malatesta